Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Liberty seem to be doing very good deals this year. I swore blind a few years ago id never go with them again but this year iv bike and car insurance with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

aaakev wrote: »
    Liberty seem to be doing very good deals this year. I swore blind a few years ago id never go with them again but this year iv bike and car insurance with them!

They are the cheapest so far currently, but I have heard horror stories about them paying out. If the premium is only slightly dearer I would stay with Adelaide.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

mask is slipping slightly with adelaide imo. Been with them for a good few years, and policy shot up last year. They tried to sneak it up considerably this year too. Im guessing theyve gotten the market share they were aiming for, and have changed tact

They gave me some waffle about a new quote system etc etc.....and they give you a price and then the ADMIN FEE on top shoots it back up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭prunudo

I'm in a similar position to yourself, insurance up next month, with Adelaide and they're the cheapest, quoted me €330. Liberty were looking for €370 and they're policy isn't as good!

• Advertisement

jvan wrote: »
    I'm in a similar position to yourself, insurance up next month, with Adelaide and they're the cheapest, quoted me €330. Liberty were looking for €370 and they're policy isn't as good!

Just got a call back from Adelaide and they can give me a "Special Discount" whatever that means. Pack of chancers the lot of them.....

So my new policy is €367 incld leathers and helmet cover, riding other bikes extension and pillion too. European breakdown for 45 days and full legal costs.

Not too bad on a litre bike with only 3 yrs NCB. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Just got a call back from Adelaide and they can give me a "Special Discount" whatever that means. Pack of chancers the lot of them.....

So my new policy is €367 incld leathers and helmet cover, riding other bikes extension and pillion too. European breakdown for 45 days and full legal costs.

Not too bad on a litre bike with only 3 yrs NCB. :D

I am on the hunt for the insurance also up in two weeks. Unlike you I am getting charged mental money. I noticed a discrepancy in the number of years no claims bonus I had. Liberty had it down as 1 year but I should have 2 years. After a week of phonecalls to Liberty I finally got a human on the end of the phone with a bit of authority and I am now back to two years no claims bonus.

Adelaide are also the cheapest for me at the moment by about 400 quid. Waiting to hear back from CN and I will ring liberty again to see if they will beat Adelaide.

anything to try save a few bob.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Wonda that's a great quote. I did not even know they covered your helmet and leathers. Very handy to be able to ride other bikes and european breakdown will save you €100+ on a seperate policy if you do a trip.

The one thing I'd say lads is try to get FULL No Clams Bonus Protection - it doesn't cost that much extra. I put it on mine just a few months before my bike was nicked. My policy is up next month and hopefully I should not have any surprises. I had 5 years ncb and I was paying about €450 with Liberty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

+1 on NCB protection

I wish I had it a year ago :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

This guy gets a little bit of air

http://i.imgur.com//Aqokw5x.gif

• Advertisement

Zascar wrote: »
    Wonda that's a great quote. I did not even know they covered your helmet and leathers. Very handy to be able to ride other bikes and european breakdown will save you €100+ on a seperate policy if you do a trip.

The one thing I'd say lads is try to get FULL No Clams Bonus Protection - it doesn't cost that much extra. I put it on mine just a few months before my bike was nicked. My policy is up next month and hopefully I should not have any surprises. I had 5 years ncb and I was paying about €450 with Liberty.

AFAIK not all insurance companies cover NCB protection and with Carol Nash it has to be at least 4 yrs. I will ask about the NCB protection when I ring to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,233 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

If anyone uses reddit, subscribe to /r/motorcycles/, always a few interesting videos on it.
    Here's one, s1000rr Vs Veron

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

This guy gets a little bit of air

http://i.imgur.com//Aqokw5x.gif

I love that track :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Cienciano wrote: »
    If anyone uses reddit, subscribe to /r/motorcycles/, always a few interesting videos on it.

I love Reddit - fantastic site. Way better than Boards :pac:

Incredible that a standard bike can beat a Million Pound Hypercar

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

See, this is what I like about bikes. As nice as a Veyron SS would be, realistically I'll probably never even see one, never mind own one.

Yet for ~€18,000 you can buy a brand new bike that will pull away from it. And save yourself a million quid in the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,925 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Careful with them Adelaide quotes lads ... some lads took policies where they were not covered for commuting? But were covered for all other riding bar transporting good.

GBX wrote: »
    Careful with them Adelaide quotes lads ... some lads took policies where they were not covered for commuting? But were covered for all other riding bar transporting good.

I was specifically asked on the phone yesterday, SD&P aswell as commuting. I said SD&P only.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,170 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I was specifically asked on the phone yesterday, SD&P aswell as commuting. I said SD&P only.

I don't use mine for commuting.
    Out of interest about how much extra is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Looks more like a tricked out micra, in fact if I was the veron driver I'd put it up as a micra rather than suffering the walk of shame that his million quid thousand hp car had to endure.

blade1 wrote: »
    I don't use mine for commuting.
    Out of interest about how much extra is it?

Dropped about €70 AFAIK without it.

• Advertisement

I'm just back from a lovely spin over the Gap. My weekends are chocker block at the moment, so now the evenings are a lot brighter and warmer it's a great time to get out. Fek all traffic too. Met a few mates at 7 in Blessonton, did the gap and then stopped for a burger in Roundwood.

Any interest in a semi regular mid week evening spin?

Zascar wrote: »
    I'm just back from a lovely spin over the Gap. My weekends are chocker block at the moment, so now the evenings are a lot brighter and warmer it's a great time to get out. Fek all traffic too. Met a few mates at 7 in Blessonton, did the gap and then stopped for a burger in Roundwood.

Any interest in a semi regular mid week evening spin?

Could do TBH Zascar, let me know when the next one is. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Big thank you to Wonda-boy who spent near 3 hours bringing me around the Navan test routes today.

Big thank you to Wonda-boy who spent near 3 hours bringing me around the Navan test routes today.

That's where I passed my test. Good luck!
    I didn't come to a complete stop at this junction, was turning left and not a car on the road. Automatic red mark and fail :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

That's where I passed my test. Good luck!
    I didn't come to a complete stop at this junction, was turning left and not a car on the road. Automatic red mark and fail :(

I took so much in today that I dont recall that junction:o I recorded the routes so with some video replays and a few more days actually practicing the route ill give meself a better chance.

Back in the old days the test was around a block, that was the test route. After I failed I did the route over and over again, could do it in my sleep. So when I got the retest about 2 weeks later I thought I was sorted.
    Then the tester gives me a headset and tells me it's a new trial they're doing with headsets, and I went off on a completely different route on roads I've never been on.

More then welcome Joe, dont mind helping lads whenever I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

You know wonda's test is next week? :D

You know wonda's test is next week? :D

LOL, jaysus I did my test 3 yrs ago and I swear it feels like 10 yrs ago. Navan route can be tricky if you get the test at school opening or closing times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭neamhspleachi

More then welcome Joe, dont mind helping lads whenever I can.
    ^ this is what I love about being a biker

Fair play Wonda-Boy, the true spirit of biker camraderie

Advertisement