Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Well after my last Go Pro 3 Black Edition fell of the bike whilst doing a Marc Marquez impression nd turned very quickly into a lego set ,I took delivery of this bad boy yesterday. Smaller (housing is, but camera same size) lighter with a 40% better battery life

Feck ye, now I want one!
    How does it work?
    In particular :
    • What sort of storage is there?
    • Can it take a sim card?(upload over 3g/4g)
    • Is it wireless? (send over wireless to pc)
    • Can it be kept switched on and recording until it starts to overwrite the sd card?
    Upload somethin already!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Jeasus that's cheap. Is it a piece of sh1t though?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Not sure man tbh but beimg from aldi if your not hapoy with it they will give you a refund no questions asked so no risk!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Zascar wrote: »
    Jeasus that's cheap. Is it a piece of sh1t though?

Is what a piece of sh1t Zas?

If you on about is mine fake from Wingy Wongy land then no its PERFECT!

Ahhh seen the link from aakev NM.

Feck ye, now I want one!
    How does it work?
    In particular :
    • What sort of storage is there?
    • Can it take a sim card?(upload over 3g/4g)
    • Is it wireless? (send over wireless to pc)
    • Can it be kept switched on and recording until it starts to overwrite the sd card?
    Upload somethin already!

Takes 64GB class 10 microsd cards.
    No to the sim card.
    It is wireless (not all of them are)
    It can be kept on and record in a loop yes. There are set time parameters 5,10,15 mins etc and you can also record and take pics at the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,135 ✭✭✭prunudo

Can anybody remember when the Aldi or lidl air compressors come out. Wouldn't mind picking up a cheap one. Just want it for tyres and cleaning, won't be using it for air gun or anything heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

jvan wrote: »
    Can anybody remember when the Aldi or lidl air compressors come out. Wouldn't mind picking up a cheap one. Just want it for tyres and cleaning, won't be using it for air gun or anything heavy.

I was going to get the compressor for 160 euro a while back but they had a recall on it the day before it went on sale. I held out until about 2 weeks ago when they released the smaller air compressor for 70 euro. Delighted with it so far. Comes with tyre pressure gauge and other fittings for balls, air mattresses etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,176 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I was going to get the compressor for 160 euro a while back but they had a recall on it the day before it went on sale. I held out until about 2 weeks ago when they released the smaller air compressor for 70 euro. Delighted with it so far. Comes with tyre pressure gauge and other fittings for balls, air mattresses etc etc.

How many litres is that one?

blade1 wrote: »
    How many litres is that one?
    No tank. It runs off the mains. This is the only link i can find of it. http://www.ebay.de/itm/Workzone-Kompressor-WZK-182-inklusive-Zubehor-/111351972912?pt=DE_Haus_Garten_Heimwerker_Kompressoren&hash=item19ed184430

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frv7TwQgY7I

Classic, needs to change the CBT instructor me thinks.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭szatan84

aaakev wrote: »
    They say camera got helmet mount but looks like a bicycle helmet not a motorbike. Can anyone judge from pictures will the go pro mounts work?

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Below has a few test video's...image stabilisation looks terrible, not good in low light conditions, considering this is Ireland you need lowlight performance.
    I personally would stay clear.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=MAGINON++500

Sold my bike today. Very sad to see her go but im getting married next February and it made sense to cash it in while the prices are up! Hopefully get something again after the wedding.

Jasis its not nice watching it drive away knowing it wont be replaced anytime soon.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Sold my bike today. Very sad to see her go but im getting married next February and it made sense to cash it in while the prices are up! Hopefully get something again after the wedding.

Jasis its not nice watching it drive away knowing it wont be replaced anytime soon.....

That depresses me :(

Big gap without a bike:(

Could you not buy an old banger just till next feb?

Has anybody else noticed?

Ever since I got the helmet camera I have noticed when cars around you notice the camera they all slow down and generally drive better. It must be a bit of a '' i dont want to be caught on camera acting the bollix''

A few weeks ago I was beckoned to stop at a Garda check point. As soon as I pulled in the Guard noticed the camera and said '' oh sorry must be a bit of confusion, we were not calling you in '' There was no other traffic around and im 100% he called me in.

Ive been asked at least 50 times now as to why I have a helmet camera. I would have thought it was blatantly obvious why you would have a helmet camera.

So anybody else that regularly uses a helmet camera, Do you notice other drivers behavior change when they notice the camera?

Big gap without a bike:(

Could you not buy an old banger just till next feb?

Na I dont think ill bother until im in a position to get something nice again. Will give me more time for hunting, the guns haven't seen the outside of the safe in a while!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,176 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Has anybody else noticed?

the Guard noticed the camera and said '' oh sorry must be a bit of confusion, we were not calling you in '' There was no other traffic around and im 100% he called me in.

Haha,I'm definitely getting one now..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,135 ✭✭✭prunudo

That's a shame, hope to see you out again in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,233 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Some handy tips here:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Has anybody else noticed? Do you notice other drivers behavior change when they notice the camera?

I wheelie more, then I come on here and biker to see if I've been uploaded :o

I wheelie more, then I come on here and biker to see if I've been uploaded :o

I normally delete footage if nothing eventful happens but that would be a keeper. Ive passed you in the Phoenix park and north circular road might catch that wheelie some time:D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Cienciano wrote: »
    Some handy tips here:

Great video - there are a few others too. Would a 'riding tips etc thread be a good idea?

Yeah, riding tips could be good. But if it's going to be stickied I think all the crap should be cut from the thread, no chat or comments.

That video I posted has lots of it cut out. Supposidly lots of homoerotic stuff like this
    Z8d4BRg.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Cienciano wrote: »
    Yeah, riding tips could be good. But if it's going to be stickied I think all the crap should be cut from the thread, no chat or comments.

That video I posted has lots of it cut out. Supposidly lots of homoerotic stuff like this
    Z8d4BRg.gif

Oh God yeah...I remember that. Sad! :pac: :cool:

P.K.M. wrote: »
    Oh God yeah...I remember that. Sad! :pac: :cool:
    It was that bad someone went to the trouble of cutting out all those bits! Even the name "twist of the wrist" sounds dodgy.
    I've watched about half the video, some good stuff, I've learned a bit already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I normally delete footage if nothing eventful happens but that would be a keeper. Ive passed you in the Phoenix park and north circular road might catch that wheelie some time:D

What are you riding?.. And give me a wave sometime please.

What are you riding?.. And give me a wave sometime please.

A yellow cb400, I was in the car both times I passed you. Only knew it was you cause your bike stands out.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭the cats pajamas

highlight of my weekend

• Advertisement

Insurance is up next week so doing the whole ringing around ballsology.....currently with Adelaide so will try to stay with them.

Gonna ring Liberty, Carol Nash and AON see whats what. Not gonna bother with MCE they gave me a mental quote last year in the thousands!!!

Currently paying just over €400 fully comp.

Advertisement