Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Halfords are doing windproof and waterproof jackets and trousers for cheap at the moment.....would be ideal over a set of leathers for that extra bit of protection. Tried one on yesterday and they are fitted so hug the leathers nice and tight. Did not try on the bottoms but they are the same quality as the top well worth the outlay.

http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_11101_catalogId_15551_productId_805325_langId_-1_categoryId_241555

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

Only an "ole yoke" now, they were only a few years old back then and considered a decent bike.

The bigger 650 and 750 engines and frames are popular enough with cafe racer and bobber builders!.

The bikes in the photo are a 400cc.
    That would be the auld Yammy XS400 if I'm not mistaken Mak ;)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Q: How to do you get a fat chick into bed?

A: Piece of cake

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Zascar wrote: »

What ever your into boss...... ;) haha
    http://www.flixya.com/files-photo/k/c/o/kcompany20-2283619.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Ok here's an oldie, can anyone guess the bike..

302492.jpg

Thats me with the Learner plate on the rear fender back in 1986.

Is it a Yamaha RD? It looks like a Yammy for sure though?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Or a loving embrace.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

Fook that, gimme a home-grown rally over this weekend warrior/Harleyfest any day :eek: :D :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Blondie919 wrote: »
    Is it a Yamaha RD? It looks like a Yammy for sure though?

Monsta got it right. They were the Yamaha XS400, although from some angles they could pass for a Yamaha RD400 too.

This is also were I got my love of the open face helmet, I still wear them and can't get used to having a full face lid.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Monsta got it right. They were the Yamaha XS400, although from some angles they could pass for a Yamaha RD400 too.

This is also were I got my love of the open face helmet, I still wear them and can't get used to having a full face lid.

CLass. . . I hope you didnt get a love of them white cuffs also LOL:D

• Advertisement

leppla wrote: »
    CLass. . . I hope you didnt get a love of them white cuffs also LOL:D

The old gauntlets, nope I hated those things. Not worth a ****.

The XS400/500's were replaced with Kawasaki GT550's which were brilliant bikes for our glorified courier work. Unfortunately these were replaced by Suzuki Bandit 600's which were terrible, terrible bikes ~ someone made a really poor choice there.

The old gauntlets, nope I hated those things. Not worth a ****.

The XS400/500's were replaced with Kawasaki GT550's which were brilliant bikes for our glorified courier work. Unfortunately these were replaced by Suzuki Bandit 600's which were terrible, terrible bikes ~ someone made a really poor choice there.

What year on bandits?? Would you not rate the bandits at all?? I never had one but I know ppl who do. They seem to do what they say on the tin!

What year on bandits?? Would you not rate the bandits at all?? I never had one but I know ppl who do. They seem to do what they say on the tin!

2004 I think.

I really don't like them at all.

I know they're a popular bike with newbies, personally I'd rather the GT550 or even a CB500 for courier work.

2004 I think.

I really don't like them at all.

I know they're a popular bike with newbies, personally I'd rather the GT550 or even a CB500 for courier work.

Fair enough, not a big fan of the bandit myself but it does seem to be a capable bike that has stood the test of time.

Very easy to work on too, thats why alot of people like them also. I think they are a fine bike, but for a 600 I would prefer the Hornet or the FZ6.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Very easy to work on too, thats why alot of people like them also. I think they are a fine bike, but for a 600 I would prefer the Hornet or the FZ6.

Had a spin on Micks FZ6 today and she felt great to ride. I was worried about doing the test on a different bike but an hour on the FZ6 before my test and ill be accustomed fairly quick.

Wonda me auld mucker. Im going to apply to do the test in Navan so ill be calling on your road knowledge in time if thats ok.

Fair enough, not a big fan of the bandit myself but it does seem to be a capable bike that has stood the test of time.

And the easy availability of custom parts make it attractive too.

Now the Bandit 1200 ~ there's an animal in sheeps clothing!!.. I'd love to rat-bike the 12 :cool:

Had a spin on Micks FZ6 today and she felt great to ride. I was worried about doing the test on a different bike but an hour on the FZ6 before my test and ill be accustomed fairly quick.

Wonda me auld mucker. Im going to apply to do the test in Navan so ill be calling on your road knowledge in time if thats ok.

No bother Joe, I know 2 of the three test routes well...I will show you what I did in my test and where. Glad to help out mate, and the FZ6 is a cracker of a bike to do the test on.

And BTW I am cheaper then that Mick fella...LMAO

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

dUQGbjr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Met a lad on Saturday on his Ducati Diavel while getting petrol. Looks huge but was suprisingly low to sit on. Tank looks massive on it but it's designed to look like that.

And BTW the bar WAS tasty, thanks Fran :pac:

• Advertisement

Watching this with a mate last night - so dam itchy to do a big european trip. Would love to make a little movie like this!

Watching this with a mate last night - so dam itchy to do a big european trip. Would love to make a little movie like this!

I will do one for ya when I hit Germany this summer :P

Best post production I have seen in a go pro vid. The amount of effort gone into making that is mental. But so worth it when you see the end result.....I wonder what software they used.

Deffo. Can't wait to see it. Did u sort your solution for storing the files??

Yeah very good production but not sure how much went into it. I like the many different of angles they used. I bought one of those mounts that you put on the top of your helmet looking back at you, €7 on ebay. Mate bought one that extends out wide to get side views and from the back etc. Might start experimenting soon. I only have a gopro 1 though they are poxy compared to the new ones

The bit that looks the best is prolly the most boring to do....ride ahead, stop and let all your mates go by. Then pack up and follow them lmao....they look really good but would do your head in.
    BTW, if you selling your chesty I will take it off ya save me buying one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Now you tell me..... After I paid for a weekend away in the opposite direction on the same weekend ..... sigh.

Always next year I guess. ..

Added some farkles to my Road King to make life bearable for a pillion. Also got an adjustable back rest for me. My back is loving it already !!

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭the cats pajamas

that "why we ride" documentary came out it was great. also dying to see this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOMQY6k16TU

• Registered Users Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭goodlad

I came across this video from a while back.
    Mick was a bit distracted with his phone and started smoking his Ice Cream! hahahaha

goodlad wrote: »

I came across this video from a while back.
    Mick was a bit distracted with his phone and started smoking his Ice Cream! hahahaha

Good find good lad

• Advertisement

LMFAO remember that day well....later on that day he started licking his cigarettes!!!!

Advertisement