Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭The QuietMan

H_Lime wrote: »
    Dl650 very saleable yoke. What would yours sell at realistically and likewise the gpz?

GPZ is €2k and I’d be getting €2k cash with it.

DL of the same spec/mileage with extras just like mine in pitlane Waterford in link for just shy of €5k, dealer would drop to €4500 with warranty apparently.

http://www.pitlane-motorcycles.com/220/view_vehicle/52/used-motorcycles/310/v-strom-dl650-abs.html

• Registered Users Posts: 33,790 ✭✭✭✭listermint

no for me, would you drive the swap as often? and how easy would you shift it.

listermint wrote: »
    no for me, would you drive the swap as often? and how easy would you shift it.

I’d be shocked if you said otherwise :pac:

I actually like the older stuff. I’d drive it a lot more I reckon, I’ve only used the DL for shopping since I got the busa & blade, and that’s only a small shop. As for shifting it on, I honestly couldn’t say.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,247 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Pity the 1000RX doesn't have the looks of the GPz900R, but mechanically almost identical. The 1000RX had a short production run but the 900R was going in limited numbers until 2003 in Japan!

1990s 900Rs ditched the 16" front and anti-dive for a modern front end which worked way better.

Kept the 18" rear though and as long as 15 years ago, decent tyres were hard to get

Looks like the 1000RX has the 16"/18" setup. Anti-dive can be a bugger to get working properly, some owners just blanked it off.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Finally sold my Super Four, first bike I ever owned. Sold it for the same amount I paid for her five years ago. Glad she's moved on but undeniably sad to see her go. I loved that bike.

Just hope the new owner keeps her shiny side up and keeps himself safe, he seems a total loon on bikes and I'd prefer not to have sold someone the bike that kills them.

• Advertisement

Great bike and way better than what I was forced to start out on.

Same as this only blue....

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Great bike and way better than what I was forced to start out on.

Really great bike. I drove her to the buyers house yesterday as he was on his own 250, and shocked at how much pep she has for a 400. I'd kinda hoped one of the learner lads on here would pick her up as I'd love for her to have gone to a new learner again as she was so good to me.

Prepping for a Moto-Camping tour of the west coast next week with the missus on the Blackbird, so we're doing final prep today and over the weekend. Should be a fun trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Got this nice set yesterday as a gift for bringing my friend to buy his new bike :D Super handy for when I start out on my own bike, LIDL have some great deals on tools, I’ve got a few nice sets there recently.

Halfords are good for tools too. The Aldi / Lidl sets are good, but often have some sizes you never use on a bike and miss one or two that you do need.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

I'm changing the indicators, currently, the connectors are spades, the indicators and resistors both have bullets, should I switch both to spades or bullets or does it even make a difference.

• Advertisement

I changed the front ones on my bike, they were butchered with screw on connectors, not great but where they were is totally protected from rain and road spray so I decided fcuk it and just tap into the crap...

hairyslug wrote: »
    I'm changing the indicators, currently, the connectors are spades, the indicators and resistors both have bullets, should I switch both to spades or bullets or does it even make a difference.

Doesn’t make a difference once they are connected. Only if you like a uniform look :D

Halfords are good for tools too. The Aldi / Lidl sets are good, but often have some sizes you never use on a bike and miss one or two that you do need.

Must have a look in Halfords so, Cheers.

Pity the 1000RX doesn't have the looks of the GPz900R, but mechanically almost identical. The 1000RX had a short production run but the 900R was going in limited numbers until 2003 in Japan!

1990s 900Rs ditched the 16" front and anti-dive for a modern front end which worked way better.

Kept the 18" rear though and as long as 15 years ago, decent tyres were hard to get

Looks like the 1000RX has the 16"/18" setup. Anti-dive can be a bugger to get working properly, some owners just blanked it off.

Yeah I’ve doing research on the 900 & 1000, Thanks to Top Gun the 900 is an icon.

I’m on a dilemma now as to what to do, I have a few options open to me.

Keep the V-Strom
    Buy the 1000
    Buy the CBR1000F for which I already have a deposit down.
    Buy both and sell the Strom
    Keep the lot and buy the Kawasaki & CBR

I’m not loaded and it would take me time to do it. Something had changed alright today to sway my opinion but I won’t say it for now as my wife once posted on boards as me and it came back I to cause me bother.

Anyway, what would you guys do? I’m after something 30+ years. Let’s just say I have a reputation for jumping the gun so I don’t want to make a financially dangerous decision this time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

I said this on the done deal thread before. If you weren't in the market for that bike before I wouldn't let someone throw you off your original plan with a swap sale. I would consider a swap a time waster unless they were swapping with what I was planning to buy in the first place. Imo you should forget about it, wait for a serious buyer with the cash it won't be long, DL 650 is an easy sell.

zubair wrote: »
    I said this on the done deal thread before. If you weren't in the market for that bike before I wouldn't let someone throw you off your original plan with a swap sale. I would consider a swap a time waster unless they were swapping with what I was planning to buy in the first place. Imo you should forget about it, wait for a serious buyer with the cash it won't be long, DL 650 is an easy sell.
    I had no plans on either bike, I did have plans for a classic/vintage bike alright. The swap sale is from a dealer, bought one bike off him already and zero issues with it. The DL650 is on adverts alright and I’ve had one call on it, they were wanting me to take the boxes off and lower my price, I’m not pushed to sell it and won’t be upset if I keep it, I just don’t use it as much as I once did since I bought the blade and busa, which see regular use,the blade was impatience from me wanting a sports bike, the busa a 20 year aspiration.

Just gone through a set of rear pads on my blade in 8 months/600 miles. EBC/SBS/Brembo?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Just gone through a set of rear pads on my blade in 8 months/600 miles. EBC/SBS/Brembo?

I'd say a caliper rebuild might be in order. A handy job for ya.
    For the rear anything non sintered does me.

Seen this beauty of a trike today, apparently he built it himself and he’s known to have built a Harley too. Don’t know the guy but a friend of mine said it to me earlier. Some shine off it, looks class up close. In Waterford.

Cool

• Advertisement

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,214 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Cool

Reminds me of Squidward for some reason :pac:

20200818-153443-COLLAGE.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Fella in Ballyfermot drives something similar, its running a Beetle engine.

No risks being taken by me tonight here in Cork, into the shed they go.

1-B82-A0-B3-C937-4741-AF96-DDCD583151-CD.jpg

No risks being taken by me tonight here in Cork, into the shed they go.

1-B82-A0-B3-C937-4741-AF96-DDCD583151-CD.jpg

I’m excited to buy my first bike, here’s you with a collection haha

I'd love to feel the excitement of getting my first bike again.
    I'm jealous!

blade1 wrote: »
    I'd love to feel the excitement of getting my first bike again.
    I'm jealous!

The constant checking Done Deal to see what’s there or if the one you want is still there makes it exciting and nail biting haha Ya it’s been a huge learning curve the last few months and the reward is coming :)

The constant checking Done Deal to see what’s there or if the one you want is still there makes it exciting and nail biting haha Ya it’s been a huge learning curve the last few months and the reward is coming :)

Well best of luck with it and enjoy!
    It's a great feeling.
    The first is special and even after buying over 30 bikes I still get a buzz when I see something I have to have.

It’s 17 years since I bought my first bike, a Honda X8R 50CC moped, in the days before DoneDeal and adverts, it was walking into shops, checking the echo or the free ads, known as the pink pages here. It was a great feeling. But nothing ever beats getting that first bike. I’d love to do it all over again. What have you in mind?

One of that collection is leaving in the next week to be replaced by a vintage 80’s bike. It’s an expensive collection but I wouldn’t change it, having those 4 bikes is far less hassle than listening to my wife and the 8 kids. I know when I get on that saddle I’m free of it all if only for a short time :pac:

• Advertisement

blade1 wrote: »
    Well best of luck with it and enjoy!
    It's a great feeling.
    The first is special and even after buying over 30 bikes I still get a buzz when I see something I have to have.

RSV4 ;)

Advertisement