Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Was there someone here looking to sell a cb4? I think the posters name was jimmy maybe, I want to try get back on the road again.

Jimmy Bottlehead was selling one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭The QuietMan

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Okay, so I wanted to put up one last post with regards to Motea, who I decided to re-order from after a little chat with The Quiet Man.

The batwing fairing ordered about a week or two after being ordered via eBay, the quality of it was okay for the price, although a bit flimsy and would probably be destroyed after a fall. Screen was included. For some reason they sent two envelops of screws and bits to attach the screen to the fairing, alongside the screen to fairing instructions, also twice.

They however didn't include any instructions for attaching the fairing to the bike itself. I sent them a real quick email and message on Facebook, who said they weren't able to provide any form of instructions for this for some reason.

When I got around to trying to attach the fairing, I wasn't at all surprised to find out that the fairing in no way at all actually lines up with the mounting brackets on the bike, despite their numerous emails that it 100% would.

So I got on to them again and sent videos of myself and other lads trying to get it to line up and it's literally not going to happen. The screws on it aren't even pointing in the right direction, they won't replace it. Just straight up asked me to return it to them and they'll refund it.

To hell with them.

Sorry to hear you've had these problems with them, i genuinely had no issue with them, it was for a radiator for my blade, i haven't ordered from them since as i've had no need too, bad on what you are saying i would be a bit apprehensive going forward.

Forgive me ignorance but i actually had to google what a batwing for a cruiser was.

PS,

Are you doing the Midleton Bike Project run on August 9th? Some of the group you we were with last week are going i think. I'm not available that day otherwise i'd have gone.

Location?. Metal or plastic?

He's in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Location?. Metal or plastic?

Sorry, been off and about the last few days.

I'm based in Cork, would be looking for metal fabrication.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Sorry to hear you've had these problems with them, i genuinely had no issue with them, it was for a radiator for my blade, i haven't ordered from them since as i've had no need too, bad on what you are saying i would be a bit apprehensive going forward.

Forgive me ignorance but i actually had to google what a batwing for a cruiser was.

PS,

Are you doing the Midleton Bike Project run on August 9th? Some of the group you we were with last week are going i think. I'm not available that day otherwise i'd have gone.

Ah look, I think I just wasn't having luck with them, the fairing would be quite custom so I can only assume that was part of the problem.

Yeah I ride with those guys myself, so I'll be heading out for the Midleton Project Ride. Apparently looking at a massive turnout.

• Advertisement

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Ah look, I think I just wasn't having luck with them, the fairing would be quite custom so I can only assume that was part of the problem.

Yeah I ride with those guys myself, so I'll be heading out for the Midleton Project Ride. Apparently looking at a massive turnout.

Custom is always tricky.

I know 2 lads involved in the project in some way,shape or form, I think one of them said the turnout will be big. Pity I can’t go though. If you’re out with the same gang as the Blarney spin I’ll say hello. I’ll probably take my busa next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

I was doing a coolant change about 3 weeks ago on my hyosung. A million and one other jobs came up elsewhere so I left the hyosung drained without coolant. It has sat there since . I was wondering if I may have caused issues regarding rust?
    Is it a big no no to leave the coolant system drained for a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭horse7

I think you can flush it out if you're worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Was there someone here looking to sell a cb4? I think the posters name was jimmy maybe, I want to try get back on the road again.

Yep that'd be me.

Double post, but feck it.

Took herself out for her first spin on a bike yesterday evening. She had a blast, absolutely buzzing after it and the Blackbird handled two up without missing a beat. Its definitely pushed me to be smoother with gear changes, braking and acceleration though as its not just me it effects any more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,258 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

horse7 wrote: »
    I think you can flush it out if you're worried.

If you get a burning sensation, see a doctor :)

What's the Midleton project? Must get down there for a distillery tour some day...

Maybe a bit of a language barrier with the Motea guys. If they made a mistake saying they have a fitment for your bike but they don't, then all they can do is refund you. It's a PITA but that's part of the joy of buying online.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Some difference between buying on line and from a bricks n mortor
    Bikeworld Dainese Carve Master 2 goretex €530

Sportsbikeshop €440

I'm going to assume sportsbikeshop sell legit jackets, so its just a matter of getting the sizing right.

90 blips in the diff, I probably wouldn't mind a score or something, but that seems excessive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭goblin59

Sportsbikeshop €440

I'm going to assume sportsbikeshop sell legit jackets, so its just a matter of getting the sizing right.

90 blips in the diff, I probably wouldn't mind a score or something, but that seems excessive

most likely they don't have the extortionate rates Dublin does.
    The VAT difference between uk and ireland as well makes a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Sportsbikeshop €440

I actually bought that exact jacket (and pants) in Bikeworld about 18 months ago. The price difference at the time was negligible, maybe a tenner more in Bikeworld, so I bought it there.

I paid about €920 at the time, so it looks like Sportsbikeshop have reduced theirs, and BW are still at the original price.

@BaronVon, how are finding them after 18 months? I have a similar Dainese jacket that kept everything out for at least 6 years when I was using it daily to courier.
    Its fantastic but worn out now so was going to replace it with this.
    Are the pants any good?

Yeah, great piece of kit. I'm a casual biker, so I haven't properly tested out the waterproof-ness, but plenty of air vents in the jacket and pants. All the usual mod cons - detachable lining and collar. Pants I find very good, good shape to them, with the right amount of padding. Spine protector doesn't come with the jacket, so that's an extra cost. Good all rounder, although you'd expect it to be for that money!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,790 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Yet to find a jacket that doesn't let water in the stomach region after considerable rain around 45 mins driving.

Always breaches the stomach area leaving a wet stomach t-shirt or top of your jocks wet.

listermint wrote: »
    Yet to find a jacket that doesn't let water in the stomach region after considerable rain around 45 mins driving.

Always breaches the stomach area leaving a wet stomach t-shirt or top of your jocks wet.

Twisting the throttle on my Blackbird makes my jocks wet.

Twisting the throttle on my Blackbird makes my jocks wet.

Jimmy is an unusual name for a girl :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Sportsbikeshop €440

I saved over 250 compared to bike world when I bought jacket and trousers on SBS. the lads tell me they've started to price match but I've never heard of them doing that before.

• Advertisement

Cheers Z, as I said, I don't mind paying a bit more, I just hate the idea of being fleeced. It seems standard the exorbitant charges though, I had a look at the Oxford Mondial jacket in megabikes for 300 and the same one is 220 in SBS. If the difference was just a score,I'd imagine the BnM shops would shift a lot more stock and have punters buy peripherals while they're there, I'm no business man but that would be the model I'd be basing my business on. Then again, if punters are happy to pay the huge mark ups, why change.
    May pop in later and see if there's any truth to price matching, somehow I doubt it.

I think SBS is exceptionally cheap, even compared to other online shops. The only thing I've bought online from a site other than SBS was a Kreiga bag, it wasn't in stock in SBS, and was about €60 dearer in Megabikes.

Like you say, if the price is only €20/€30 I'll shop local, but I'd imagine it is hard for the local shops to match SBS.

I've bought local so far, but the price difference for boots, jacket and trousers was too much to justify spending in one of the local shops this week. I'm a student and cash isn't plentiful, so I'm careful with what I buy. SBS and FC-Moto came in more than €100 cheaper, so I went with them.

Definitely feel guilty though, cos the brick and mortar shops are great to have and it'd be awful to see them disappear, but the phones were hopping all day I was in, so I doubt that'll happen any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

One thing I'll say about SBS is their customer service is the best I have ever experienced. Over the past 15 years I've had to return things like clothes, computers parts and other general bits and bobs so I've dealt with many customer services.

No issues with buying clothes on SBS even if the size is wrong as long as you keep the tags on it'll be no problem getting it swapped.

Deposit put down on my new bike. It’s 30 years old.

8-E43-C540-047-C-4929-939-D-0-D88-A944-D6-C5.png

• Registered Users Posts: 12,216 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Deposit put down on my new bike. It’s 30 years old.

8-E43-C540-047-C-4929-939-D-0-D88-A944-D6-C5.png

Cbr1000f yeah?

blade1 wrote: »
    Cbr1000f yeah?

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,216 ✭✭✭✭blade1

:eek:

Personally I would have went for the facelift model, a bit sharper looking.
    But you won't go far wrong.
    Before u get the bike.
    Put it the main stand and lift the rear wheel up.
    See if there is any play where the shock is bolted to the subframe.
    They wear there.

blade1 wrote: »
    Personally I would have went for the facelift model, a bit sharper looking.
    But you won't go far wrong.
    Before u get the bike.
    Put it the main stand and lift the rear wheel up.
    See if there is any play where the shock is bolted to the subframe.
    They wear there.

Just mailed you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Buddy of mine just picked up a 2020 Indian Challenger. Unreal machine in the flesh and serious deals at the dealerships now over here in Vancouver.

For the spec of the base model Indian, it is like a kitted out HD...I might go have a look this week, be rude not to.

This is what he got.

2020-indian-challenger-2.jpg

Advertisement