Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Budget bike battle
    Might be of interest to some of ye!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

blade1 wrote: »
    Budget bike battle
    Might be of interest to some of ye!

Kwacker all day long...dont even need to watch it...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭sonic85

That's a great watch. I watched all of them when they brought them out because I love the ZX7! Great looking bike

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭horse7

Nice to see so many out there on their bikes,take it handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Anyone got any tips on unclipping cbr fairings, I'm terrified of doing damage to them and can't get a good look at them.

Also, do R & G mushrooms go back on at certain torque.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

hairyslug wrote: »
    Anyone got any tips on unclipping cbr fairings, I'm terrified of doing damage to them and can't get a good look at them.

Also, do R & G mushrooms go back on at certain torque.

Are the fairing fasteners circular plastic with a small inner circle? The inner circle is a securing pin. Push the inner pin inwards approx 5-8mm. Then remove the whole fastener outwards.
    Find a photo online it will be obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

horse7 wrote: »
    Nice to see so many out there on their bikes,take it handy.

What a bloody perfect day it was! Goldilocks temperature range - just right on the bike, just right in all the gear off the bike.
    Kerry mountains bathed in sunlight, little traffic on the twisties and some excellent road surfaces. Worth getting-up early.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Just looking for opinions on this situation. I ordered a chain and sprocket kit from louis.de last November. I installed it a week ago. Straight away I noticed a difference in speed and an issue with going from 5th to 6th gear. Turns out the kit was wrong for my bike. My rear sprocket requires a 39T but they supplied a 43T. The chain is 114 link but mine should be a 112 link.

If you are registered with louis.de you can enter your bike details and they then supply a product data list for your bike. When I ordered the kit I assumed it would match my bike.

We are in contact through email at the moment so Ill see how it pans out.

Would you expect a refund/ replacement kit or even a voucher towards a new kit?

Its not an end of the world matter as the kit was on sale for about 90E at the time. Just looking for opinions

(its a dual clutch transition bike so correct gearing & timing is important)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,790 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Just a swap to the right one.

Simple

listermint wrote: »
    Just a swap to the right one.

Simple

Its been used so a swap wont do I would imagine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭LLewellen Farquarson

Its been used so a swap wont do I would imagine
    I've found louis.de to be great for everything, including swaps/after sales etc. They are huge with shops all over Germany. I would say they will do all right by you. If you suggest a resolution of sending the old (used) parts back and they replace, they might agree, as it closes the issue for them any they have a happy customer.

I've found louis.de to be great for everything, including swaps/after sales etc. They are huge with shops all over Germany. I would say they will do all right by you. If you suggest a resolution of sending the old (used) parts back and they replace, they might agree, as it closes the issue for them any they have a happy customer.

I have used them many times. Found them great. At the moment they want to know if I knew I was ordering the wrong kit. Its broken English so things are slow

• Registered Users Posts: 33,790 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I have used them many times. Found them great. At the moment they want to know if I knew I was ordering the wrong kit. Its broken English so things are slow

Google translate makes that quicker i always communicate in their language

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I have to agree, their customer service is pretty good. In fact its approaching US levels of service.
    I bought some camping chairs from them a few years back and the little plastic feet on the ends of the legs wore through quickly, I left a review on their website and they very quickly came back to me with a replacement set for all the chairs I had bought. No charge delivered from Germany by Courier.
    Just make it clear that what they recommended was wrong and their fitment info was incorrect and they will probably replace them.

Did any of the NC variants come with different gearing?

CJhaughey wrote: »
    I have to agree, their customer service is pretty good. In fact its approaching US levels of service.
    I bought some camping chairs from them a few years back and the little plastic feet on the ends of the legs wore through quickly, I left a review on their website and they very quickly came back to me with a replacement set for all the chairs I had bought. No charge delivered from Germany by Courier.
    Just make it clear that what they recommended was wrong and their fitment info was incorrect and they will probably replace them.

Did any of the NC variants come with different gearing?

Yeah the manual version. In future I'll just have to double check before I order.

So basically louis.de got back to me and said its my own fault that I ordered the wrong item. The D.I.D kit I need is 126.99E but they have offered me 25% discount if I want to purchase the Kit.

I think I might be better off buying the correct rear sprocket. Regarding the chain is it just a matter of taking 2 links out of it? 114 link to the 112 link I require?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭honda boi

So basically louis.de got back to me and said its my own fault that I ordered the wrong item. The D.I.D kit I need is 126.99E but they have offered me 25% discount if I want to purchase the Kit.

I think I might be better off buying the correct rear sprocket. Regarding the chain is it just a matter of taking 2 links out of it? 114 link to the 112 link I require?
    I had the same issue when ordering my car parts from another company
    Put the reg is ,ordered the parts ,parts arrived.
    Parts were from the petrol version of my car.
    There system has my reg as a petrol not a diesel.
    Got nowhere with them ,was basically told to go away.

honda boi wrote: »

Lesson learned I suppose. The database system is helpful but not fool proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

That thread is silly, wouldn't even entertain it.

For the record I seen loads of bikes out on my drive from Galway to Monaghan this past weekend and they all acted in order, even the ones on the Longford side of Athlone and they're usually mad huers in any vehicles.

Good bros.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

It's like biker.ie on that forum. XD

I posted in the dashcam thread this morning that Gardai were looking for footage from the templogue rd yesterday... deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,258 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

honda boi wrote: »

Chargeback.
    Goods not as described.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Probably easiest way to get around the problem, see if they will give you 25% off the sprocket and just shorten the chain. Is it a clip type link?
    Measure the chain on the bike with the new sprocket and grind the heads off the pins and punch them through. Front sprocket is correct yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭honda boi

Chargeback.
    Goods not as described.

Ye was over 2 years ago this happened .
    Never bothered chasing them for it,unfortunately I should have.
    Just haven't bought anything from them since.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Probably easiest way to get around the problem, see if they will give you 25% off the sprocket and just shorten the chain. Is it a clip type link?
    Measure the chain on the bike with the new sprocket and grind the heads off the pins and punch them through. Front sprocket is correct yes?

I have asked them for 50% off a new kit and if they agree I'll be happy enough with that. The chain is a Regina brand and I would have no problem shortening it but after a quick Google it doesn't seem like it can be connected the normal way ( using a tool to flare the pins). I'm not sure. If I did shorten the chain would I need a Regina master link or would any brand do once it's a 520

I have asked them for 50% off a new kit and if they agree I'll be happy enough with that. The chain is a Regina brand and I would have no problem shortening it but after a quick Google it doesn't seem like it can be connected the normal way ( using a tool to flare the pins). I'm not sure. If I did shorten the chain would I need a Regina master link or would any brand do once it's a 520
    You should stay with the same chain manufacturer as the internal pins can be different sizes, you can buy clip type links for the Regina for 5 euro from them, they say only to get you to a dealer to fit the expanding link but I have done many thousands of miles on and off road with clip links and never had a problem as long as the closed end faces the direction of travel.
    To be honest I would buy a DID O-ring kit at 25% off and you probably won't have to worry about it for a very long time.
    I don't much like Regina their chains aren't as durable as DID which I consider to be the best out there.

Hi,was looking at getting a gear Indicator for a Honda, something like this https://www.ebay.ie/itm/GEAR-INDICATOR-GPT-PLUG-PLAY-HONDA-CBR-600-1000-CBF-600-FURY-/302964501016,. I've looked for the diagnostic plug under the seat of my bike but cannot locate it, does anyone know where to find the diagnostic plug under the seat of a cbf600?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

horse7 wrote: »
    Hi,was looking at getting a gear Indicator for a Honda, something like this https://www.ebay.ie/itm/GEAR-INDICATOR-GPT-PLUG-PLAY-HONDA-CBR-600-1000-CBF-600-FURY-/302964501016,. I've looked for the diagnostic plug under the seat of my bike but cannot locate it, does anyone know where to find the diagnostic plug under the seat of a cbf600?

According you the link you posted its.

CBF600 2008 > 2012 under tank right side close to the controller

Thanks, should I be able to get at it without lifting the tank, is it red or black? Ps you mean near the ECU. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭GBX

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Question for people commuting, what type of helmets are people using? For the moment I am using my old Sparco racing helmet which is a nice lid but not particularly comfy our suited to daily bike riding.

I use a HJC RPHA11- at the end of the day, the best helmet that you can get is one that fits well and you can afford. No point in dropping a load of cash on a lid that is uncomfortable. Different brands/models with suit different folk better than others so try on a few and decide. Go to a shop and see how you get on with them all.

Advertisement