Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

zubair wrote: »
    Can't 2 grown men hate copper grease together without being accused of having a second account?!

Would The copper grease not help them to stop the squealing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭HappyAsLarE

Am I being accused of creating the MAK account?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I don't think you did anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

There's only one way to find out... How do you feel about copper grease?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

blade1 wrote: »
    I don't think you did anyway.
    There's only one way to find out... How do you feel about copper grease?

I'm in the same boat, not accusing you, in reference to what zubair says, how does this product float your boat? would you put it on pads?

14w3w9e.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,790 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Daddy mak will make ya jump , jump

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

I have this on order
    The BMW Motorcycle Story by Ian Falloon (Author) - second edition Hardcover – release date 10 May 2019

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1787113582/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm in the same boat, not accusing you, in reference to what zubair says, how does this product float your boat? would you put it on pads?

14w3w9e.jpg

Use copper grease, just don't put it on the front like mak did.

Use copper grease, just don't put it on the front like mak did.

Oh yeah I remember that!!! :pac::pac::pac:

giphy-1.gif

14w3w9e.jpg

I would never put grease near my brakes personally. I am able to clean/file/blast them to prevent any noise.

• Advertisement

I would never put grease near my brakes personally. I am able to clean/file/blast them to prevent any noise.
    It not just noise though.
    Brake pastes these days have rust inhibitors and are water and dust repellent.
    If you are out in all weather,you should want to keep things as good as possible from corrosion.

It not just noise though.
    Brake pastes these days have rust inhibitors and are water and dust repellent.
    If you are out in all weather,you should want to keep things as good as possible from corrosion.

There is no way a grease is dust repellent. Think about it.

There is no way a grease is dust repellent. Think about it.

I don't need to think about it.
    Where did I say grease is dust repellent?
    Don't be making up things.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

This is what happened when I put grease on the pads....:P

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HbILbW2fj0Q

Ahhhhhh..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Spent over 7 hours on the bike yesterday. Went to the AMI open day in Gorey and was lucky to get a test spin on the new Moto Guzzi, Yamaha Tracer 900 and the Africa Twin.

The Guzzi had the best seat and brakes of the lot, and a lovely sound when you reved it. Africa twin was the nicest sounding all round but **** me the standard seat is big, I was tippy toeing.

But the Tracer 900 blew my mind, that bike is amazing! absolutely loved it. From the get go I had a huge grin the entire time. I really really want one! It was so easy to ride as if I'd rode it for months.

Huge props to the AMI guys they had hotdogs, burgers and loads of stuff handed out for people. Oh and bought Knox Zero 3's... had to buy something like. Even had one fella say it's nice to see young bikers :o

fQkTCgo.jpg

I don't need to think about it.
    Where did I say grease is dust repellent?
    Don't be making up things.

Semantics, you call it paste, but it’s grease. Pastes are used to grind down and remove material, grease is the opposite.

But the Tracer 900 blew my mind, that bike is amazing! absolutely loved it. From the get go I had a huge grin the entire time.

tenor.gif?itemid=13867534

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

I'm going to install a chain oiler. I have a bottle of compressor oil knocking about. It's 100 sae 30 iso. Will this do the job or should I stick with the recommended grade oil?

I'm going to install a chain oiler. I have a bottle of compressor oil knocking about. It's 100 sae 30 iso. Will this do the job or should I stick with the recommended grade oil?

a scottoiler or something they are called? always interested in seeing who has one and how they work.

a scottoiler or something they are called? always interested in seeing who has one and how they work.

Yeah it's the cobrra Nemo 2 oiler. I'll post a review after a while.

• Advertisement

I've had a scottoiler pre-installed on my last 2 bikes, they are handy and keep the chain in good order but I wouldn't buy one. If you have a centre stand lubing the chain is a 2 second job.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭mamax

I've got one and they are brilliant when setup correctly, mine is set to 2 drops of oil per min in the winter and 1 per min in the summer, if you go overboard on it like a lot of lads do you will create a mess.
    Anyone that says they are messy don't have theirs setup right ;)

Ive a scottoiler about a year now on my DL.

Im a daily commuter, so i wouldnt be without it. Its great.

Tips

1- you have to get in a cadence of when to refill it. i.e you will figure out how many days it goes down in and then stick a reminder in your phone to pop up after X days.

2- Its great.

mamax wrote: »
    I've got one and they are brilliant when setup correctly, mine is set to 2 drops of oil per min in the winter and 1 per min in the summer, if you go overboard on it like a lot of lads do you will create a mess.
    Anyone that says they are messy don't have theirs setup right ;)

I have spray oil for mine, sounds like a simple hassle free system to have?

listermint wrote: »
    Ive a scottoiler about a year now on my DL.

Im a daily commuter, so i wouldnt be without it. Its great.

Tips

1- you have to get in a cadence of when to refill it. i.e you will figure out how many days it goes down in and then stick a reminder in your phone to pop up after X days.

2- Its great.

Would you recommend it for someone like myself? Only 1000 miles/1600 kms in 9 months. Are they easy to fit?

I'm ready to fill it up now. I'll just use some left over 10w-40 oil until I can pick up some gearbox oil. 80w-90 is recommended though.

Would you recommend it for someone like myself? Only 1000 miles/1600 kms in 9 months. Are they easy to fit?

May be pointless tbh. You have a routine whilst cleaning. So it may not be worth your while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭horse7

Hi guys, just got a Honda cbf600, I'm wondering about the exhaust system, it's a viper, does it usually have a silencer and or a catalytic converter? How can I tell?

horse7 wrote: »
    Hi guys, just got a Honda cbf600, I'm wondering about the exhaust system, it's a viper, does it usually have a silencer and or a catalytic converter? How can I tell?

Pics pls. If it's a full aftermarket system the cat may be gone but it's likely just a slip on.

• Advertisement

horse7 wrote: »

What year is your bike?
    Has your exhaust got an O2 sensor?(thing with wires going to the ecu)

Advertisement