Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Westwicklow1 had a pic up in the photos thread, had one for a spin from BW, looks lovely would just prefer a bit more power.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭IJS84

I like the look of the himalayan but Id want a bit more power, but thats just me. An issue that may effect some is the abs apparently cant be turned off for off roading

• Registered Users Posts: 12,276 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Cookstown Highlights being shown on ITV4 at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Fooking hell lads, is times that tough? it's 88 a year like.

https://twitter.com/GardaTraffic/status/1126411868954857475

Yikes..
    https://twitter.com/GardaTraffic/status/1126536695124496384

All stole from car forum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Cian_ok

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I like the look of the Royal Enfield Himalayan. Anybody here do any sorta of light off road stuff here in Ireland?

I got one 4 weeks ago. But so far I'm using it to commute into Dublin. Perfect for the potholes in Donnybrook. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Cian_ok wrote: »
    I got one 4 weeks ago. But so far I'm using it to commute into Dublin. Perfect for the potholes in Donnybrook. :-)

thats serious off-roading there !!!

Make sure you tell your family where you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭horse7

How does the side stand safety work, with the stand down should the bike cut out when I get into 1st,or what should happen? interested in the cbf600 Honda. I want to see if my one is working ok. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Bike should cut out in gear with the stand down

• Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Cian_ok wrote: »

What would be the top "comfortable" speed of it. Am tempted but a little wary of doing long distance days a 400 single.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭horse7

Bike should cut out in gear with the stand down

Thanks,so I'll leave the stand down,put it into 1st and let the clutch out slowly to see if it cuts out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

horse7 wrote: »
    Thanks,so I'll leave the stand down,put it into 1st and let the clutch out slowly to see if it cuts out.

my bike has this system, with the stand down the moment you select 1st gear it cuts out, you don't need to release the clutch for that to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,276 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I was disappointed when I saw a parachute! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,857 ✭✭✭✭listermint

horse7 wrote: »

Stand down.

Leave on first gear.

Try start the bike

If it doesn't start then the stand is preventing it doing so whilst in gear

Set to neutral. Try start again

If it starts this means the stand whilst in gear switch is operating normally

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Cian_ok

hairyslug wrote: »
    What would be the top "comfortable" speed of it. Am tempted but a little wary of doing long distance days a 400 single.

I got it in limerick and rode back to dublin. It is very comfortable at 110km/hr. It'll do 120/125 but is less comfortable - it starts to vibrate a bit.

It's a solid bike. It was windy about 3 weeks ago and I had no problems - my last bike was light and I got pushed aboutin the wind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I am only up the road in Stillorgan. If your around some evening or weekend I'd love to take a look at it.

Bikeworld have some on the floor, you can book a test ride.

I was VERY impressed and I'd have no problem pulling the trigger on one but for the rumor that RN are to bring out a 600cc Himalayan for European and American roads, if they do that the arse would drop out of the value of the 400.

That said, go look at one. They're an impressive piece of kit for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

First vid of thenew S1000RR on a dyno.

Stupid levels of RWHP!!!! :D

Lads is there any form of aftermarket speaker/mic set i can buy for my helmet? sick of having to stop the bike every time the phone rings. I've a HJC helmet if that's of any use.

You can pick up reletively cheap bluetooth headsets, Ive cardo Freecom 2 set, basic function and can connect to a radio aswell.
    Handy for my mrs we can talk to each other aswell...mind you theres negatives to this aswell lol.

fcmoto.de have them for about €80/€90 delivered, i got the double set for about €130. Lats set I had lasted about 4 years with solid daily use

IJS84 wrote: »
    You can pick up reletively cheap bluetooth headsets, Ive cardo Freecom 2 set, basic function and can connect to a radio aswell.
    Handy for my mrs we can talk to each other aswell...mind you theres negatives to this aswell lol.

fcmoto.de have them for about €80/€90 delivered, i got the double set for about €130. Lats set I had lasted about 4 years with solid daily use

Thanks for that, is it easy enough to fit to the helmet? i'm just flicking through what FC Moto have in that category now.

Is there a mute button option for the mrs :D

• Advertisement

I usually just tell her the battery is dead lol

Ya youd have them fitted in about 10mins, theres a tutorial on youtube for them (maybe even on fc moto), then can vary as to what type of lid you have. Theres a bit of playing around for the speaker pads in the ears where your happy with them....well it took me about a week of moving them slightly each time, but once you find the sweet spot you wouldnt know they were in.

I usually just tell her the battery is dead lol

Ya youd have them fitted in about 10mins, theres a tutorial on youtube for them (maybe even on fc moto), then can vary as to what type of lid you have. Theres a bit of playing around for the speaker pads in the ears where your happy with them....well it took me about a week of moving them slightly each time, but once you find the sweet spot you wouldnt know they were in.

Found it for €108, the video is helpful but I’d need to watch it a few times before i even attempt it.

Do a bit of research for yourself mainly and make sure its right for what you want it to do. But generally the Cardo stuff does what it says on the tin and trouble free. I really cant fault it. One thing to watch tho is to make sure the rubber seal that goes around the charger port on them are fully closed

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

My bike is being targeted by scumbags at the minute so I've booked in to get an alarm on Thursday until then it'll live in the house

Blanchy90 wrote: »
    My bike is being targeted by scumbags at the minute so I've booked in to get an alarm on Thursday until then it'll live in the house

Wouldn't be in the most adjoining of friendly neighbourhoods myself and considered it, what costs are involved do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Hope the bike is ok Blanchy. What brand are you getting? I had major battery drain on a datatool alarm and would not recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

Wouldn't be in the most adjoining of friendly neighbourhoods myself and considered it, what costs are involved do you know?

Bikeworld do one for €150 fitted

Wow, that is good value.

Swantons in Cork do very good installs on alarms too the last time I checked them out. I didnt splash out that time on one, we got different type of alarm instead, a german shepherd variety, quite effective even with kids knocking balls over the wall now, it stopped after about the 4th ball became a snack lol....

• Advertisement

Swantons in Cork do very good installs on alarms too the last time I checked them out. I didnt splash out that time on one, we got different type of alarm instead, a german shepherd variety, quite effective even with kids knocking balls over the wall now, it stopped after about the 4th ball became a snack lol....

They weren't daring enough to climb the wall :pac:

Do Swanton's supply them or just fit?

Advertisement