Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

The only 2 things I haven’t done to it are rear hugger, new screen.

I’ve put on

Heated grips
    Crash bars
    Fog lights
    Gear position indicator
    Battery volt meter
    Belly pan
    Upgraded bulbs
    V35 side cases
    B37 top box
    Lights for these as well
    Centre stand
    Handguards
    USB PowerPoint
    R&G covers
    Full service
    New sprockets and chain
    Radiator guards
    New oil cooler
    New oil cooler pipes

Realistically I probably do need a screen over a hugger, underneath is well protected as you rightly say, just a headache cleaning it but I love the bike, I don’t plan anything big and expensive for it going forward other than routine maintenance. I’ve done 1150 miles since I bought it last July. I did come across a beak but again it’s not a necessity. YSS suspension was recommended if I decide to upgrade it, which I think it doesn’t need at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭blade1

FFS,my new boots, first time wearing them yesterday and ankle protector broke.
    It's a moving part when your walking and I could hear it clicking a few times while doing so.
    Got off the bike when I got home and noticed it it had come away from the boot.

I've gotten on to fc-moto so well see what they say.

IMG-20190504-121833.jpg

This is the inside of the ankle protector.
    The tab for holding it in place is broken where the arrow is.

Screenshot-20190504-121941-01.jpg

I suppose the boots will have to go back.....and I'm after throwing out my old ones :o

blade1 wrote: »
    FFS,my new boots, first time wearing them yesterday and ankle protector broke.
    It's a moving part when your walking and I could hear it clicking a few times while doing so.
    Got off the bike when I got home and noticed it it had come away from the boot.

I've gotten on to fc-moto so well see what they say.

IMG-20190504-121833.jpg

This is the inside of the ankle protector.
    The tab for holding it in place is broken where the arrow is.

Screenshot-20190504-121941-01.jpg

I suppose the boots will have to go back.....and I'm after throwing out my old ones :o

They should definitely stand over that, if not i'd be seeking a charge back, i've only dealt with FC Moto once and had no issues.

They should definitely stand over that, if not i'd be seeking a charge back, i've only dealt with FC Moto once and had no issues.
    I've bought a good bit of stuff them and only sent back something once which they refunded straight away.
    I don't want to be without the boots for a couple of weeks over it though.
    The one on the other leg is clicking as well so,I'm thinking it's only a matter of time before that gives.

The boots have the same protectors on the the inner sides of the ankles but they don't click at all so just the outside ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭horse7

Cut off while on a roundabout in blanchardstown [power city/coolmine school].

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,790 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I've bought a good bit of stuff them and only sent back something once which they refunded straight away.
    I don't want to be without the boots for a couple of weeks over it though.
    The one on the other leg is clicking as well so,I'm thinking it's only a matter of time before that gives.

The boots have the same protectors on the the inner sides of the ankles but they don't click at all so just the outside ones.

Reviews are great but one mentions the clicking.
    Screenshot-20190505-103053.jpg

For me the design of that is awful. The most strain would be in the diagonal direction of that strap especially walking.

If I couldn't walk around for an hour in the boots then what's the point.

I'd swap them for a different design, I can't really see a new pair lasting long either.

listermint wrote: »
    If I couldn't walk around for an hour in the boots then what's the point.

That's why they move.

That's why they move.

In this case it appears they didn't move.

In this case it appears they didn't move.

They are moving up and down,just not sure if it got caught on something in the process.

Got a reply off fc-moto this morning saying that they would send out replacement protectors for the boots.
    Then this afternoon got another message saying,they were onto the manufacturer and they want the boots back to inspect and then they will decide if the the boots were faulty or not.
    This process takes 4-6 weeks.

I told them, that's not acceptable as I need boots so can they come up with a better solution.
    So,I'll see what they say.

Not sure what my rights are in this case but if that's my only option,I'll just do a repair job on them myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭honda boi

Got a reply off fc-moto this morning saying that they would send out replacement protectors for the boots.
    Then this afternoon got another message saying,they were onto the manufacturer and they want the boots back to inspect and then they will decide if the the boots were faulty or not.
    This process takes 4-6 weeks.

I told them, that's not acceptable as I need boots so can they come up with a better solution.
    So,I'll see what they say.

Not sure what my rights are in this case but if that's my only option,I'll just do a repair job on them myself.
    Fair b**lox that.
    I would of thought they,d at least send you a replacement pair of boots and ask you to send your ones back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Follow up on my mate on the 30 year old BMW R100 GS PD

They're finished the trip and the bikes are being shipped home.

The old GS made it through Morrocco and The Sahara with no mechanical issues, they're a tough old bastard

479663.jpg

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Does anybody here have multiple bikes? Whats the story with insurance? Is it a full blown new policy for every bike?

Yeah I’ve a moped insured along with the DL, both on the one policy. Cost me €30 extra to add it. Some say that if the policy is already in force they might add it on for free depending on what it is. Principal allow you to have upto 5 bikes insured on the one policy

Does anybody here have multiple bikes? Whats the story with insurance? Is it a full blown new policy for every bike?

Make sure and sit the full A license first before launching into Multi bike policy requests though

Make sure and sit the full A license first before launching into Multi bike policy requests though

I got mine on a learner permit, are some companies strict?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭IJS84

CN offer up to 5 bikes on a policy aswell, usually about €30 to have a 2nd bike on policy + the admin fees
    Can depend on the company and your license

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Another R100GS on the way to the (edge of) Sahara. The open road, happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I have 3 bikes on a policy with CN, 88,99 and 17, Not a pile of difference between the single and multiple bikes but it depends on their level of risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

OK good to know, was thinking when I get more experience perhaps next summer I'll get an adventure bike or something like that.

Surely you wouldn't keep the 125.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

zubair wrote: »
    Surely you wouldn't keep the 125.

I recently got a 125 for commuting, it was a massive change from my old 900 triumph but to be honest after having it a while it'd be a hard decision to use anything else for commuting.

I'll definitely get another bike for fun but the 125 is ideal for going through town.

Oh and I'm saving €60 a month on petrol compared to the triumph :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

If I had the choice of a 125 and a 900 every morning before I went to work I know what I'd choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Anyone know if Muc Off chain degreaser is OK to be used on motorbikes, I've added a link below from aldi.

https://www.aldi.ie/muc-off-urban-chain-%26-gear-degreaser/p/012528278629101

Also, has anyone had a go on any of the new benellis, they are getting good reviews but I'm a bit sceptical.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭GBX

They have their own motorcycle range - https://muc-off.com/products/biodegradable-degreaser - but id give it a go

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Was gonna head up to bikeworld to have a look at the trk, you get a fair amount of extras with it and the cbr has my back broke

Wanted to get the new 302s Benelli but it wasn't released yet. The 502 TRK X trail looks pretty decent too:

https://www.adventurebikerider.com/benelli-trk-502-x-motorcycle-review/

hmm call me a skeptic, but my biggest concern with chinese bikes is parts. Can i get them, are they expensive are they available.

Do they have their act together

zubair wrote: »
    If I had the choice of a 125 and a 900 every morning before I went to work I know what I'd choose.

I'm in traffic the whole time so the 125 is actually more fun lol

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

Principal allow you to have upto 5 bikes insured on the one policy

I was looking at a second bike, but Principal wouldn't add it unless it was garaged.

macplaxton wrote: »
    I was looking at a second bike, but Principal wouldn't add it unless it was garaged.

Principal told me both bikes need to be kept in the same garage, it depends on the policy you have with them though

macplaxton wrote: »

My apologies, i should have stated that, my bikes are garaged.

• Advertisement

I like the look of the Royal Enfield Himalayan. Anybody here do any sorta of light off road stuff here in Ireland?

I'd be interested in this too

Advertisement