Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

The 2 helmets I have are HJC & LS2, both the same size but the HJC is by far the better fit

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I'm using an LS2 Valiant. Modular helmet, so can go full-face or open face. Found out recently it's actually rated as a full-face helmet.

It's not exactly a quiet helmet, but with some good ear-plugs/headphones it's great.

For sunny days on a very relaxed ride, I'll sometimes wear the open face helmet, just for the sheer joy of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Nolan N43E setup as an Open face helmet, I found the chinbar too close for comfort.
    I much prefer open face for visibility and comfort but they aren't for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭emo72

I never see frey Daytona boots reduced. It's there any way to get a bargain on these?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Tempted to pick up an open face for that reason. Use it the odd time perhaps at weekends when its nice.

I love open face helmets and wear mine regularly. But remember a helmet can only cover those area's of your head which they cover.

But besides the safety aspect everything else on a bike is better with an open face helmet, your hearing, vision (vastly improves), wind on your face.

I've tried one of those lids where you can open the face and didn't like them so I use a proper open face lid.

• Advertisement

emo72 wrote: »
    I never see frey Daytona boots reduced. It's there any way to get a bargain on these?

Sign up to Louis and they have vouchers with various different amounts off from time to time. If you know your size then you can use the voucher then.

I love open face helmets and wear mine regularly. But remember a helmet can only cover those area's of your head which they cover.

But besides the safety aspect everything else on a bike is better with an open face helmet, your hearing, vision (vastly improves), wind on your face.

I've tried one of those lids where you can open the face and didn't like them so I use a proper open face lid.

Yup, to clarify on this as I don't think I made it clear. I have 2 helmets (well, 3 actually). The LS2 which is my daily helmet, which has the benefit of being a proper flip-back helmet (as opposed to flip-up) so there's no wind-drag. However it's loud, crazy loud with just the visor down.

I also have an open-face helmet which I use for more relaxed sunny day drives and a good pair of sunglasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

horse7 wrote: »
    Thanks, should I be able to get at it without lifting the tank, is it red or black? Ps you mean near the ECU. Thanks
    Sorry mate I don't know I don't have a cbf600. I think its white.yes The controller would be the ECU. Lift the tank and have a peep if you can. You will probably have to lift it to route the wire anyway. Irishgrimreaper has one maybe he knows.theres a video on YouTube of a cbf1000 gear indicator installation should be similar.
    Pick up a manual on ebay maybe. Very useful.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-CBF600-Service-Workshop-Repair-Shop-Manual-CBF600N-CBF600S-PC43-2007-2013/323744227460?hash=item4b60a8e084:g:tzsAAOSwYXVckUR1&frcectupt=true

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Haynes-Honda-CB600F-Hornet-CBF600-CBR600F-07-2012-Service-N-Repair-Manual-599cc/202660194513?hash=item2f2f7d28d1:g:alwAAOSwMyVcvste&frcectupt=true

I was looking for a bag to carry some spare clothes in and I spotted a guy with a nice one on the way into work this morning. Checked online and its reduced from 50 GBP to 9. Bought two of them in Blue and Orange

https://www.xlmoto.co.uk/xlmoto-slipstream-water-resistant-mc-backpack#?p

Didn't even have to read the link properly or click it as soon as I saw XLMoto.

Great bag, got one about two years ago. Decent space, but you'l stretch to get a full set of spare clothes + boots/shoes in there. It's never leaked or been a problem.

In case anyone ever doubted the GS is a tough bastard here's a mate's 30 yr old BMW R100GS PD in the Sahara desert yesterday!.

DEVIL recognize the bike and rider?.

479163.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,929 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Fair play to him. Some trek! He seems vaguely familiar to me. Did he do doors /courier work in the past?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,925 ✭✭✭D3V!L

In case anyone ever doubted the GS is a tough bastard here's a mate's 30 yr old BMW R100GS PD in the Sahara desert yesterday!.

DEVIL recognize the bike and rider?.

479163.jpg

Jaysus !! Did he get it shipped out or drive it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,787 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Question for people commuting, what type of helmets are people using? For the moment I am using my old Sparco racing helmet which is a nice lid but not particularly comfy our suited to daily bike riding.

im using a Shoei Q West. Super quiet and quite light too. Very happy with it.

I wouldnt use an open face ever, value my jaw and teeth too much. no one will convince me otherwise.

D3V!L wrote: »
    Jaysus !! Did he get it shipped out or drive it ?

Rode it all the way.

GBX wrote: »
    Fair play to him. Some trek! He seems vaguely familiar to me. Did he do doors /courier work in the past?

If you know him from the doors chances are you know me too. We worked together for years.

Rode it all the way.

:eek:

The mad

D3V!L wrote: »
    :eek:

The mad

Well he's mad as a brush lol, and tougher than his GS

Well he's mad as a brush lol, and tougher than his GS

Thats about 7k's each way !! I'd do that :D

Alone ;) Can't see the missus going pillion for that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

CJhaughey wrote: »
    You should stay with the same chain manufacturer as the internal pins can be different sizes, you can buy clip type links for the Regina for 5 euro from them, they say only to get you to a dealer to fit the expanding link but I have done many thousands of miles on and off road with clip links and never had a problem as long as the closed end faces the direction of travel.
    To be honest I would buy a DID O-ring kit at 25% off and you probably won't have to worry about it for a very long time.
    I don't much like Regina their chains aren't as durable as DID which I consider to be the best out there.

Ok so they have agreed to send a new DID chain kit for 90 E. AT the end of the description they have ORT or ORN. whats the difference? I know I need a 520 but thats about it. The chain is a REGINA 520-ORT. The only 520 on the site is ORN https://www.louis.ie/artikel/regina-chain-locks-clip/10040100?list=a1eacfdc35ba7e354a91e71b84ba3c3c

Sorry should have said im looking for the matching master link.

If there is only one 520 then you don't have a lot of choice! The 520 ORN looks to be a sealed type chain whether O-X or Z I don't know but it will fit.
    Have a look at the catalogue, I see several types of chain link there.
    https://www.reginachain.net/motorcycle/catalogues/00-General-Catalogue-2019.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭horse7

UrbanFret wrote: »
    Sorry mate I don't know I don't have a cbf600. I think its white.yes The controller would be the ECU. Lift the tank and have a peep if you can. You will probably have to lift it to route the wire anyway. Irishgrimreaper has one maybe he knows.theres a video on YouTube of a cbf1000 gear indicator installation should be similar.
    Pick up a manual on ebay maybe. Very useful.

This is the only one I found and it's not an easy job.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-CBF600-Service-Workshop-Repair-Shop-Manual-CBF600N-CBF600S-PC43-2007-2013/323744227460?hash=item4b60a8e084:g:tzsAAOSwYXVckUR1&frcectupt=true

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Haynes-Honda-CB600F-Hornet-CBF600-CBR600F-07-2012-Service-N-Repair-Manual-599cc/202660194513?hash=item2f2f7d28d1:g:alwAAOSwMyVcvste&frcectupt=true

https://youtu.be/hZMt8_bVz1c

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭horse7

Is there any way to change the subtitles on the you tube video to English?

On the look out for a rear hugger for my DL if anyone knows the best place to buy them, found plenty on google,ebay etc but the prices seem very high.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

horse7 wrote: »
    Is there any way to change the subtitles on the you tube video to English?
    Na, it’s embedded, maybe copy the subtitles you need and use google translate?

On the look out for a rear hugger for my DL if anyone knows the best place to buy them, found plenty on google,ebay etc but the prices seem very high.

Thought it was a weekend bike.

Do you really need one ?

listermint wrote: »
    Thought it was a weekend bike.

Do you really need one ?

I went to clean it today and the amount of dirt up under it was crazy, weekend bike is probably putting it mildly now, it has been about 2/3 weeks since i was last out on it, even with the odd bit of good weather of late.

I went to clean it today and the amount of dirt up under it was crazy, weekend bike is probably putting it mildly now, it has been about 2/3 weeks since i was last out on it, even with the odd bit of good weather of late.

I'd just clean it then wouldn't bother with one tbh. Dirt appears in winter months .

listermint wrote: »
    I'd just clean it then wouldn't bother with one tbh. Dirt appears in winter months .

Yeah i'll be getting it ready for the summer months now and hopefully plan to go further afield with it if i get the chance.

From what I remember from my Vstrom everything under the saddle was well protected from dirt thrown up from the rear tyre, I don't recall the Vsrom ever needing a hugger.

There's not a whole lot of things I can recall the Vstrom needing to improve it.

From memory you've installed heated grips, crash bars and belly pan.

I think you've hand guards?. Other than that a screen spoiler, and external power source. If you really want to throw money at it then upgrade the suspension, its budget and really the only weak link on the Vstrom.

• Advertisement

From what I remember from my Vstrom everything under the saddle was well protected from dirt thrown up from the rear tyre, I don't recall the Vsrom ever needing a hugger.

There's not a whole lot of things I can recall the Vstrom needing to improve it.

From memory you've installed heated grips, crash bars and belly pan.

I think you've hand guards?. Other than that a screen spoiler, and external power source. If you really want to throw money at it then upgrade the suspension, its budget and really the only weak link on the Vstrom.

Advertisement