Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

horse7 wrote: »
    looking for motorcycle recovery service,puncture or breakdown, do most bikers use these now,i think its paid yearly, or do most take a chance?

Have it on my insurance, can get upto 4 call outs a year, i used it once and won't be using it again.

blade1 wrote: »
    My 6th day in a row out on the bike today.
    Can't remember when was the last time I did that.
    Even on Sunday I was justing popping to the shop and there was a gang of Polish lads meeting there and going for a spin so I ended up going with them.
    The new tyres I fitted on Monday have transformed the ZZR and anything around 180mph, I don't have to wrestle to keep control!!:D :pac:

All i can say is i'm very jealous of you being out so much and all i am doing is polishing mine :(

180mph :eek: did you press the wrong buttons on your computer there :pac:

D3V!L wrote: »
    On a track , yeah ? ;)
    Fùck that!
    Straight through town...past the cop shop....wife beaters,combat shorts and sandals on!
    Sun is out shur!!! :pac:

Around Mondello was it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭honda boi

horse7 wrote: »
    looking for motorcycle recovery service,puncture or breakdown, do most bikers use these now,i think its paid yearly, or do most take a chance?

I'm with the AA and any punctures or issues I had they were grand to deal it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,282 ✭✭✭✭blade1

All i can say is i'm very jealous of you being out so much and all i am doing is polishing mine :(

180mph :eek: did you press the wrong buttons on your computer there :pac:

The best thing about my last few posts was a guard actually thanked one of them!:eek: :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

The best thing about my last few posts was a guard actually thanked one of them!:eek: :pac:
    I dispute that remark. Maybe it was a nod of approval. ;)

Got out on the moped today, the front pads kept squealing, very loud very annoying. I'm of the opinion that they are the originals from 2001, the front tyre was the very one the bike from when it was manufactured so i can only assume these are as well. Brembo pads. I'll let ye judge for yourselves.

20z6ul5.jpg

21zaft.jpg

9q8kmr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Got out on the moped today, the front pads kept squealing, very loud very annoying. I'm of the opinion that they are the originals from 2001, the front tyre was the very one the bike from when it was manufactured so i can only assume these are as well. Brembo pads. I'll let ye judge for yourselves.

20z6ul5.jpg

21zaft.jpg

9q8kmr.jpg
    They look old for sure. Try getting a piece of 180 grit sandpaper on a piece of glass and sanding them carefully. This can sometimes break the glazing and stop the squealing.
    If not a new set won’t break you

CJhaughey wrote: »
    They look old for sure. Try getting a piece of 180 grit sandpaper on a piece of glass and sanding them carefully. This can sometimes break the glazing and stop the squealing.
    If not a new set won’t break you

for the sake of €20 or less i'll just replace them. especially given that they are almost certainly 18 years old and that bike was laying idle for years at one point. I'm actually surprised to say the least that they have lasted that long. Looking at EBC pads as i can't find the Brembo version that came out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,523 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I take it you already changed that tyre...!

EBC pads are good.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Advertisement

I take it you already changed that tyre...!

EBC pads are good.

The tyre was changed last summer, it was hard, cracked and had no grip, the 4 digit manufacture code on it was 06/01 so around mid February 2001. I have EBC pads fitted on the rear of it and was told at the time that the front ones were ok. Those pads are probably the last consumable item that remain from 2001. I got alot of stuff done to it mechanically. Handy for getting around the city and cheap as chips.

Which are better, organic or Sintered?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Brembo pads on a moped are almost certainly the original parts.

I actually bought brake pads myself today and got a super price and a surprise on them.

I'm on a budget at the moment because the car and bike service were due this month, plus insurance on both was up too. Because the car is still under warranty I had to return it to the main dealer for its service, first kick in the bollox.

Then I love my GS and plan on keeping her for awhile. She has a full BMW service history so I reluctantly decided to keep the BMW service history going.

Got a very reasonable price of €207 from Joe Duffy's, while I was there I asked the price of front pads and was told [more or less] 'take a seat, this ain't gonne be cheap'.. €180 for supplied Brembo pads.. This is all work I'd normally do myself at a fraction of the cost so its killing me to do pay for this, but I have to say it (again) I've had a great experience with Joe Duffy this year so I'm going with them for the work.

I was told if I got the pads elsewhere they'd throw them in on the service!.. Happy days, saves me sitting in my garden for 45 minutes getting my hands dirty.

Second run of luck, I gave Ray at Bikeworld a call.. Bikeworld to their credit give front line emergency services including the defence forces nice discounts.. I picked up two sets of DP pads from BW for €55, deadly but they're probably sh*t and I'm on a budget so I won't complain.

Brought them to Joe Duffy's expecting ridicule, 'Ah DP pads, they're made by Dunlop. They're a grand job, we'll fire them in'.

All in had a great day and credit to Bikeworld and Joe Duffy.

Got home, and there's two screws in my brand new rear tyre ~ BOLLOX

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

The tyre was changed last summer, it was hard, cracked and had no grip, the 4 digit manufacture code on it was 06/01 so around mid February 2001. I have EBC pads fitted on the rear of it and was told at the time that the front ones were ok. Those pads are probably the last consumable item that remain from 2001. I got alot of stuff done to it mechanically. Handy for getting around the city and cheap as chips.

Which are better, organic or Sintered?

On a scooter I'd go with organic, they have a better feel at low speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Pretty bumed out today, while fitting the new screen it made me notice that someone had reversed into my passenger side car door. It could have happened over a week ago and I never noticed.

At least the screen has entirely killed the wind buffeting I was getting.

OmpMoT1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

:eek:

Bear in mind what day it is. :D

Lads and lassies in Cork City keep your bikes well locked up. One bike set alight in Knocknaheeny last night, 2 bikes stolen this evening in Glanmire and Ballinlough. Entering backyards and cutting locks/chains off.

Here is the FJ1200

https://www.facebook.com/100000194244804/posts/2647100545306394?sfns=mo

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭thos

Is it still good luck if a bird ****s on your bike while you're riding?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭GBX

thos wrote: »
    Is it still good luck if a bird ****s on your bike while you're riding?

Seagull / Sparrow - yeah.
    The GF/Mrs - not so much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭thos

Screen and front fairing - not the rear seat!

Bike was freshly washed too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Like an absolute langer I didn't check the weather for today when I was leaving the house. Drove to work with the open face helmet on and no water proof gear.

Rain lashed down like you would not believe halfway along the trip, like crazy heavy. Ended up getting drenched and had to stop into Dunnes to buy a new pair of jeans before work.

Stupid Irish weather!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

An idea I seen on an ADV FB site, can't find the page now but I'd been looking at some kind of wind deflectors for the hand guards on my 1200GS. The hand guards fitted are good but I'm getting some wind across the top of my hands & into my sleeves.

The Touratech wind deflectors cost €129 lol.. An idea I got from the ADV FB page was to buy Chinese car mirror rain guards, for €1;40 lol

Chinese car mirror rain guards

The photos on the ADV page looked good, as soon as they arrive I'll fit them and take some photos but for €1:40 (free postage too) how could I go wrong!.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Incoming stupid question but where does one put tax disk + insurance on a bike with no windscreen?
    Displaying Insurance on motorcycle not required .

Tax display something like this
    Motorcycle Motorbike Secure Tube Tax Disc Cylindrical Holder Waterproof Black 6913930634709 | eBay

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭horse7

Do you just keep it in your pocket

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Incoming stupid question but where does one put tax disk + insurance on a bike with no windscreen?

As mentioned there is no need to display insurance on a bike. I have my tax attached to the chain guard near the back wheel, some attach it to the screen or near the front forks. Once it is publicly visible is all that really matters.

rlf4vp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Long time since I displayed mine on the bike. Been stopped and shown it out of my wallet without issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

As mentioned there is no need to display insurance on a bike. I have my tax attached to the chain guard near the back wheel, some attach it to the screen or near the front forks. Once it is publicly visible is all that really matters.

rlf4vp.jpg

Your bike is so clean

ZX7R wrote: »
    Your bike is so clean

I'll have to give it a polish actually over the weekend, any recommendations? Muc-Off is the best out there is it?

Done 940 miles since i bought it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭horse7

Very clean. Where is a goodplace for a chain and padlock near blanchardstown?

Advertisement