Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Just a style change, suits the bike much better imo.
    Qctzkv8.jpg

p0gQjK7.jpg

uq4ph94.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Ordered a set of these and they just arrived. I can't for the life of me figure out how they go on, and I swear they're not long enough to fit on properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

What bike is it? They look like they go under the naked bike type mirrors.

Seems like for the naked version of my bike you'd take off the mirror and screw it down on the bracket.
    https://img-webike-370429.c.cdn77.org/moto_img/cg/6/5192/L_cbf600_2005.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Looks to me like the pivot pin for the brake and clutch levers goes through the little hole in the T bracket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Reaper I'd get a 'dope rope' on that disc lock before you come a cropper. You'll get one online or from any bike shop for a few quid and it'll potentially save you a fortune!.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭LLewellen Farquarson

Reaper I'd get a 'dope rope' on that disc lock before you come a cropper. You'll get one online or from any bike shop for a few quid and it'll potentially save you a fortune!.
    I second that DAMHIK

• Registered Users Posts: 33,860 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Sure they're for oul lads. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

listermint wrote: »

Dopiness covers all ages!

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭LLewellen Farquarson

I resemble that remark!

They're a no brainer but most people (including me) only buy one after falling off a locked bike once or twice.

• Advertisement

They're a no brainer but most people (including me) only buy one after falling off a locked bike once or twice.

Ya.

Oul lads ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

Contemplating a new lid.

hvyofq.jpg

2qncv7n.jpg

One of the 2 of them.

You get rid of the DL?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,142 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Wasn't Schumacher a 'cager'? :) Shame on you.

Not your ornery onager

You get rid of the DL?
    God no, that would be silly at this stage :D
    Esel wrote: »
    Wasn't Schumacher a 'cager'? :) Shane on you.

Schumacher was a god :)

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Ordered my first bike yesterday. Big thanks to everybody in here for all the help. Will post photos when I get it

Did you do the IBT? How did you find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Yeah did the IBT with LookBehindYou, I think its a great idea. I wasn't completely green but I can imagine if you are its vital to go through it.

Congrats, im in the same boat myself, just completed the IBT this week and am in the process of looking for a bike. Mind me asking what bike you went with as a first time bike? Im looking at a Ninja EX 300 or something similar.

Yeah did the IBT with LookBehindYou, I think its a great idea. I wasn't completely green but I can imagine if you are its vital to go through it.

I'm the same, definitely a worthwhile course. What engine size did you go for in the end? did you stick with the 125 idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Esel wrote: »
    Wasn't Schumacher a 'cager'? :) Shame on you.

Bit of an all rounder old Mick.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭horse7

Has anyone used Leinster driving campus to learn some riding skills, want a refresher as I am planning to return to biking after a few years.

• Advertisement

Stuck with the 125, insurance was proving a problem larger bikes. And its not going to be used for much so I dont mind the smaller engine. I drove a 125 and a 650 and the 125 was quicker than I expected.

I'm amazed at the issue with the larger bikes, the only one i had an iissue with was the CBR 600F at the time. If the usage isn't going to be much then the 125 is probably a better option. I haven't even put up 1000 miles on my own bikes combined since last July when i bought the DL.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,282 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I haven't even put up 1000 miles on my own bikes combined since last July when i bought the DL.

My 6th day in a row out on the bike today.
    Can't remember when was the last time I did that.
    Even on Sunday I was justing popping to the shop and there was a gang of Polish lads meeting there and going for a spin so I ended up going with them.
    The new tyres I fitted on Monday have transformed the ZZR and anything around 180mph, I don't have to wrestle to keep control!!:D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭D3V!L

blade1 wrote: »
    The new tyres I fitted on Monday have transformed the ZZR and anything around 180mph, I don't have to wrestle to keep control!!:D :pac:

On a track , yeah ? ;)

D3V!L wrote: »
    On a track , yeah ? ;)

Fùck that!
    Straight through town...past the cop shop....wife beaters,combat shorts and sandals on!
    Sun is out shur!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭D3V!L

blade1 wrote: »
    Fùck that!
    Straight through town...past the cop shop....wife beaters,combats and sandals on!
    Sun is out shur!!! :pac:

It's rude not to :D

It's not like they can catch you.

D3V!L wrote: »

It's not like they can catch you.

From the quick glimpse I catch of them, it's looks like nods of approval they are giving me!:D

Stuck with the 125, insurance was proving a problem larger bikes. And its not going to be used for much so I dont mind the smaller engine. I drove a 125 and a 650 and the 125 was quicker than I expected.

You can have great craic on a 125.

I honed my skills (or so I thought at the time) back in the last 80's an a Yamaha RD125YPVS.. I thought I was Barry fucking Sheen on it.

The craic I had on that bike. I rode it all over Ireland & to the UK, even carried a pillion for most of those trips!.

Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

You can have great craic on a 125.

I honed my skills (or so I thought at the time) back in the last 80's an a Yamaha RD125YPVS.. I thought I was Barry fucking Sheen on it.

The craic I had on that bike. I rode it all over Ireland & to the UK, even carried a pillion for most of those trips!.

Best of luck with it.
    I agree, light bikes make for great fun, you can practice your skills at sane speeds.
    I bought a MSX125 last month, to add to the 6 bikes already in the garage.

Anyone have an RST Raid jacket?.. Opinions if you have please.

Just looking at one in Bikeworld, they feel nice but I haven't had great experiences with RST gear in the past.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭horse7

looking for motorcycle recovery service,puncture or breakdown, do most bikers use these now,i think its paid yearly, or do most take a chance?

Advertisement