Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

That looks like a brilliant helmet.

It seems like it's new helmet season for everyone. Sportsbikeshop just priced matched an HJC RPHA 70 helmet I seen on amazon UK. £110 off their listed price.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Cian_ok

I've just had my bike robbed from Dublin 1. A red Honda crf250m. I'm gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Cian_ok wrote: »

Were you driving this at custom house quay today at 530 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Cian_ok

D3V!L wrote: »
    Were you driving this at custom house quay today at 530 ?
    No I arrived at 7 for grub at J2 on the quays. Parked beside the Dublin bike stand.
    And it was gone by 8.30

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Sorry to hear that, i've had a bike stolen and it sucks. Hope you get it back. Post all over facebook and the stolen bikes groups, bikers eire etc, you may get it back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,860 ✭✭✭✭listermint

no use now, on the next bike get a proper almax chain and Squire Lock dont buy that tat from Oxford. They break that stuff in seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

listermint wrote: »
    no use now, on the next bike get a proper almax chain and Squire Lock dont buy that tat from Oxford. They break that stuff in seconds.

I've an oxford disc lock & chain, useless? Looking into an alarm myself after fcukers tried to rob mine last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭The_Chap

I've an oxford disc lock & chain, useless? Looking into an alarm myself after fcukers tried to rob mine last week.

rubbish is right, bolt croppers cut those chains like cheese

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

The_Chap wrote: »
    rubbish is right, bolt croppers cut those chains like cheese

Any advice on something good? The lock and chain weren't tried last week, but i suspect whoever it was now knows what they are dealing with and possibly plotting round 2, security is good here but it can never be tight enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

gBc4ECg.jpg

Yay! currently getting some looks in work as I wear this to break it in... It's so light compared to the old one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Throw up the details on Stolen Motorcycles Ireland

Hope you get it back.. I've had a bike stolen, never got it back. Its gut wrenching.

I love when I hear the little cocksuckers have wrapped themselves around a pole, or went head first through a wall.

***Woops just seen your bike there.. I'll leave the link up in case other's are so unfortunate.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,860 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Any advice on something good? The lock and chain weren't tried last week, but i suspect whoever it was now knows what they are dealing with and possibly plotting round 2, security is good here but it can never be tight enough.

Ive had an Almax chain for 5 years. Its built to be an absolute prk to break and open.

All chains can be cut, but by delaying it you can piss off the offender, they give up or they get caught creating a racket.

Id recommend the Almax - they are expensive and you may have to import from UK supplier. but i personally wouldnt use anything else on the bike especially if im leaving it parked up in a built up area.

Anyone heading to the RDS this weekend?.. Am I seeing things, is it €20 for a day ticket?.

I see on facebook that you've recovered the bike, great news.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭The_Chap

listermint wrote: »
    Ive had an Almax chain for 5 years. Its built to be an absolute prk to break and open.

All chains can be cut, but by delaying it you can piss off the offender, they give up or they get caught creating a racket.

Id recommend the Almax - they are expensive and you may have to import from UK supplier. but i personally wouldnt use anything else on the bike especially if im leaving it parked up in a built up area.

Second this, I swear by the Almax but make sure you chain it to something immovable and use the recommended padlock to go with it!

2 chains are better than one but that depends on if you have to cart it around:D

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭mamax

Anyone heading to the RDS this weekend?.. Am I seeing things, is it €20 for a day ticket?.

Yea it's a bit steep just to get in, 2 years ago we went into some place there to eat, nuggets (small) chips and a coke was 15 euro, I'll be eating before I go in this time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Great to hear you got it back, hopefully not too much damage. Where was it found?

Almax all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Having done the motorbike show at the NEC a few times now it's hard to feel like the Irish show is worth the hassle or the money.

zubair wrote: »
    Having done the motorbike show at the NEC a few times now it's hard to feel like the Irish show is worth the hassle or the money.

Its really not.....

Myself and the missus are on a tight budget because we're buying a house and seeing as we dont get much time together decided it would be a good morning out. I bought the €15 tickets online, there's no way I'm paying €20 at the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,261 ✭✭✭prunudo

Jesus lads you're a tight shower. Its a few hours entertainment every 2 years, when was the last time you went to a match or a concert for 20 quid. Get out there and support the Irish bike scene.
    Sure you'd easily spend €20 on a sunday spin or a charity ride out.

• Advertisement

jvan wrote: »
    Jesus lads you're a tight shower. Its a few hours entertainment every 2 years, when was the last time you went to a match or a concert for 20 quid. Get out there and support the Irish bike scene.
    Sure you'd easily spend €20 on a sunday spin or a charity ride out.

Look at Mr. Moneybags here !!

Lend us a fiver mistur :o

D3V!L wrote: »
    Look at Mr. Moneybags here !!

Lend us a fiver mistur :o

Send me your bank account details and I'll western union it over to you :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

Went up to the RDS. Nice looking at all the new shiny bikes that I can't afford, and some fantastic customs.
    The stunt bikes and the dirt track were entertaining. And loads of gear stalls.

All in all €15 for a couple of hours strolling around was good

What I was disappointed in is that I didn't see any Kawasaki bikes (maybe I missed a huge chunk of the show!) and I was hoping to have a look at the Vulcan.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Colm17RvB

What I was disappointed in is that I didn't see any Kawasaki bikes (maybe I missed a huge chunk of the show!) and I was hoping to have a look at the Vulcan.

Bikeworld don't do the show, they don't see the point in it.

Spent 3 hours at the show today, but honestly could have had it all done in about an hour if it wasn't for bumping into people and a stunt show.

Its funny, Bikeworlds reason for not doing the show is a bit like the reason a lot of people won't buy stuff in their shop. Whats the point of it when you can get it cheaper online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

Yeah I don't like going into bikeworld.

When I was buying all my gear for the first time and hadnt clue I went into bikeworld.
    Just didn't talk to me, didn't feel comfortable. I felt I was a hindrance to them. Asking silly questions., How stuff should fit etc. And starting out biking is a daunting prospect. Maybe they were just busy and thought I wasn't serious.

Anyways went straight out the door and down to cotters and dropped €800 on gear.

But then you hear stories of people who go into cotters and can't get any joy as they feel its to much of a clique. Swings and roundabouts I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

jvan wrote: »
    Its funny, Bikeworlds reason for not doing the show is a bit like the reason a lot of people won't buy stuff in their shop. Whats the point of it when you can get it cheaper online.

BW are so far up their own arses that they fart through their mouth.....they know theyre too expensive, but lowering their prices would be below them....even though they know they would have more customers and their sales would increase...i've rang them for parts a few times..they never have them and theyre dearer than on-line, so i dont bother anymore...

In answer to Jvan...i agree what you said about cotters, bit like biker.ie.....and one lad in there can be an ignorant cant.....

Maybe because I'm a regular in BW and I'm around the scene over 30 years but I've never known them to be stand offish of aloof with people.

Ray, the sales manager upstairs in always up for a bit of criac (he's at the RDS with the Royal Enfield stuff) and you wouldn't get a more down to earth lad in your life, and he's good if you want to negotiate on price.

Neil downstairs is a bit of a dry sh*t, but get him talking about racing honda 50's or his old man and he won't shut up.

Cotters is good for budget end stuff, chains/sprockets & tyres. Their accessories are like the budget end of an Alipress site, naff.

One more word in favor out BW, their aftersales customer care.

About three years after buys an Arai I lost a lot of weight (6stone in 2017) and mentioned it to Ray that I'll need a new helmet.

He booked my old Arai in, gave it new padding then spent maybe 30 minutes trimming it for me and I went off with a few hundred Euro in my pocket and a helmet which fit me like a glove again and was quieter than the original padded one.. I posted about it here at the time.

I can't say fairer than that!.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

The first time I went into bikeworld i tried on a ton of gear, picked out the stuff I wanted, they typed it up and printed it out for me, I went home with my list and bought it all online.

I also get the clique thing with cotters, but they're not that bad really. I've been going there years now so I guess I'm in the clique now :-s

Advertisement