Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E global central

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭GerPower

Sam Mac wrote: »
    I want to order an S5 smartphone from this site, will I get refunded any customs charges that may be incurred? Thanks!

Just be careful when buying a phone and make sure you pick one that will work on EU networks as some phones are specif to certain regions and Samsung are known for this so if you see an S5 research that it will work on your network as it can be expensive to send a phone back and chances are you will get stung by customs as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 tukeeep

Hi all! I had to register to ask few questions.

I'm one of those who're thinking continuously that order or not to order? It seems that there are lot of happy customers out here and that's only a positive thing. I'd like to order Canon EOS 6D body from Eglobal. Is paying with PayPal okay, so there's chance to get money back IF something happens? What shipping method would you recommend, is the Priority express shipping okay or should i choose the insured one?

Thanks!

T

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

tukeeep wrote: »

I'm one of those who're thinking continuously that order or not to order? It seems that there are lot of happy customers out here and that's only a positive thing. I'd like to order Canon EOS 6D body from Eglobal. Is paying with PayPal okay, so there's chance to get money back IF something happens? What shipping method would you recommend, is the Priority express shipping okay or should i choose the insured one?

Thanks!

T

Definitely pay by PayPal. The free shipping will be just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ilavela

Thanks!

T

Paypal should be a better option although I paid by card directly. For peace of mind, I'd advice insured shipping. I think it is 2% of your order, it is reasonable when you buy an item around 1K EUR, just 20 EUR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Sam Mac wrote: »
    Not the case.

They just told me this on live chat:

''We ship our orders with special logistics arrangement and therefore all you will need to pay is the prices on website, no VAT, import fees nor hidden charges involved for the customer on any order. Any VAT or customs duties incurred will be settle by eGlobaL. The price you see on the website is the final price you pay for the product.''

I emailed myself the chat transcript in case they try to deny ever telling me that.

Would having proof matter though? They are based in HK. If they refused to pay VAT and customs I don't think there's a whole lot people could do, regardless of what eglobal said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 SLyn9745

Phone arrived at 2pm 2day. Perfect brand new has eu plug but eglobal supplied adaptor for uk plug so all ok. amazing price and arrive in Ireland in 2days! Will defiantly recommand and use again. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ilavela

Same here, my camera, lenses and free gifts (cleaner kit, screen protector and protective case) arrived this afternoon. Really fast service I should admit. Now time to learn basic photography skills :)

Just ordered Canon EOS 6D - I hope I'll have a good luck!

Just ordered Canon EOS 6D - I hope I'll have a good luck!

Gotta say that all the ID & CC verifications take too much time.. I know, they say that they're for everyones safety but blah, I don't know.. :D Well, finally received an email confirming that all the documents I provided are okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

Quit moaning. When you view it from their perspective (As someone who works in eCommerce payment processing) almost every transaction they process is high risk. You're saving yourself about €800 if you don't get caught by customs, and about €250 if you do by ordering from these guys, and you still find something to complain about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

Last question before I take the plunge...
    WWhat circumstances require you to give proof. Is it when just using a credit card. Im going to use paypal verified account but want it shipped to my work

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Logie-1

I ordered a new lens last Thursday, Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro 1:1, £203 plus £5 for insured shipping (not express shipping). I paid with credit card, no fuss at all, no id required very straight forward. They said it will be delivered between 8 and 10 working days. According to the tracking it is in Belfast now and scheduled for delivery today:)

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Logie-1

New lens arrived today, I am very happy with that service.

There is only one down side, I am at work so my wife was the only one home when it arrived, now she is asking questions, I told her its ink for the printer:)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭GerPower

M.J.M.C wrote: »
    Last question before I take the plunge...
    WWhat circumstances require you to give proof. Is it when just using a credit card. Im going to use paypal verified account but want it shipped to my work

I used paypal to cover my ass just in case and they asked for a copy of my drivers licence, passport, credit card along with a utility bill. Just scan the requested documents blocking out all sensitive info like numbers just show that its you and you live in the address provided.

As for getting it sent to your work not so sure they will deliver as the address is different from your documents so chances are the order might be cancelled. Best bet is to get the courier to leave the parcel for you with someone that way you wont have any problems.

Good luck anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭RickyWed

Hi!

I am a costumer. Bought Sigma 17-55 2.8 and Nikon 50 1.8d from Global central and they deliver as stated. Ordered on Monday evening and got my stuff on Thursday to Dublin. Anyway you don't pay any vat as they manage it all but I assume its a grey import so you cany claim warranty from EU Nikon, Canon etc... but you still have seller's two years warranty on the product. I got two items and no problem there so all I can do is to recommend this site for shopping.

This is starting to taste like a sh*t. Placed the order in the monday, paid extra for priority shipping, it's friday and nothing hasn't happened. I've asked that what's going on and only thing they tell me is "you're order is stuck in the system with some error" - okay? Nobody tells what's the error and is there any estimated delivery date..

This seems to be sooooooo my luck.. :D

Ou thats bad mate, never happened to me so cant say whats the story. Was it in stock when you ordered the stuff?
    I know this stuff was happening with simplyelectronics

RickyWed wrote: »
    Ou thats bad mate, never happened to me so cant say whats the story. Was it in stock when you ordered the stuff?
    I know this stuff was happening with simplyelectronics

Yeap, and it still happens with Simply. But yes, it was in stock and with 24h dispatch stamp on it - not any more, haha. I chatted with them (their chat sucks btw) and someone replied that they try to fix the error and make the shipment happen in monday..

Well, I am usually patient but to be honest, when you've sent almost 1200 euros to somewhere in Asia it make days go by soooooooo slowly.. :D

Absolutely understand but hope all will go good for you mate. What did you get if you don't mind me asking?

Absolutely understand but hope all will go good for you mate. What did you get if you don't mind me asking?

Canon EOS 6D.

Well, I don't think there's really a problem here, except their technical issues.. This thread is full of success stories and they're based on real experiences so I'm not worried - too much.. :D I'm sure I will get the camera sooner or later but I hope that in next week. And I paid with credit card so if something goes wrong there are several cases to count on VISA.

I think that their "technical issues" may have occurred 'cause I requested an international version of the 6D. They said that they will ship that version to me but if they're not used to that kind of business it may have confused them and the real problem is getting the international version of the camera body, lol :D

• Advertisement

Haha yeah probably :) anyway good luck with the camera and happy shooting :)

Haha yeah probably :) anyway good luck with the camera and happy shooting :)

Thanks, will update later on next week how this thing goes :)

T

• Registered Users Posts: 24 cmcweb

Just ordered a new DSLR, used Paypal for piece of mind.

Coupon code NS201410EUR works for over €400 totals to get €10 off at checkout.

After one week from purchase they got their "technical issue" fixed and dispatched my 6D :) They also promised to refund the priority shipping costs (in this case 17.99e) which was also pretty nice! Can't wait to get the body :D

Glad to hear that mate. Happy shooting in three days time :-)

International version of 6D arrived today :) I'm really, really surprised how DHL can provide so amazingly fast shipping.. Took off from HK monday morning and landed to HKI tuesday morning - got my hands on my new babe after midday :)

Totally recommended! Cheers from Finland.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭arcius

International version of 6D arrived today :) I'm really, really surprised how DHL can provide so amazingly fast shipping.. Took off from HK monday morning and landed to HKI tuesday morning - got my hands on my new babe after midday :)

Totally recommended! Cheers from Finland.

Can you explain to me what do you mean by "international version"? Year ago I got 6d with english manual and uk plug. is that means it is an international version? or what that means. Thanks

By the way ordered lens yesterday, today it is in germany. Will be delivered tmr. They are good :)

arcius wrote: »
    Can you explain to me what do you mean by "international version"? Year ago I got 6d with english manual and uk plug. is that means it is an international version? or what that means

To be honest, I wasn't 100% sure either, haha :D

But I did request it as I had saw in the web that those camera models including all the languages are international ones - it makes sense. I could have used 6D with two language options, chinese/+japanese and english but I'd rather use my own language, Finnish :) If I'd have got the one with only two languages, which can be possible when you are ordering from Asia, I should have tried to change the firmware to get all the languages and so on.. Doesn't even know if it's possible, some say it's not.

Well, I'm happy with my body and hope this answers your question :) If someone knows more they can be much more specific. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭manna452121

My own box of goodies arrived with DHL this morning but guess what,no one at home.I had tracked the box to DHL Germany so I was not expecting them to call this morning.I rang DHL and its back out for delivery tomorrow.Great service with less than two days from Hong Kong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭corkandproud

Looking at the Canon EF 24-105 F4L but it says "White Box". Any idea what this means, is there a chance the lens is a knock off?

http://www.eglobalcentral.eu/canon-ef-24-105mm-f-4l-is-usm-lenses-white-box-en.html

Advertisement