Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E global central

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Trilla90

Thinking of ordering a phone off these, would love to see the stats on what % of items (specifically phones) get stopped by customs before ordering though.

Just wondering is there anything that can be done to minimize the risk of it being stopped? For example say i ordered a smartphone along with a SD card and a case for the phone would it be more likely to be stopped than if i had just ordered the phone on its own?

I'm not sure how it works but would the fact that there are 3 items in the package make it more likely that customs would check the parcel?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

my lens arrived vat free two days after delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭GerPower

Trilla90 wrote: »
    Thinking of ordering a phone off these, would love to see the stats on what % of items (specifically phones) get stopped by customs before ordering though.

Just wondering is there anything that can be done to minimize the risk of it being stopped? For example say i ordered a smartphone along with a SD card and a case for the phone would it be more likely to be stopped than if i had just ordered the phone on its own?

I'm not sure how it works but would the fact that there are 3 items in the package make it more likely that customs would check the parcel?

Mt advice is order on a weekend or on a monday thats what i always did. Id highly recommend you get the Xiaomi power bank its the real one unlike the fakes on Ebay and it charges your phone really quick and its at a good price. Id also advise you to buy your sd cards too cus i paid €25 for a 16gb ultra class 10 in argos the price said €12.99 on the sticker but it was a different price at the till and i didnt notice until i had paid and Argos dont refund you only get a credit note.

A 32gb ultra class 10 on Eglobal is the same price as the 16gb you get on argos i have one but id highly advice you buy all with the phone cus my last time buying stuff here i bought over €50 worth of stuff but had to pay for delivery.

If you follow what i say you will be grand just know the bands on the phone i bought a LG G2 Mini here and its a great phone unreal battery life and you can replace it too happy buying.... oh use the free delivery option its just as quick good luck.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

I'm thinking of chancing a Canon 24-70 f2.8 II from them. €1500 is the cheapest online. Still a huge pile of money for me though so it is quite a risk.

1. Would you?
    2. Am I getting a genuine "New", "Canon" product ?
    3. Can I register the lens with Canon and avail of their warranty?
    4. Does it qualify for any Canon rebate ?

Sorry for all the questions. If anyone can answer any of them, I'd be very grateful.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

dnme wrote: »
    I'm thinking of chancing a Canon 24-70 f2.8 II from them. €1500 is the cheapest online. Still a huge pile of money for me though so it is quite a risk.

1. Would you?
    2. Am I getting a genuine "New", "Canon" product ?
    3. Can I register the lens with Canon and avail of their warranty?
    4. Does it qualify for any Canon rebate ?

Sorry for all the questions. If anyone can answer any of them, I'd be very grateful.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91860728&postcount=291

Also, next Canon lens I'll be buying will be from them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

M.J.M.C wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91860728&postcount=291

Also, next Canon lens I'll be buying will be from them

Many thanks for the reply. Did you register the camera with Canon? any rebate on the MIII?

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭DK224

After a flawless first order where I received my delivery in less than a week after ordering, my latest order was the complete opposite!

It took 29 days for me to receive the package. After the package arrived in Ireland I got an email from DHL saying they needed me to email over a copy of the payment details as required by customs. Then an email from EGlobal saying they had made an "error" over shipping charges regarding the item. The item was held by customs for 2 weeks with no updates given. Rang DHL several times over the 2 weeks and they had no clue to how it was being held for so long.

Finally received the package yesterday and thankfully didn't recieve any charges

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭dusty207

DK224 wrote: »
    After a flawless first order where I received my delivery in less than a week after ordering, my latest order was the complete opposite!

It took 29 days for me to receive the package. After the package arrived in Ireland I got an email from DHL saying they needed me to email over a copy of the payment details as required by customs. Then an email from EGlobal saying they had made an "error" over shipping charges regarding the item. The item was held by customs for 2 weeks with no updates given. Rang DHL several times over the 2 weeks and they had no clue to how it was being held for so long.

Finally received the package yesterday and thankfully didn't recieve any charges

Interesting, wonder how/why eglobal got involved?
    Maybe the customs charges were paid by eglobal?
    If so and if customs have copped onto what eglobal's been doing, i.e. putting a value of €14 on the packages to evade duty then eglobal might not be as handy as before? Pity as I was about to buy a Nikon D7100 having had 2 previous successful purchases, think I'll hold off a while and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭vandriver

Sounds like this party may be winding down.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭arcius

Interesting what says on the slip attached to the package. I don't think this party will end up soon :) The reason for that is each time I order something from them the package comes from different address, company name etc. And I do order a lot of them. They can get cut if customs open the package, but then again their T&c's state:
    "16. Import, VAT & Customs
    16.1 To simplify the process of buying internationally, eglobal central choose to handle the process of custom clearance for customers. By purchasing products through eglobal central, you authorise eglobal central to make arrangements for clearance of customs on your behalf for the products in your order. As importing products from overseas can be a hassle for most of our customers, we organise this process for you. We then provide you with fast local shipping to deliver the goods to your door. As a result, prices shown on this website are the final total you have to pay to have the order delivered to your door, without any hidden charges and customs delay."
    That means they pay tax in case they got cut.
    So I still do think it is safe to buy from them :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Another positive review here. I ordered a HTC One M8 from them and had it delivered within 5 days with a free universal charging cable included. It shipped from the UK and was delivered by UPS, there were no issues with customs.

Also worth mentioning, when I tried to order the phone a month ago after I had sent payment, they informed me it was out of stock and were not sure when it would be available again, they refunded my payment almost immediately which was good to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Ordered a 3300 camera and got a dispatched email. However, the tracking number didn't work so I don't know where the camera is at present. I'll panic if its not here this time next week ;-)

everlast75 wrote: »
    Ordered a 3300 camera and got a dispatched email. However, the tracking number didn't work so I don't know where the camera is at present. I'll panic if its not here this time next week ;-)

Delivered today - can't believe the speed of it! Ordered on Friday!!

Em... onscreen instructions all in Chinese!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭secman

How near is the local curry shop, they could read it and scroll to the option to chose english as the language ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭secman

How near is the local curry shop, they could read it and scroll to the option to chose english as the language ?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Trilla90

GerPower wrote: »
    Mt advice is order on a weekend or on a monday thats what i always did. Id highly recommend you get the Xiaomi power bank its the real one unlike the fakes on Ebay and it charges your phone really quick and its at a good price. Id also advise you to buy your sd cards too cus i paid €25 for a 16gb ultra class 10 in argos the price said €12.99 on the sticker but it was a different price at the till and i didnt notice until i had paid and Argos dont refund you only get a credit note.

A 32gb ultra class 10 on Eglobal is the same price as the 16gb you get on argos i have one but id highly advice you buy all with the phone cus my last time buying stuff here i bought over €50 worth of stuff but had to pay for delivery.

If you follow what i say you will be grand just know the bands on the phone i bought a LG G2 Mini here and its a great phone unreal battery life and you can replace it too happy buying.... oh use the free delivery option its just as quick good luck.....

thanks for the advice i never thought of getting a power bank too but if it there's a bargain to be had i might as well. Any reason why you'd order at weekend/Monday though? Is it to do with customs or something else

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Logie-1

Ordered a new Nikon D750 today- pacing the floor for the next 5 days:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 rcptrainer

I recently ordered a Sigma 50mm ART lens from them... haven't heard anything back yet, and today it looks like their website is down, I really hope this isn't the end of this company or I will have lost quite a few hundred euros...

Getting worried at this stage!!

If you're thinking about taking the plunge I would hold off for a few days and see if things return to normal...

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

rcptrainer wrote: »
    I recently ordered a Sigma 50mm ART lens from them... haven't heard anything back yet, and today it looks like their website is down, I really hope this isn't the end of this company or I will have lost quite a few hundred euros...

Getting worried at this stage!!

If you're thinking about taking the plunge I would hold off for a few days and see if things return to normal...

I've been saving for months for a Canon 7d mkii, every time I check this thread I am expecting to hear the tax man has caught up on them. Knowing my luck this will happen now just before I'm ready to buy, I'll never afford the Irish price with full VAT :(

Yes I've been checking their site all evening and it's still down :(

They also have a Facebook page but it's all quiet

• Advertisement

No access to their website for a while now, probably a temporary glitch.
    In any case if there is a problem and you've paid either by credit card or paypal all should be ok.

Just had a go logging onto their .co.uk website and it's fine, loads ok so probably a glitch with their .eu site

Guys, you had me worried there:eek:

I ordered mine through the uk site and all seems fine at the moment:)

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

.eu is back online. Popped onto their live chat they said they had a issue with their host out of their control.

Logie keep us posted. Try not to worry :)
    I'm still saving for my next purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

My M8 booted up in Chinese too, luckily the first screen was language selection and it was very easy to select English UK. Also some of the stock TV apps that came loaded on Android are for the Chinese market, not a big deal at all, just something to note!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 rcptrainer

Ok feeling very delighted this morning to say that the goods arrived (Sigma 50mm ART lens) but they really had me sweating for a few days when their site disappeared and there was no tracking code issued by the courier, that was only sent to me this morning when the goods had already arrived... but thought you all deserved an update and that it has had a happy ending :)

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭DK224

Scratch that just received a letter today from DHL with a €76 charge!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Logie-1 wrote: »
    Ordered a new Nikon D750 today- pacing the floor for the next 5 days:)

Really realy interested in how this plays out, thinking about this camera a LOT!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Aventure4

Oh, so sad to hear that, but on their website they said they will paid for the extra charges. Will you contact them ?

• Advertisement

Really realy interested in how this plays out, thinking about this camera a LOT!!

So far, i received an email this morning to say that it was being packed and will be despatched today.
    Aventure4 wrote: »
    Oh, so sad to hear that, but on their website they said they will paid for the extra charges. Will you contact them ?

Thats a bummer DK, I hope you get refunded, keep us informed.

Advertisement