Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E global central

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭IHPhoto

M.J.M.C wrote: »
    What did you buy?

Canon 6D

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭corkandproud

Ordered a Lens Tuesday, delivered Thursday.

Happy days....

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Aventure4

Sheeps wrote: »
    Cameras are not exempt from VAT, but they are exempt from Duty. If you get charged VAT eglobal should pay you back the cost. You probably wont tho.

They will refund the VAT as long as you give them the VAT invoice & the proof that you have payed for it, my friend had a successful experience on this, the VAT amount was refunded to his PayPal account.

So far I am very happy with eGlobal, fast and cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭IHPhoto

Seems to be a lot of happy customers here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I'm waiting on a regular delivery from Eglobal, does anyone know is regular delivery with an Post or courier?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

IrishHomer wrote: »
    I'm waiting on a regular delivery from Eglobal, does anyone know is regular delivery with an Post or courier?

Yippee!!!!!

My new Sony RX100 mk3 just arrived with DHL, ordered it last Tuesday arrives today Friday and NO VAT :)

Delighted as it has European charger plug

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bartondir

could't decide whatever go ahead and order or not but when i saw new oneplus one today in stock i gave up and ordered the phone.Its gonna be a long week of waiting ...

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭GerPower

bartondir wrote: »
    could't decide whatever go ahead and order or not but when i saw new oneplus one today in stock i gave up and ordered the phone.Its gonna be a long week of waiting ...

I hope you bought the global version which is the 64 GB as the 16 GB one is for the Chinese Market, but it does have nice specs for a phone that is well below what others are charging for the same hardware but i have heard that the 4G wont work here in Ireland as they left that frequency out. If you do get the phone let us know how it performs and I hope you avoid the Customs......

GerPower wrote: »
    I hope you bought the global version which is the 64 GB as the 16 GB one is for the Chinese Market, but it does have nice specs for a phone that is well below what others are charging for the same hardware but i have heard that the 4G wont work here in Ireland as they left that frequency out. If you do get the phone let us know how it performs and I hope you avoid the Customs......

4G is working fine in Ireland (my mate have one already),i know that phones bought in US have different frequency . Phone is leaving hong kong tonite so hpefully will have it by friday. Hopefully customs will stay away:)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 SLyn9745

Ordered Sony Xperia Z Ultra 20 mins ago using paypal, let ye no how it goes..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 ilavela

Ordered Canon EOS 70D Kit with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens Digital SLR Camera + Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Lenses just few minutes ago with insured shipping. Hope all goes well and I get it quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

ilavela wrote: »
    Ordered Canon EOS 70D Kit with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens Digital SLR Camera + Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Lenses just few minutes ago with insured shipping. Hope all goes well and I get it quickly.

Can you post back keep us updated? Be interested to know

Can you post back keep us updated? Be interested to know

Of course I will.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Ordered from these guys on Tuesday night. Currently just landed in Germany :D
    Very happy with the speed...fingers crossed now for a painless trip through customs. I only picked up something relatively cheap from the site to try it out but so far so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭corvus4906

Ordered from these guys on Tuesday night. Currently just landed in Germany :D
    Very happy with the speed...fingers crossed now for a painless trip through customs. I only picked up something relatively cheap from the site to try it out but so far so good.

what shipping method and payment method did you use?

Tempted to order a camera lens now from these guys after readin all the posts on this thread.
    Would like to know what method gives you the best chance....

Paypal + standard delivery? (not DHL to go snooping at VAT?)

corvus4906 wrote: »
    what shipping method and payment method did you use?

Tempted to order a camera lens now from these guys after readin all the posts on this thread.
    Would like to know what method gives you the best chance....

Paypal + standard delivery? (not DHL to go snooping at VAT?)

I actually had it Express dhl delivery which cost 3.95 extra or something like that. But as I pondered my purchase a popup appeared and gave me 5 euro off my total order :D
    I'll hold out singing their praises until I have the goods in my hands though.

GerPower wrote: »

you were right Ger phone came in today,no customs so happy out but it is chinesse version. Changing software to cyanogenmode took me 10 minutes tomorrow gonna test 4g but when i check bands is supporting 1800mhz same as my network (vodafone) so should be fine.

actually after further research vodafone's 4g wont work band 20 not supported by oneplus one,meteor and three should be fine

My Goodies arrived today :D simply fantastic service and price.
    Will be using them all the time now.

Just recieved email this morning saying it being packaged and dispatching soon. Wasn't in stock when I ordered Tuesday.. Now the long wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭GerPower

bartondir wrote: »
    you were right Ger phone came in today,no customs so happy out but it is chinesse version. Changing software to cyanogenmode took me 10 minutes tomorrow gonna test 4g but when i check bands is supporting 1800mhz same as my network (vodafone) so should be fine.

What version did you buy was it the 16GB or the 64GB? I was looking at a few websites and they were saying that the one plus was held in customs when it was being sent to the EU market and they had to be sent back because of some trading and trademark issue so lots of sites have the phone now so might explain why you got sent out the Chinese model, would you recommend the phone?

hey ger it was 16gb white ,chinese version withou cyanogen mod. First day was a nightmare none of the networks would work after installing cyanogen mod,kept disconnecting. So after hours of research i found the post about the same problem,basically after replacing software to cyanogen modem baseband stayed chinese so needed to flash that one to international version as well and now works perfect. I can say that the phone is brilliant quality and incredibly fast,so if u have an invite dont hesitate

Hi quick update, arrive from Hong Kong into Leipzig last night. Waited there until 9:30 this evening. Tracked it using flightradar24 and it has arrived in East Midlands. Hopefully 2morro..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

I want to order an S5 smartphone from this site, will I get refunded any customs charges that may be incurred? Thanks!

Emailed to say cleared customs at 7:45 this morning, no vat extra, hopefully have it later 2day!!

Sam Mac wrote: »
    I want to order an S5 smartphone from this site, will I get refunded any customs charges that may be incurred? Thanks!

I ask them on live chat b4 ordering and they said they will reimburse you if u ar charged VAT r anything extra

Quick update; there were some problems that my order refunded as they say they see my IP address or payment from "out of Ireland" (from company + paypal). Tried from my mobile + not paypal and it is ok. It is shipped this morning with DHL. Hope I can get it this week without any customs issue. Btw, refund from paypal was quicker than I expected, took just 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

SLyn9745 wrote: »
    I ask them on live chat b4 ordering and they said they will reimburse you if u ar charged VAT r anything extra

Just be aware they say they will reimburse you for VAT, duty is a different matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Just be aware they say they will reimburse you for VAT, duty is a different matter.

Not the case.

They just told me this on live chat:

''We ship our orders with special logistics arrangement and therefore all you will need to pay is the prices on website, no VAT, import fees nor hidden charges involved for the customer on any order. Any VAT or customs duties incurred will be settle by eGlobaL. The price you see on the website is the final price you pay for the product.''

I emailed myself the chat transcript in case they try to deny ever telling me that.

• Advertisement

Update: Have to wait till 2morro as package in DHL Galway depo and driver is not going today :/

Advertisement