Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E global central

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Bostitch12

Just ordered a Red LG G2 a few minutes ago from EGlobal Central.. Let the nervous wait begin......:)

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭arcius

Looking at the Canon EF 24-105 F4L but it says "White Box". Any idea what this means, is there a chance the lens is a knock off?

http://www.eglobalcentral.eu/canon-ef-24-105mm-f-4l-is-usm-lenses-white-box-en.html
    In the description in small letters it says: "White boxed lenses are split from a DSLR kit enabling us to offer the customer the same lens at a reduced cost. The lenses are all brand new and come with warranty."

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭arcius

Ordered my lens on Monday and got it today (Wednesday). love them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 logician

Ordered a camera on Sunday, and finally received the dispatched message today. Just wait to see if it clears customs easily...

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sarahn11

Another positive experience from these crowd. Ordered a Tascam Dr-40 on monday evening and received it today. Said on the DHL label it came from Hong-Kong, no customs charges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 cmcweb

Mine arrived today too - no problems whatsoever, just had to email proof of address on Tuesday, but was expecting that due to previous posts here. Camera (D7100) was dispatched via DHL express yesterday morning. I paid no extra for delivery - hope it's as speedy next time around!

Note: it came with a UK/IRL plug, however no manual (it's available as a download so no biggie!)

Will defo be using them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 logician

logician wrote: »
    Ordered a camera on Sunday, and finally received the dispatched message today. Just wait to see if it clears customs easily...

Yet another happy customer here! Just received my camera from the DHL guy. Speedy courier (<two days from HK to Dublin) and no VAT charged on the camera since the order slips marks as "camera parts".

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ocon12

Nikon D7100 arrived yesterday DHL bought on sunday used paypal no problem at all, 3 days from Hong Hong to West Cork hard to believe, manual in Chinese but got one online , charger had 3pin as well all good so far

• Registered Users Posts: 13 tukeeep

Gotta ask that have any of you guys ordered something twice within short period from Eglobal? As I received my 6D earlier this week I'd like to order some lenses for it from EG. If I order something from them, again, do you think that they declare the goods as some another stuff, like computer parts? (My 6D came as a "camera batteries" :D) Any of us doesn't want to got caught by customs but I'm just curious that does customs/DHL (or any carrier they may use) make like "notes" about that who has got what and when?

Their lens selection looks tasty though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 SLyn9745

tukeeep wrote: »
    Gotta ask that have any of you guys ordered something twice within short period from Eglobal? As I received my 6D earlier this week I'd like to order some lenses for it from EG. If I order something from them, again, do you think that they declare the goods as some another stuff, like computer parts? (My 6D came as a "camera batteries" :D) Any of us doesn't want to got caught by customs but I'm just curious that does customs/DHL (or any carrier they may use) make like "notes" about that who has got what and when?

Their lens selection looks tasty though :)

Hi just ordered again from eglobal, ordered chromecast only €27 (€39+10 delivery on google play store in Ireland!). Wait until u get an email from them giving u €6.99 off nxt order, if u haven't received it. write a review on trust pilot and link it to them on their live chat. Try THANKYOU699 and c if it works.. When I ordered my Sony Xperia z ultra it had "camera parts €18" and passed customs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭dusty207

I was looking for a compact replacement for my Nikon dslr as it'd be too bulky for the travelling I'm doing. Settled on the Panasonic LF1. €399 in pcworld and a little cheaper on Amazon. €179.99 on eglobal so I ordered, got another €7.99 off at checkout so total €172. Paid by Paypal. Ordered on Saturday and just got notification that DHL now have it. So fingers crossed. Even if I do get stung for VAT it'd still be nearly half price.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Bostitch12

Bostitch12 wrote: »
    Just ordered a Red LG G2 a few minutes ago from EGlobal Central.. Let the nervous wait begin......:)

Another happy customer. The LG G2 arrived today. EGlobal gets a big thumbs up.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 cmcweb

I ordered again. iPad mini retina on Friday morning - it arrived this morning!! No hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Aventure4

Just order again, D5300 Body for 419.99 from their Back-to-School Sale,

P.S. The prices on this page are really attractive, though mostly are DSLRs

eglobalcentral.eu/back-to-school-super-sale-extreme-price-cut-express.html

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭DK224

After lurking this thread for the last few days I think I'm gonna bite the bullet and buy a Sony Xperia Z2! Was just wondering has anyone else who has bought it on eGlobal had any problems using it over here?

Are you buying mobile or tablet?

If mobile, make sure you have checked that the network band of the phone is compatible in Ireland ;)

btw, Z2 Tablet is doing a great price now in the back to school promotion

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

After being VERY sceptical over E-Global and the people with 1 post count saying they had good experiences from it. Followed this thread since day one and finally placed an order.

Dropped €2,070 on a Canon 5D Mark III today.

Fingers crossed it makes it through ok

dusty207 wrote: »
    I was looking for a compact replacement for my Nikon dslr as it'd be too bulky for the travelling I'm doing. Settled on the Panasonic LF1. €399 in pcworld and a little cheaper on Amazon. €179.99 on eglobal so I ordered, got another €7.99 off at checkout so total €172. Paid by Paypal. Ordered on Saturday and just got notification that DHL now have it. So fingers crossed. Even if I do get stung for VAT it'd still be nearly half price.

Well, another happy camper. Camera just arrived, about 48 hrs door to door. English instructions and a UK 3 pin plug for usb charging. Excellent stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭corkandproud

arcius wrote: »
    In the description in small letters it says: "White boxed lenses are split from a DSLR kit enabling us to offer the customer the same lens at a reduced cost. The lenses are all brand new and come with warranty."

Ordered Monday night, delivered Thurs AM. It even included the hood. Just a pity I procrastinated and got caught for a €20 price increaseQ

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

M.J.M.C wrote: »
    After being VERY skeptical over E-Global and the people with 1 post count saying they had good experiences from it. Followed this thread since day one and finally placed an order.

Dropped €2,070 on a Canon 5D Mark III today.

Fingers crossed it makes it through ok

OK so as I said - most skeptical person about this and was very worried.
    But it was mentioned a few pages back, if you're not willing to pay the risks if it gets caught for customs - don't take the risk. Which I agree with.

With that in mind, I took the plunge - I had some issues with my bank and paypal that set me back a few days. I was then (as I thought) asked by E-Global to send proof of residence. I sent an old B&W copy of my (now expired) driving licence.
    This would actually set me back another day, as they didn't allow this.
    Their T&C's state they need a colour scan and it must show expiry.
    So I sent them an updated version and waited a day nearly for them to approve it.
    Jumped on their online chat and asked what the delay was - got a "hold on let me check the status" then it was immediately approved. Once this was done the ball started rolling, a lot faster than I thought.

I used the 10euro off coupon and during my paypal / bank issues the price had also dropped €10 - with that I decided to go with their express shipping 3-5 days.

It was Thursday (yesterday) when my order was approved and started, so I thought 3-5 days... maybe Mon...Tues latest? It arrived next day - today Friday.

Packaging and my tracking did state it contained batteries but the parcel itself did say DSLR.
    I order a 5D Mark III Body Only - I had read here that they take out the kit lens and sell that separately which is fine.
    So my box as I suspected is for the 5D with the 24-105L

They literally just opened the box to remove the Lens and they dropped in a 3 Pin plug for my battery.

I'm very happy with it. I would defo buy from them again, but I don't know how long their luck will last.
    I can imagine after a while they will stop paying the customs if you get caught and provide proof.
    They say they have a "special shipping arrangement" with their partner, so I'm not sure how long that will last. I know from this thread they did use UPS before,now it's DHL.

Anyway - sorry for the long post below are some pics to put anyone's mind at ease.
    Maybe don't bother with the Express 3-5 shipping, unless you're in a rush.

Some pics (the lens was bought in Dublin)
    http://imgur.com/a/AbceE

Hope this long post helps someone in some way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

Just ordered a 24-70mm f2.8 nikon, the start to my dx to fx changeover.All goes well I will be ordering either the DF or D810.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭RickyWed

Just ordered a 24-70mm f2.8 nikon, the start to my dx to fx changeover.All goes well I will be ordering either the DF or D810.

Get 810 it's more versatile, but the look of df is just bad ass :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Cosmicstring

After reading the reviews here I ordered a Canon 700D, arrived in UK within three days. Had to wait for delivery only due to weekend and UK bank holiday.

Excellent customer service I checked stock level with online chat and paid via PayPal. Delivered with UPS no additional charges. Camera arrived very well packaged with UK plug and camera language set to English with all CD's, original Canon box and English manual.
    I used PayPal, selected insured economy deliver and had no problems at all.
    Well pleased I would highly recommend this company and will be using again for Canon lenses.
    Thanks for posting your reviews as I would not have used this company otherwise and saved £165 on Currys or Jessops prices.
    Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

Missed my delivery today, a little earlier than expected. Roll on tomorrow.

A little news update on their website: Return goods to UK

eglobalcentral.eu/return-your-goods-to-uk-now.html

Does it mean that we can now return our goods (in case of needed) to UK instead of all the way to Hong Kong?

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭DK224

Another happy customer here, I decided to go for the Galaxy S5. Had to wait for them to get in stock but once they did it was shipped from Thailand last Friday 29th and arrived here on Monday 1st. Thumbs up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

So same as many here, read a lot about the site before finally ordering Samyang 14mm F2.8 for my Canon 1100D - A huge saving at €255 with insured DHL express shipping (using a €5.99 coupon), ordered Friday 29th and in my hands this morning with no Vat or Customs fees, happy days!

The package was well wrapped and the item itself is the real deal, no issues. An enclosed order form in the package states "Camera Gift Value $14" :rolleyes:

Well recommended!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 v_1

Also went for the Galaxy S5 from eglobal. Arrived in Dublin a week after ordering. Package included a free power plug converter. Phone is great! Recommended!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭tony-od

Have many people been caught for customs buying from this site.would really appreciate any info.I am really tempted

• Advertisement

Well, having bought a Panasonic LF1 at a very good price a few weeks back I saw that eglobal were selling Nikon mount Sigma 18-250 f/3.5-6.3 DC Macro lenses for an incredibly low €232 so off I went again. This time there was a 24 hour delay with the German customs having a look at the delivery. But having bought on Sunday I had it through to me on Thursday. Due to the delay I needed to redirect from my original address to another and I have to say that DHL were brilliant, the lens arrived in Dublin at 06.05 am, I emailed the new address at 7.22am and the lens arrived there at 11.45am. Outstanding. Only problem for anybody considering the lens is that it's now gone up to €260.

Advertisement