Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E global central

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭johal

i got a canon 50 f1.8 prime lens today . i ordered it on monday. no problems and dhl delivery, it was a trial run for a sony rx100 . so i will buy again

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭asark

I got Ninon 5300 with 18-55 Lens from e global - very prompt delivery.
    Thinking of getting 24-70 Lens, but it's pricy. Any recommendation for an equivalent lens for Nikon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

asark wrote: »
    Thinking of getting 24-70 Lens, but it's pricy. Any recommendation for an equivalent lens for Nikon?

I just recently bought the 24-70mm and I am very happy with it, I have tested it against my 16-85mm VR and to be honest with my D300 I cannot tell any difference on a quick test of 3 photos each of the lenses using the same subject. So I would highly recommend the 16-85mm especially if you are sticking with the DX format

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

asark wrote: »

Then Tamron version of the 24-70 seems to be highly regarded and a lot cheaper than than the Nikon equivalent, although I dont have any first hand experience with it.

I just recently bought the 24-70mm and I am very happy with it, I have tested it against my 16-85mm VR and to be honest with my D300 I cannot tell any difference on a quick test of 3 photos each of the lenses using the same subject. So I would highly recommend the 16-85mm especially if you are sticking with the DX format

The 24-70 is a faster lens though and constant throughout the range, something to consider as well if thats important to the buyer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Zebrano

If I order from e global.eu is it still sent from China or is it sent from eu with regards import tax

• Registered Users Posts: 5 rcptrainer

After reading all the posts on here I took the plunge last week and ordered a canon 6D, with 16-35mm F2.8 L Lens, it all arrived this morning, took 3 days once i had proved my address and visa card were legitimate, would use them again. Thanks to all your contributors.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 rcptrainer

After reading all the posts on here I took the plunge last week and ordered a canon 6D, with 16-35mm F2.8 L Lens, it all arrived this morning, took 3 days once i had proved my address and visa card were legitimate, no customs tax, docket stated camera parts for 14 euros, would use them again. Thanks to all your contributors.

Have a lens on the way from them. Left Hong Kong this morning after ordering Wednesday late Tuesday night.

Will let you know how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 tukeeep

I have ordered twice from eGlobal, second order included 24-105L and 40mm by Canon - both well packed and delivery happened in four days.

Just curious, has anybody bought an phone recently from them? I'd be interested in ordering HTC One M8/ iPhone 5S from 'em but I was wondering will the LTE (and all the other connection features) work in Europe, Finland? Last year I bought an iPhone 5 from another same kind of reseller, and my phone was CMDA version by Verizon (A1429), so it was impossible to use LTE in Finland, all the other connections like 3G worked brilliantly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Aventure4

Btw, i like this session, considering the 90euro off for a Nikon DF...

eglobalcentral.eu/fall-sale-extreme-price-cut-express.html

adox wrote: »
    Have a lens on the way from them. Left Hong Kong this morning after ordering Wednesday late Tuesday night.

Will let you know how I get on.

Lens arrived here in work this morning. No extra charges. Looks brand new and what I ordered. Will stick it on the camera later when I get home but happy enough. Online tracking from the moment it left Hong Kong too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭vandriver

Did the box have a fraudulent customs declaration on it?

vandriver wrote: »
    Did the box have a fraudulent customs declaration on it?

It didnt have any valuation on it. It was marked as "lens" with no value.

Edit: Just found paperwork attached to the outside with a declaration of €14 for camera parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 tukeeep

tukeeep wrote: »
    Just curious, has anybody bought an phone recently from them? I'd be interested in ordering HTC One M8/ iPhone 5S from 'em but I was wondering will the LTE (and all the other connection features) work in Europe, Finland? Last year I bought an iPhone 5 from another same kind of reseller, and my phone was CMDA version by Verizon (A1429), so it was impossible to use LTE in Finland, all the other connections like 3G worked brilliantly.

Anyone!? :)

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭arcius

tukeeep wrote: »
    Anyone!? :)

Thanks
    I think you should ask them directly - that would be the easiest way. You can chat live with them ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,237 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Hi folks,

I spotted this

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/nikon-d3300-kit-with-18-55mm-vr-ii-lens-digital-slr-camera-red.html

This was incorrectly listed at 404e in Argos and I missed out. Its now at 540e (ish) and therefore I would be keen to make up for this missed out deal.

Are they safe to deal with? I am travelling out to the US Wed week and would like to have it for the trip!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,237 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

everlast75 wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I spotted this

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/nikon-d3300-kit-with-18-55mm-vr-ii-lens-digital-slr-camera-red.html

This was incorrectly listed at 404e in Argos and I missed out. Its now at 540e (ish) and therefore I would be keen to make up for this missed out deal.

Are they safe to deal with? I am travelling out to the US Wed week and would like to have it for the trip!

Feck it - I placed the order - fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Blowheads

stuck the toe in the water and ordered a canon 70d 18-135 lens. almost 500 cheaper that anywhere else bar refurbished from US.
    have to wait now for the Chinese holidays to end and hope it gets shipped on Friday, will let ye know how it goes.
    BTW based on more pro comments in this thread I decided to go with them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

has anybody bought from e global & had it delivered to parcel motel?
    not a chance of me being able to be home for an ordinary delivery...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

I think you'll have to give proof of your address by sending a picture of your drivers licence. If you use parcel motel id give the Irish address they give you.
    Cause if they see the UK address it will look odd to them.

M.J.M.C wrote: »
    I think you'll have to give proof of your address by sending a picture of your drivers licence. If you use parcel motel id give the Irish address they give you.
    Cause if they see the UK address it will look odd to them.

i would use the dublin address, but it won't match my drivers license. i don't understand why they need that though, if you pay via paypal!

I had mine delivered to work. Didn't need to show any id when ordering. Was no problem with a separate delivery address to the credit card address.

adox wrote: »
    I had mine delivered to work. Didn't need to show any id when ordering. Was no problem with a separate delivery address to the credit card address.

sweet, thanks for that! did you pay via paypal or direct credit card?

sweet, thanks for that! did you pay via paypal or direct credit card?

I paid with my credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Aventure4

btw, for those who are interested ,

Here's 20€ Coupon Code for Canon SX60>> htt p://woobox.com/i9n8jz

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭GerPower

Just bought a few light items like SD cards a power bank and some headphones which came to €65 but with a €6.99 discount code this then came to €58 and i was sure i'd get free shipping as i still spent over €50 i only put a few extra items there to reach the free shipping amount, but it seems Eglobal charge for shipping regardless of this for light packages so just be on the look out, free shipping only applies if you spend more than €100 and if its a boxed item like a phone.

Lesson learned but still saved way more on the SD cards than i would have if i had of shopped in Argos or Amazon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

anyone have to deal with their warranty service yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Sam Mac wrote: »
    anyone have to deal with their warranty service yet?

Yeah would love to hear about this as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

Just ordered myself a 24-105mm f4L. They're the cheapest they've been in a while, with the discount code got it for €515. Dispatched this morning. Was in need of a decent walk around lens.

Advertisement