Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E global central

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭arcius

RazzaMataz wrote: »
    My order (tablet) has been held in Customs for undervaluation, sob. Waiting to hear what the VAT etc will be, and then fingers crossed eGlobal will refund it like they promised.

That is sad... Please do update on that how it goes

For everyone if you got something from somewhere FAR AWAY and not sure how much you would pay import tax, vat etc if got cut by tax man, try this website. It is very accurate. The only problem with it is you have just first 5 checks for free. after that this service is expensive :)http://www.dutycalculator.com/new-import-duty-and-tax-calculation/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

6D ordered, hopefully no extra charges.

Ugh, Paypal have blocked my payment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Sheeps wrote: »
    Ugh, Paypal have blocked my payment.

I used CC, I haven't used paypal in a long time. Is there any reason why they blocked the payment?

• Advertisement

I used CC, I haven't used paypal in a long time. Is there any reason why they blocked the payment?

It seems standard practice for valuable goods. Reduces the risk for Paypal in facilitating the payment should it turn out to be fraudulent. Would have thought the business account that eglobal were using might have some level of verification with Paypal in order for them to fast track payments.

Been asking about cancelling the order to see if they might put a bit of steam behind getting the funds settled.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Their prices seem to have increased quite a bit lately.

1,139.99 for a 6D, down from 1,149.99

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

1,139.99 for a 6D, down from 1,149.99

Weird. The couple of things Ive been keeping an eye on have shot up in price.

adox wrote: »
    Weird. The couple of things Ive been keeping an eye on have shot up in price.
    You have to check all the time as prices goes up and down. They do sales during bank holiday weekends. Basically you just have to check that website daily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 D.P.S

I wish I never bought from eglobal.After waiting Impatiently for 2 weeks,I got a message from DHL saying it was impounded by custums.On advice from eglobal ihad to to pay 75 euro vat on a gopro camera I bought for 315. They said they would refund after.They advertise on thier wesite "no vat on imports".I still havn't recieved the vat refund and eglobal's communication is terrible. NO REPLY FROM EMAILS FOR WEEKS, then they give you the run around.Now I have discovered a fault in the camera.Id say my chances of getting a refund or replacement are 0.00005 %. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.BE WARNED

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭GerPower

D.P.S wrote: »
    I wish I never bought from eglobal.After waiting Impatiently for 2 weeks,I got a message from DHL saying it was impounded by custums.On advice from eglobal ihad to to pay 75 euro vat on a gopro camera I bought for 315. They said they would refund after.They advertise on thier wesite "no vat on imports".I still havn't recieved the vat refund and eglobal's communication is terrible. NO REPLY FROM EMAILS FOR WEEKS, then they give you the run around.Now I have discovered a fault in the camera.Id say my chances of getting a refund or replacement are 0.00005 %. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.BE WARNED

I was waiting for someone on this thread to finally get caught hard luck that on that one, it is a roll of the dice and i was put off EGlobal when they changed their terms and conditions on the vat and duty a few weeks ago as some others have pointed out.

Did you pay by Paypal if so id advise taking out a dispute asap as Paypal can be difficulty to deal with if you have a problem too and call dont do it by email i found that out with a dodgy dealer on Ebay last year. Paypal did everything they could to delay me and make sure i didnt get my complaint in before the 45 days.

Assumptions assumptions. I really do dislike assumptions... and this thread is just full of them.

Have you followed their returns procedure? The risk is quite evident in purchasing products outside the EU. The lack of VAT is why the producsts are so cheap. If you are going to take a risk, whatever it is, you should factor this into your calculations and see if you can afford to pay it. If you can and you are happy to do so, then take the risk.

In a lot of cases, paying the VAT on top of the product still works out a lot cheaper than purchasing from a local shop. You are supposed to declare any purchases to customs anyway, so if you purchase again from a grey market, calculate the costs of VAT on top and see how it goes ;)
    GerPower wrote: »
    I was waiting for someone on this thread to finally get caught hard luck that on that one, it is a roll of the dice and i was put off EGlobal when they changed their terms and conditions on the vat and duty a few weeks ago as some others have pointed out.

Did you pay by Paypal if so id advise taking out a dispute asap as Paypal can be difficulty to deal with if you have a problem too and call dont do it by email i found that out with a dodgy dealer on Ebay last year. Paypal did everything they could to delay me and make sure i didnt get my complaint in before the 45 days.

I think a few others have had their products held by customs. I also would follow eglobals returns procedure and maybe give Paypal a heads up to say you have recieved a faulty product and would like to return it but are a little wary of receiving the funds/new product?

Order being processed. Hope it's in stock now that it took them about 3 days to accept my proof of address. Fingers crossed for customs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Batman69

I received a Canon 6D this morning from eGlobal

No problems
    & no extra custom charges

Bought it last Tuesday
    Took about 2 days to process,
    dispatched on Thursday evening
    & arrived at Midday
    (using Priority Postage)

Would use them again

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

Batman69 wrote: »
    I received a Canon 6D this morning from eGlobal

No problems
    & no extra custom charges

Bought it last Tuesday
    Took about 2 days to process,
    dispatched on Thursday evening
    & arrived at Midday
    (using Priority Postage)

Would use them again

Thank you for that E-Global employee

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Batman69

M.J.M.C wrote: »

Don't think so bud

After reading they changed the T&C's
    I was a little worried
    took the risk anyway
    & wanted to let everyone here know

But I still don't know what their Warranty is like if something breaks
    Fingers crossed I suppose

Kea is good too
    I will just buy from whichever is cheaper

???

They probably don't even know boards.ie exists.

The site is obviously working for the majority of people.

???

They probably don't even know boards.ie exists.

The site is obviously working for the majority of people.

Joke, sorry guess it didn't come across well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭ValueInIreland

I don't want to add to your woes, but beware that if the camera leaves the country and is re-imported you could also be caught for the Duty and VAT when it re-enters the Country.
    GoPro's (Hero3+ Blacks) are now down to €399 in some places in Ireland.

• Advertisement

6D arrived today. No charges

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭mefistos

just bought headphones... came today.. no probs... no extra cost... only downside was when it went from Germany to macedonia :D but still it took just 1 week... :)

6D arrived today. No charges

Was the box opened? Did it include the correct charger etc?

Was the box opened? Did it include the correct charger etc?

Box was opened, because it was a kit lens and I bought the body only. They obviously removed the 24-105mm f4 so they could white box it. Other than that it was sealed in bubble wrap and the box itself was sealed and looked un-tampered with.

The charger is a Japanese socket charger but it includes an adapter that is not incredibly sturdy. I'll probably replace this or get a better adapter maybe. Overall I've saved about €780 and if I had payed vat I still would have saved €400.

The language in the instructions and by default on the camera are also in Japanese. Not an issue tho. Overall completely satisfied.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 DC403l

Just a word of warning for anybody considering buying off this crowd. I ordered a smartphone off them at the end of april, got delivered no problems but much to my dismay, the phone was broken and it arrived USED (no sort of factory seal on it)

I chased them up about it and they were incredibly slow at responding to my emails and when they did reply, they kept on flogging me off. I had to open up a paypal dispute and because of how far away hong kong is, I'm going to be out on €60 in shipping which they stated in a email that they will not refund

"... customer is required to return the item to us at customer cost, please advise the tracking no to us once you have sent back the item, thanks"

so yeah, I'd really advise not to order off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Tom3544

does anybody know if you have to pay import duty and taxes for importing a mobile phone into ireland? i found out online that you dont have to pay any duty or extra tax if it gets stopped by customs.

Tom3544 wrote: »
    does anybody know if you have to pay import duty and taxes for importing a mobile phone into ireland? i found out online that you dont have to pay any duty or extra tax if it gets stopped by customs.

if you get caught then yes... my friend ordered 3 mobile phones from china... he didnt pay tax and duty for 2 of them but for the last one he had to pay it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Piotrek82

I ordered Galaxy Tab Pro and arrived to Cork in 2 days!!!Had no problems with them and customs,quick and cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 rocuronium

I ordered a Nikon lens from them a week ago. I paid through PayPal and the money was debited from my credit card count. The transaction was put on hold pending identification and proof of address. I sent a scanned copy of my drivers licence and a utility bill (they list drivers licence/passport/government ID card as acceptable; documents have to be in colour). Now they want another form of ID saying that there is no expiry date on my driving licence. They also want an email from a "work/paid" email address to confirm again my order.

I refuse to send colour scans of my passport around the world to anyone and have told them so. I' buying a lens, not opening a bank account. I have also told them I don't use work email addresses for personal shopping (I used hotmail for the transaction). I have opened a disupte with PayPal pending a reply from them.

I'm starting to regret placing the order...

• Advertisement

rocuronium wrote: »
    I ordered a Nikon lens from them a week ago. I paid through PayPal and the money was debited from my credit card count. The transaction was put on hold pending identification and proof of address. I sent a scanned copy of my drivers licence and a utility bill (they list drivers licence/passport/government ID card as acceptable; documents have to be in colour). Now they want another form of ID saying that there is no expiry date on my driving licence. They also want an email from a "work/paid" email address to confirm again my order.

I refuse to send colour scans of my passport around the world to anyone and have told them so. I' buying a lens, not opening a bank account. I have also told them I don't use work email addresses for personal shopping (I used hotmail for the transaction). I have opened a disupte with PayPal pending a reply from them.

I'm starting to regret placing the order...

to be honest its in the Terms and Conditions (that they may require a proof of address...) and by purchasing an item you agreed to them.. if you didnt read them before buying anything its your problem really... so the only thing you should regret is not reading terms and conditions...

Advertisement