Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E global central

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭GerPower

crx=== wrote: »
    O.k so I placed an order for a galaxy note 3, on the Saturday 3rd of May..... 5 days on and the order is still 'processing' even though the item is in stock.Yesterday I emailed them through the site service and still no comunication!!!! Starting to get worried at this point that I'll be one of the horror stories.Anyone had similar experience on 'processing' delay ??

I really wouldnt worry about it, its possibly not in stock but when i ordered they made me wait a few days to send them photo ID, a scanned copy of my Credit Card with the digits blocked out just revealing the last four and a statement to confirm my address and i paid by Pay Pal.

So dont be surprised if you have to send all that too, they do ask for a utility bill also but just explain that you dont have any bills in your name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

You know on the DHL tracking they send you, it says "Customs status updated", there's no message after that, so if you were to pay duty on the item you ordered, would it say it here?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 BLUEOAK

O.k so I placed an order for a galaxy note 3, on the Saturday 3rd of May..... 5 days on and the order is still 'processing' even though the item is in stock.Yesterday I emailed them through the site service and still no comunication!!!! Starting to get worried at this point that I'll be one of the horror stories.Anyone had similar experience on 'processing' delay ??

Ditto on 'processing' dealy for me - I place a order on Sunday 4th of may for a 17-55mm Canon lens and it was still 'processing' on Wednesday. As Arcius said there is an option to 'live chat' where I asked for an update and when it would be shipped. They said 1-2 days more and when I said I wanted to cancel they offerred to not charge me posting saving €17. Today Friday I see the status is 'proceessing' still. Had I not read the positive experiences on this forum I would have been very worried indeed. I'm still a little concerned but I am in no mad hurry really. Will update on progress...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

anmonliv wrote: »
    Oh people, its just a nightmare.
    I ordered 25.apr. still not here.
    I arrived to ireland 29.apr
    So it's been sitting there since than.
    Paid import tax more than a week ago.
    Every day useless update"clearance delay"
    Every day i ring DHL, they say it should have been cleared customs. Tomorrow first to send this out to me.
    Every day they tell me some rubbish but nothing changes.
    One day DHL contacted customs cause they would not bother to contact me, they said they d made scanning mistake.
    So people in DHL,Customs don't know where, please wake up from f...ing dream and deliver my item!!!!!!!
    It's friday again and weekend is here and things not moving around,
    Wondering what if there was no electricity, water, internet, etc. on weekends.???????

Yikes, doesn't sound good :( Sorry to hear you are having issues. It's more to do with DHL and Customs than Eglobalcentral though. Can't fault them for it.

On the other hand, I ordered my lens on Monday night and it has arrived this morning :)

Canon 100mm F2.8L, my weekend has been booked up for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭mdebets

Chase3 wrote: »
    Yeah they simply label it as something like 'computer parts' with a value of around 18 euro. Customs sees that and you pay no extra charges. However customs can find out what it really is if they look a little deeper. It tends to happen once every now and then. Maybe it's a random check thing they do.
    Sorry, but this information is simply not true.
    It is the responsibility of the person importing something, ie. the buyer, to make sure that the proper customs duty and VAT is paid. The package having the wrong value declared on it, or not being stopped by customs during the delivery, doesn't men no duty and VAT has to be paid. THE BUYER has to inform revenue about the value of the imported goods (inclusive shipping) and pay the appropriate duty and VAT. If he doesn't do it, it's tax evasion and illegal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭crx===

O.k so got a reply this evening , apparently its not in stock and they are asking for an additional few days for re-stocking.It still says its in stock on their website. I'm just worried that that my paypal clock is ticking away on this transaction and it still has to be delivered. They have given me a choice to cancel in fairness.
    If it gets stopped by customs I don't think I could afford the additional VAT at 23%. If I can't pay it will it be confiscated or returned, and if it's returned would I get a refund ?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭arcius

STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP

Now guys, I realized a change in their t&c's
    Few weeks ago when I ordered my first item with them I read terms and conditions and it said you don't pay any extra - no tax or vat. Now look what they say in their t&c's - I think they got cut or something...:

Terms, 09/04/2014 Overview of business conditions.

16. Import, VAT & Customs

16.1 By purchasing any goods through eglobalcentral.eu, you agree to accept and comply with any responsibilities incurred in the process of importing your purchase to your country in accordance with all laws and regulations of the country which your purchase of goods are received. You also, agree and authorize eglobalcentral.eu to ship your purchases and make arrangements for customs clearance on your behalf for the purchase you have made, as well as agree that you are the sole importer for your purchase of goods for all purpose and egobalcentral.eu role is only limited in sourcing your purchase from other countries and making your purchased goods available on the site for you to purchase and import to your country where goods are received. Under no circumstances will eglobaldigitalstore.co.uk plays the role of importer of the purchased goods nor will eglobaldigitalstore.co.uk be liable and responsible to any liabilities arising under the laws and regulations, including but not limited to customs regulations, custom holds/detentions/seizures of purchased goods, copyright and trademark laws, of the country that goods are received for the import of such goods.
    16.2 When ordering goods from eglobalcentral.eu, import duties and tax are applicable on overseas deliveries, which are levied once the package of purchased goods reached specified destination. The import duties and taxes levied on the invoiced order, as well as courier’s custom handling fee and any indirectly related tax and duties arise from custom policies are responsibility of the buyer/recipient, eglobalcentral.eu has no control over these import duties or taxes. Any additional charges for custom clearance must be borne by you.
    16.3 Customs clearance process may mandate the opening and inspection of oversea deliveries. eglobalcentral.eu has no control on such procedure.
    16.4 Custom polices vary widely from different countries; hence you should contact your local customs office for further information.

Let's look for a new grey importer :)
    To crx: you may wait (so I will do I) or you can cancel your order if it is in "process".
    For me it is suspicious as the last time they shiped the next day. Now few days after order and still in "process"...
    Will update on that

OK guys, I just canceled my order. Will see how it goes ;)
    Here is the confirmation email:
    Please do cancel my order ............
    That include:
    Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Lenses
    Code: CLENCAN00039
    1 €84.99 €84.99
    Canon EOS 60D Body Only Digital SLR Camera
    Code: CDSRCAN00013
    1 €455.99 €455.99
    Subtotal: €540.98
    Order discount: €5.99
    Coupon: BUY599
    Shipping cost: €0.00
    Total cost: €534.99

I hope the refund transaction will be done ASAP.

Thank you

arcius wrote: »
    OK guys, I just canceled my order. Will see how it goes ;)
    Here is the confirmation email:
    Please do cancel my order ............
    That include:
    Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Lenses
    Code: CLENCAN00039
    1 €84.99 €84.99
    Canon EOS 60D Body Only Digital SLR Camera
    Code: CDSRCAN00013
    1 €455.99 €455.99
    Subtotal: €540.98
    Order discount: €5.99
    Coupon: BUY599
    Shipping cost: €0.00
    Total cost: €534.99

I hope the refund transaction will be done ASAP.

Thank you

All good things come to an end like i said before i had a win and i was getting out before i got bit, thanks for pointing the new T&C's.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭crx===

O.k so I've got cold feet on this one and cancelled my order for the n9005 this morning. Wish I hadn't been so hasty. I will try to look for one closer to home whenever my refund comes through and gather a bit more money.
    In retrospect had it gone successfully and been stopped by customs I would have to pay import duty on something that may or may not have been 100%, and in the off chance it was faulty...back to China and the same issues all over again.
    Had it come through customs and was 100% it would been a win win situation.
    I am begining to think all these grey exporters get away with customs until they get discovered and after that they hit the radar each time they hit customs/sorting office scanner, so with that in mind luck may have run out on this one.
    The fact they have changed their t&c regarding customs even thought they misslead people by telling them that what they see is what they pay only in their 'about' section, also no comunication for 5 days and telling me then that they have to restock even though the website say it's in stock and available has left me with a sour taste.
    Advice from boardsies was appreciated.
    Hopefully I won't have more issues with refunding

• Advertisement

O.k so I've got cold feet on this one and cancelled my order for the n9005 this morning. Wish I hadn't been so hasty. I will try to look for one closer to home whenever my refund comes through and gather a bit more money.
    In retrospect had it gone successfully and been stopped by customs I would have to pay import duty on something that may or may not have been 100%, and in the off chance it was faulty...back to China and the same issues all over again.
    Had it come through customs and was 100% it would been a win win situation.
    I am begining to think all these grey exporters get away with customs until they get discovered and after that they hit the radar each time they hit customs/sorting office scanner, so with that in mind luck may have run out on this one.
    The fact they have changed their t&c regarding customs even thought they misslead people by telling them that what they see is what they pay only in their 'about' section, also no comunication for 5 days and telling me then that they have to restock even though the website say it's in stock and available has left me with a sour taste.
    Advice from boardsies was appreciated.
    Hopefully I won't have more issues with refunding

I think that was a wise call but i have done a little research on them and they have several domains with eglobal assigned and one is eglobaldigital.co.uk and there is reviews to be found where people who did buy from them and didn't get charged vat or duty being sent a letter six weeks to two months later requesting the sum owed.

So i dont think there is a win win when buying from these guys but time will tell if people get these letters also.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭versager

I actually haven't noticed there's a thread dedicated to eglobalcentral.eu in photography section of boards.ie:D. Now I've gone through the whole thread reading about (in majority of cases) successful stories of items delivered on time, without extra VAT/duty/tax fees to be paid. So far, after I've discovered their website through google ad back in January (naturally suspicious at first, eventually pulled the trigger), gradually ordered 1xNikon camera and 4 lenses from them (one is in Dublin waiting to be delivered to me Monday as I type this) and in each single case there were no issues present whatsoever. I mean within 1 week (incl. the weekend) since I've transferred funds through PayPal I could enjoy the goods straight away. Now, just to be on a safe side (call me a bit paranoid), I keep ordering one camera lens once a month (usually the end of it), DHL delivers while checking the tracking number closely online as expected. No fees paid at all.

They keep changing their prices here and then on certain lenses (up or down in tens of Euro), keep an eye on various special offers on Bank Holidays. Fridays seem to be those days when a specific "thing" gets a €40 discount (HTC ONE M8 right now) and the deal lasts until end of Sunday.

Just seeing the note about changed T&C in their Import, VAT & Customs policy mentioned above, I'm starting to be worried a bit. I'll report back here if anything's changed in this area (at least for me). So far the trick with "camera parts" worth of less than €20 (never saw less during my customer journey with these HongKong lads) worked as a charm, so we will see... no letters from DHL on the horizon as of today, either.

I suspect, as time goes by, DHL will notice the increased interest (if they already haven't started doing so) and the popularity of eglobalcentral will begin to decrease. Until then, one has to use as much out of it as possible:).

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

GerPower wrote: »
    .. i have done a little research on them and they have several domains with eglobal assigned and one is eglobaldigital.co.uk

They list all their domains on the front page of their website...
    As you said it's not going to swimingly for the .co.uk users anymore also, and for that reason... I'm afraid i'm out! Wish I had the money at the time to grab a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

So people are paying vat on imports now?

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Chase3

Really interesting to read the ongoing stories, keep it up! Sorry to hear about the various problems. I guess all good things do come to an end, however I still saved 400 on a great camera so I'm happy to try again. I figure that even if I have to pay vat, it might still be cheaper, I'll check the price plus vat before ordering. I believe at least that they will send the product, and that it will be genuine. As for the individual who said that I was wrong because it was illegal, I never said it was 'legal,' **** the system! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭MarkN

Fairly sure the updated T&Cs are just EGlobal covering themselves. They are not saying you'll be charged they are saying you are responsible if you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭versager

Just a quick update for my latest order: Samyang lens (Nikon mount) delivered by DHL to my workplace safely, no extra fees to be paid to courier on spot, labeled as camera parts worth of 18 euro in this case. Well packed and protected, lens came brand new in original box with black pouch, lens cover hood (front and back) and even a lens test certificate added. Quickly tested and all seems to be fine (no focus issues with this particular sample:)).

Planning to get a Sigma lens end of this month/start of next month. For now, eglobalcentral.eu works for me.

versager wrote: »
    Just a quick update for my latest order: Samyang lens (Nikon mount) delivered by DHL to my workplace safely, no extra fees to be paid to courier on spot, labeled as camera parts worth of 18 euro in this case. Well packed and protected, lens came brand new in original box with black pouch, lens cover hood (front and back) and even a lens test certificate added. Quickly tested and all seems to be fine (no focus issues with this particular sample:)).

Planning to get a Sigma lens end of this month/start of next month. For now, eglobalcentral.eu works for me.

You are braver than i am, from looking over the other threads on google it appears its mostly phones that seem to get caught with the duty in the UK, but it wont be long until all these cheap camera parts get a spot check. I guess its all to do if it turns out cheaper even after you pay vat and duty then its worth the risk but in most cases for phones and tablets it seems that if you get caught the product turns out more expensive. Well done on getting your new lens all the same.

Just to update - my order was still processing yesterday (Monday). When I chatted with them yesterday they said everything was now in stock and would ship 'shortly'. Read the comments on here on Sunday and got very worried. I had planned on cancelling my order today as it was 'processing' for over a week at this stage. Although having purchased through paypal reassured me a little. Anyway they offered me a camera cleaning kit €3.99 - wow. Anyway I am obviously easily bought - plus I wanted to see this thing through to the end now - fool that I am! Although it still says 'processing' on the website, I did receive two emails overnight saying 1) my order was packed 2) my order was sent. It may take up to 48 hours for respective courier to update the status of the shipment in their website. Again only for reading similar procedures on here I would have been very worried and would have cancelled. Anyway I will update on next stage....

What's the deal with the warranty if you buy through this website?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

Sheeps wrote: »
    What's the deal with the warranty if you buy through this website?

http://www.eglobalcentral.eu/warranty-policy-eu.html

M.J.M.C wrote: »

I was thinking more in terms of how does ordering from China affect your warranty with the manufacturer?

Nevermind.
    Please note that all our products are imported goods and will not come with manufacturer's warranty but instead we will cover the warranty through our own company.

OK I'm a bit surprised as I have just taken delivery of my lens from eGlobal at lunchtime. I wasn't expecting it to arrive to at least Friday or even next week. Just unwrapped now and it looks fine, well packed, wrapped in bubble wrap, in canon box etc and it smells new! The camera cleaning kit was also included and I received an email fom paypal for €17 returning cost of postage as promised for the delay. Looking forward to trying it outn now. Most importantly no other charges so far! Anyway delighted - thanks to all here for your updates - I wouldn't have stuck with it only for ye!

As I mentioned before I did cancel my order on friday. On monday I got an email asking me why did I want to cancel my order, that they are "... regret to hear that you would like to cancel the order..." bla bla bla. So after short conversation I decided to keep the order. For that I got additional items (cleaning kit, strap etc) plus 10 euro cash back. I also said that if the order will not be sent till tmr (tuesday) evening I will defo cancel it. So on tuesday I got tracking number and today (thursday) my order is with delivery man :) should be with me within next few hours. That was quick :) Will update on this again

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Stanlel43

Hi guys,

So I made the plunge and ordered from them on Monday. Such a quick service. Arrived with me this evening (Thursday). Bubble wrapped and everything in tact.
    No charges on top so I'm delighted!
    I would definitely order with them again.

here the same :) Arrived few hours ago. All original. No problems at all. Probably was a bit scared about their T&C's change, but seems to me service still the same quick as before. By the way one thing spotted. Each time I order something from them, in the declaration attached to the parcel says it been sent from different companies every time. I presume this is for not to cut :) smart :) Will order again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 RazzaMataz

My order (tablet) has been held in Customs for undervaluation, sob. Waiting to hear what the VAT etc will be, and then fingers crossed eGlobal will refund it like they promised.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

Hey everyone, was thinking of ordering the canon g16 from this website, it's much cheaper than anywhere I can find online, with eBay or Amazon or anywhere on the high street, any recommendations on any other sites? Or did anyone have a particularly good experience with this site? Thanks!

• Advertisement

gillapino wrote: »
    Hey everyone, was thinking of ordering the canon g16 from this website, it's much cheaper than anywhere I can find online, with eBay or Amazon or anywhere on the high street, any recommendations on any other sites? Or did anyone have a particularly good experience with this site? Thanks!
    I think here is enough different experiences. Just read it from a start ;)

Advertisement