Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E global central

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭maddogcollins

Update: The lens departed Hong Kong on Friday, Germany Saturday, UK Sunday and cleared customs in Shannon this morning. It is with delivery courier now, so hopefully I have it this afternoon. If so and if it is what I ordered I am going to be a very happy man. €350 cheaper than anywhere else I have seen. That €350 can be used on a lot more equipment.

Will update on the delivery later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

Update: The lens departed Hong Kong on Friday, Germany Saturday, UK Sunday and cleared customs in Shannon this morning. It is with delivery courier now, so hopefully I have it this afternoon. If so and if it is what I ordered I am going to be a very happy man. €350 cheaper than anywhere else I have seen. That €350 can be used on a lot more equipment.

Will update on the delivery later on.

Would you mind posting pics of packaging etc? I'm very keen to buy from here
    Would really really appreciate it

Thanks mate

M.J.M.C wrote: »
    Would you mind posting pics of packaging etc? I'm very keen to buy from here
    Would really really appreciate it

Thanks mate

Sure no problem MJMC. Hopefully get to it this evening if it makes it to my house :)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭GerPower

I was wondering did anyone else have this issue, Today i was asked for a statement for my Credit Card and a list of other documents. I did notice this happened to others on the thread who paid by credit card so it seems odd. I paid by PayPal so im a little confused as to why they would have to check and see if i was the correct customer. I did send them back a copy of my latest statement with just the last four digits showing, it just seems a little odd all the same.

Hi guys,

All arrived safe and sound. Well packaged,lots of bubble wrap,brand new box all documents new also. Very happy and will certainly use again.

As regards docs..I think it's to verify you own the card,just a safety thing..

• Advertisement

Hi guys,

All arrived safe and sound. Well packaged,lots of bubble wrap,brand new box all documents new also. Very happy and will certainly use again.

As regards docs..I think it's to verify you own the card,just a safety thing..

Did you manage to avoid the customs and vat charges on your purchase? How long were you waiting for delivery?

GerPower wrote: »
    Did you manage to avoid the customs and vat charges on your purchase? How long were you waiting for delivery?

Yup, no import taxes, ordered Thursday (24.04.14) and had it this afternoon, so 5 days from Hong Kong to Shannon with two of those being a weekend.

Looks great maddogcollins
    Thanks for posting pics :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 michonn

Hi guys I have received an email from them that they will discount 6.99 euro with my next purchase if I review their website. Unfortunately Im a new forum user and some stupid forum regulations here won't let me to put an original text from global central.

Where are they asking you to review their website? On their own website is it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

michonn wrote: »
    Hi guys I have received an email from them that they will discount 6.99 euro with my next purchase if I review their website. Unfortunately Im a new forum user and some stupid forum regulations here won't let me to put an original text from global central.

You purchased from them, they are looking for your feedback and in return you get 6.99 off your next purchase. Pretty nice of them :)

You get a link via Email to leave a review, the company is trustpilot.

http://www.trustpilot.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 17 kkk888

Ordered nikon d5300 on sunday. Dispatched yesturday in hk, arrived in ireland at 5am, still show custom updated. Hope everything good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 anmonliv

I just bought a phone last friday from them.
    today dhl sent me text saying that i have to pay 85€ duty. I am not happy. :(
    Just out of curiosity did you have to pay any tax or import charges on your purchase? I put in an order today for a Nikon D5200 the price was too good to turn down and i'm hoping i can avoid any extra charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭arcius

anmonliv wrote: »
    Just contact the seller and let us know what they say.

Yeah i'm slightly afraid that i'll also get caught for the duty as well, more than likely the customs monitor these pages if they see anything that comes in too frequently from the one seller especially when its outside the EU. My order shows that its currently in Germany so i guess i'll know next Monday or Tuesday, i'll let you know how i get on.

arcius wrote: »
    Just contact the seller and let us know what they say.

Got it yesturday no tax.

Yeah i'm slightly afraid that i'll also get caught for the duty as well, more than likely the customs monitor these pages if they see anything that comes in too frequently from the one seller especially when its outside the EU. My order shows that its currently in Germany so i guess i'll know next Monday or Tuesday, i'll let you know how i get on.

Got my d5300 no prob. No tax. Hope your one go well

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Stanlel43

Hi guys,

Looking to buy from this site also. Just wary that the items are fake/copies?? The camera I want to buy is €200 on site, RRP is €300.. so wondering if its worth it to save a few bob or just spend the extra 100 to be safe! Really not sure what to do! Anybody had any problems with their camera's as of yet or do they seem legit?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

Stanlel43 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Looking to buy from this site also. Just wary that the items are fake/copies?? The camera I want to buy is €200 on site, RRP is €300.. so wondering if its worth it to save a few bob or just spend the extra 100 to be safe! Really not sure what to do! Anybody had any problems with their camera's as of yet or do they seem legit?

This thread is full of success stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 fatalus

Ordered Sony A7 with lens kit on Sunday, ID and address verification on Monday, sent on Tuesday, received it today in Sweden!!!No customs fee and nearly 400 euro cheaper than the price in Sweden!! A really happy customer :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Stanlel43 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

The price difference isn't down to quality, but VAT and the RRP for each market. The items themselves are real, there are plenty of companies on ebay which do the exact same and the delivery is also the same. Eglobal is just a little cheaper.

Sorry to hear about that mate, but it's a risk we all take. If you add the 85 to the phone you bought, does it work out the same or is the price cheaper/dearer then buying in a shop here?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Stanlel43

The price difference isn't down to quality, but VAT and the RRP for each market. The items themselves are real, there are plenty of companies on ebay which do the exact same and the delivery is also the same. Eglobal is just a little cheaper.

Thanks for that! Everyone definitely seems happy on this thread. It's just the initial apprehension sending the money! Most likely will order next week, can't beat that price!
    I'll be sure to mention how I get on.

Ok just a quick update on my order. Got the camera today was posted on Wednesday delivered today and i didn't pay for express postage either and the best part no tax or duty so i saved €117.00 on that but would still be way cheaper than the shop and from what i can tell this is a legit product, came with all the manuals only thing to note, is the warranty is for Japan and all the manuals are in Japanese too, but its easy to set the language back to English. Overall happy with my purchase but i think i'll play it safe and call this a win and be done as its a risk and you wont be a winner all the time.

Looking at the phones on the site some do appear cheaper but others are no more cheaper than buying from Expansys.ie and then coupled with tax and duty they can be more expensive if you happen to be unlucky. But if you are a risk taker then i suggest you go and order as i was apprehensive too will i wont i and it took me a few days to hit send.

Sorry to hear about that mate, but it's a risk we all take. If you add the 85 to the phone you bought, does it work out the same or is the price cheaper/dearer then buying in a shop here?

He just mentioned he got the phone - no tax :)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭crx===

Just read this from their website:

About EGLOBAL CENTRAL
    eglobal central is a global online shop for all brands of consumer electronics and gadgets sourced from all over the world. We will do our utmost to provide the best price possible for each item listed on our shop to ensure that shopping on our site could be fun, cheap and stress free.
    We have now launched eglobalcentral.eu so that we can expand our excellent value and services in digital products to customers in Europe.
    eGlobaL Group has been providing online shopping services for more than 5 years and now we have a total of 6 online stores operated in Australia, the United Kingdom, USA, Germany, France and Spain, which we have already served more than 500,000 satisfied customers. All of our customers are delighted by our fast delivery service and customer service, which you may visit our sister company’s review for your reference.

Why Buy from Us?

eglobal central promises to offer low prices across all consumer electronics products to our valued customers. To ensure that our customers have excellent online shopping experiences at eglobal central, all our products are 100% original and brand new. All our prices have no hidden cost. We offer free shipping, with 24 working hours dispatch, for all in-stock item. With our live chat support, you can get a response from our professional customer service team immediately. By paying through PayPal, you can make your purchase even easier, faster and safer. eglobal central also offers 30 days return policy and 24 months warranty for majority electronics products. That is why you can trust us with your purchases!

Competitive Prices with No Hidden Costs
    We offer competitive pricing on a daily basis for all products on the website. To ensure that our customers have a reliable online shopping experience on our online shop, there are no hidden costs: no import tax fees, no customs fees and no shipping fee 1. The price that you see on our online ship is the only price that you have to pay for it.
    1 Please refer to our Shipping & Insurance page for more details

If this is the case are they not shipping within the eu and import duty does not apply ...this is on their mission statement ?
    Can someone please clarify,

Thanks.

crx=== wrote: »
    Just read this from their website:

About EGLOBAL CENTRAL
    eglobal central is a global online shop for all brands of consumer electronics and gadgets sourced from all over the world. We will do our utmost to provide the best price possible for each item listed on our shop to ensure that shopping on our site could be fun, cheap and stress free.
    We have now launched eglobalcentral.eu so that we can expand our excellent value and services in digital products to customers in Europe.
    eGlobaL Group has been providing online shopping services for more than 5 years and now we have a total of 6 online stores operated in Australia, the United Kingdom, USA, Germany, France and Spain, which we have already served more than 500,000 satisfied customers. All of our customers are delighted by our fast delivery service and customer service, which you may visit our sister company’s review for your reference.

Why Buy from Us?

eglobal central promises to offer low prices across all consumer electronics products to our valued customers. To ensure that our customers have excellent online shopping experiences at eglobal central, all our products are 100% original and brand new. All our prices have no hidden cost. We offer free shipping, with 24 working hours dispatch, for all in-stock item. With our live chat support, you can get a response from our professional customer service team immediately. By paying through PayPal, you can make your purchase even easier, faster and safer. eglobal central also offers 30 days return policy and 24 months warranty for majority electronics products. That is why you can trust us with your purchases!

Competitive Prices with No Hidden Costs
    We offer competitive pricing on a daily basis for all products on the website. To ensure that our customers have a reliable online shopping experience on our online shop, there are no hidden costs: no import tax fees, no customs fees and no shipping fee 1. The price that you see on our online ship is the only price that you have to pay for it.
    1 Please refer to our Shipping & Insurance page for more details

If this is the case are they not shipping within the eu and import duty does not apply ...this is on their mission statement ?
    Can someone please clarify,

Thanks.
    Well this is usual Grei market shop's statement. They do everything to avoid you paying taxes. As far as I know it works very well. They simply declare the items as "electronic parts" worth up to 25 euros. Sometimes companies already have stock in UK altough it is USA or Asia stock. For example simply electronics send their stuff from Newport in Isle of Wight.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Chase3

Yeah they simply label it as something like 'computer parts' with a value of around 18 euro. Customs sees that and you pay no extra charges. However customs can find out what it really is if they look a little deeper. It tends to happen once every now and then. Maybe it's a random check thing they do. Anyway Eglobal knows all of this and to the best of my knowledge they refund any extra charges you have to pay, you will just need to provide them with proof. Pretty sure I read that on their website at one point.

Also it's really great to see so many success stories here, once I have some money to spend again I'll be ordering some sound equipment from here!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Aventure4

Chase3 wrote: »
    Yeah they simply label it as something like 'computer parts' with a value of around 18 euro. Customs sees that and you pay no extra charges. However customs can find out what it really is if they look a little deeper. It tends to happen once every now and then. Maybe it's a random check thing they do. Anyway Eglobal knows all of this and to the best of my knowledge they refund any extra charges you have to pay, you will just need to provide them with proof. Pretty sure I read that on their website at one point.

Also it's really great to see so many success stories here, once I have some money to spend again I'll be ordering some sound equipment from here!

Agree with the last statement, haha!! thinking of getting sennheiser HD600 once I got money

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭crx===

O.k so I placed an order for a galaxy note 3, on the Saturday 3rd of May..... 5 days on and the order is still 'processing' even though the item is in stock.Yesterday I emailed them through the site service and still no comunication!!!! Starting to get worried at this point that I'll be one of the horror stories.Anyone had similar experience on 'processing' delay ??

• Advertisement

crx=== wrote: »
    O.k so I placed an order for a galaxy note 3, on the Saturday 3rd of May..... 5 days on and the order is still 'processing' even though the item is in stock.Yesterday I emailed them through the site service and still no comunication!!!! Starting to get worried at this point that I'll be one of the horror stories.Anyone had similar experience on 'processing' delay ??
    Hm... I think there is a live chat option. On the right bottom corner. Try that one. If no answer like them on facebook and ask them in there. Plus you paid trough Paypal I believe so there is kind of protection You can always cancel your order in case of any problems. I do believe everything will be fine. The last time I ordered from them I had a great experience so now I ordered camera and the lens. Will update on that one.

Advertisement