Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E global central

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

michonn wrote: »
    It does matter. If you purchase the product that is not for sale to the EU then a warranty with Canon is not valid. Trust me I have spoken to the Canon repair centre. You probably would have a warranty from where you bought the product which means in HK.

The warranty is world wide. The only diffence is the returns process. It's not correct to say there is no warranty when in fact, there is.

Got my nifty 50 today, going to test it a fair amount over the next days. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

dnme wrote: »
    I'm in the market for a Canon 24-70 f2.8 II. These guys have it for €1490. The best price by a mile anywhere. So...do I risk it? What are the chances of getting nabbed by customs?

I assume I would not be able to claim the €250 cash back from Canon if I dud buy from EGC ??

• Registered Users Posts: 12 michonn

dnme wrote: »
    I assume I would not be able to claim the €250 cash back from Canon if I dud buy from EGC ??
    I don't think so, but you can call to Canon Ireland and ask them, this is the best option. Just mention that you going to visit HK and you consider to buy the lens from there because is cheaper. Don't say anything about grey import.

The warranty is world wide. The only diffence is the returns process. It's not correct to say there is no warranty when in fact, there is.

Got my nifty 50 today, going to test it a fair amount over the next days. :)

I didn't say that there is no warranty at all. I said that you have the warranty from where you purchase your product. Canon Ireland or UK will not accept the warranty of the product purchased outside EU.

arcius wrote: »
    ordered canon 600ex rt on thursday. Got it just now (monday) :) No extra charges. Sweet. More then 200 euros saved compared to dublin prices :) will defo use them again :)
    Congratulations, it is really amazing how quickly your package arrived from HK !!!
    My flash is on the way ( ordered on saturday ) I can't believe that previously I bought 3 of 600EX-RT flashes in the camera store in Dublin. They cost me 450 euro each after cash back. I could have had 300 euro in the pocket. Anyway how is your flashlight? everything ok ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 evilpotato

DHL guy delivered the Canon 70D Kit at 4pm this Monday afternoon. Order placed last week late on Tuesday, dispatched from HK on last Friday afternoon. Amazing camera, all good, saved about 400 compared to Ireland prices! :D:D:D

These guys are great, will definitely order from eglobalcentral.eu again!

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

evilpotato wrote: »

These guys are great, will definitely order from eglobalcentral.eu again!

So can someone seriously explain what's the problem if any from ordering from here?
    Saving to go full frame and i'd gladly order from here, full frame and a nice lense is nearly 1,000 euro cheaper.

So...what's the catch? Can't send it back if it breaks have to get it fixed yourself?

M.J.M.C wrote: »
    So can someone seriously explain what's the problem if any from ordering from here?
    Saving to go full frame and i'd gladly order from here, full frame and a nice lense is nearly 1,000 euro cheaper.

So...what's the catch? Can't send it back if it breaks have to get it fixed yourself?

You might get caught by customs and they will hold it until the extra charge is paid. Generally it works out a lot cheaper even with the VAT on top.

Secondly, the warranty can only be used in the country of purchase as it was bought outside the EU. Which probably means long waiting times and pricey too.

Saying that, I got a faulty lens from Ebay through a Hong Kong seller and the return process went fairly quick. They sent out a new lens before I had posted the faulty one back. It didn't take too long.

M.J.M.C wrote: »

Where is the catch ? let me answer this way... just read this http://petapixel.com/2013/09/03/spot-fake-canon-flash-learned-hard-way/
    Im afraid that the flash I ordered and is on the way is a fake product. Like I mentioned before I have already 3 canon 600EX-RT units which I purchased in the camera store in Dublin. So when this flash arrive then I will definitely compare if this is a real or fake product. I would also recommend to arcius to check if his canon 600EX-RT which arrived on monday is a fake or original canon product.

Hi guys I thought it is worth to read this - all important questions and answers. I found this on their page - http://www.eglobalcentral.eu/frequent-ask-question-faq-eu.html

• Advertisement

Ok, my package with the 600EX-RT arrived. I opened the DHL package which was very well sealed and the box was protected by air plastic bag. Very interesting thing I noticed is that the box inside of the DHL package ( with my 600EX-RT product ) was massacred like really in bad condition! Anyway I opened the box which was unprotected by any seal and I found that the instruction manual is dirty and has been used. This is odd especially that eglobal central say on their web side that all product are NEW. So I think that they may sell some refurbished or fake products but I'm not sure as the flash itself is in new condition. I don't really know but I compared the 600EX-RT flash from HK to other 3 units that I have at home and it looks exactly the same with the same build quality. I also checked it on my 1DX camera to see if I can control the flash by using menu in the camera. Also I checked with the canon transmitter ST-E3-RT for off-camera control and it works perfect. I have to contact with them and ask why the box looks refurbished.
    One more thing I need to mention is that it took only 3 days to arrive from HK !!! but I also have ordered the ansmann batteries from amazon UK at same day ( last saturday ) and they are still on the way ;)

Where is the catch ? let me answer this way... just read this http://petapixel.com/2013/09/03/spot-fake-canon-flash-learned-hard-way/
    Im afraid that the flash I ordered and is on the way is a fake product. Like I mentioned before I have already 3 canon 600EX-RT units which I purchased in the camera store in Dublin. So when this flash arrive then I will definitely compare if this is a real or fake product. I would also recommend to arcius to check if his canon 600EX-RT which arrived on monday is a fake or original canon product.

The lens I bought is real anyway.

It looks like you have a case of the "post purchase, pre arrival jitters" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

Ok, my package with the 600EX-RT arrived. I opened the DHL package which was very well sealed and the box was protected by air plastic bag. Very interesting thing I noticed is that the box inside of the DHL package ( with my 600EX-RT product ) was massacred like really in bad condition! Anyway I opened the box which was unprotected by any seal and I found that the instruction manual is dirty and has been used. This is odd especially that eglobal central say on their web side that all product are NEW. So I think that they may sell some refurbished or fake products but I'm not sure as the flash itself is in new condition. I don't really know but I compared the 600EX-RT flash from HK to other 3 units that I have at home and it looks exactly the same with the same build quality. I also checked it on my 1DX camera to see if I can control the flash by using menu in the camera. Also I checked with the canon transmitter ST-E3-RT for off-camera control and it works perfect. I have to contact with them and ask why the box looks refurbished.
    One more thing I need to mention is that it took only 3 days to arrive from HK !!! but I also have ordered the ansmann batteries from amazon UK at same day ( last saturday ) and they are still on the way ;)

This just sounds a bit troubling to be honest. please let us know what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭MarkN

I ordered a 17-40 with these guys on the back of this thread, its last location today being Germany (ordered Sun morning). It was about 60 quid cheaper than Kea Photo (who I have used many times and they provide excellent service) so I hope it's not a case of better the devil you know after reading michonn's posts. :(

Are we covered by PayPal if there's a refund issue?

Hi guys, I have issued a ticket about the product which I received this morning at 10.00am ( canon 600EX-RT flash )I have informed them about my issue, but still I have no answer. I have issued a ticked on monday morning with a question about the newer model of the headphones which are currently out of stock on their website and they replayed to me in 20 min saying that the new headphones will be available next month. It is worth to mention that their website is running in several languages and they are supplying other countries so that make me think that they may sort all of their products with the correct instruction manuals by messing up the other boxes? I don't know why would they put a new product into the box that was previously used. I know that China is very popular with cloned products and who knows maybe I have a very good clone of the canon 600EX-RT ??? I won't cry because the flash is working at the moment.

Update:

CS1 - Sale
    CS1 - Sales & Support (eGlobaL Central (EU))

Apr 17 13:35

Dear Michonn,

Thank you for your message.

With regard to your inquiry, often, we will open the box of the item for QA purposes such as to ensure that all accessories are included and correct charger will be provided in order for you to be able to use the item in your country. In this case, would you please take some photos of your product including all the packing and the product and submit us a RMA ticket by login in to your user account and creating an user account on our site and submit us an RMA enquiry for the item that you need assistance. Once our RMA department agent will reply to your request as soon as possible. For more information, please visit http://www.eglobalcentral.eu/rma-method-eu.html

We sincerely apologies for the inconveniences caused.

Should you have any further enquiries, please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards,
    eglobal central (EU)

Michonn

Apr 16 18:57

The 600EX-RT arrived. I opened the DHL package which was very well sealed and the box was protected by air plastic bag. Very interesting thing I noticed is that the canon box inside of the DHL package ( with my 600EX-RT product ) was in a very bad condition! Anyway I opened the box which was unprotected by any seal and I found that the instruction manual is dirty and has been used. This is odd especially that eglobal central say on their web side that this product is NEW. Please explain this to me as I found this very unclear. I will consider to make a report and ask for a full refund.

Conclusion :
    To be honest I won't go for any refund, the most important part of the delivery ( 600EX-RT ) is new and it works perfect but I needed to react because the package which I received was very suspicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭MarkN

17-40 arrived this morning. 100% brand new lens, wrapped so well that it took me about 5 minutes to actually get all the bubble wrap off it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Tom3544

Hi I have been following this thread for a couple of weeks. I ordered the Nikon D5100 (body only) on the 13th April and got a confirmation email. On Tuesday (15th April) I got an email with the DHL tracking number. The shipment was picked up at 18:45 on Tuesday the 15th. Wednesday 16th April it was processed at Leipzig Germany. On Thursday it transferred through East Midlands UK and arrived to Shannon Ireland at 7am. At 7:30am clearance process complete and forwarded for delivery. Parcel arrived at 3pm. No visible description of goods on packaging, box wrapped in bubble wrap. Original boxing from D5100 kit, no dents or tears on the box. Inside the box: All manuals (in Chinese), strap, battery charger, battery and camera body. Camera is working 100% and is 100% brand new. I will definitely order from them in the near future 😛

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

I didn't have to pay any import/VAT or anything, the invoice was labelled 'computer parts,' 18 euro

"Hey Billy, does this webcam look awful big to you ?"

"Aye, must be one of those old ones, poor bastard must have been scammed"

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭SparkyDNut

I bought a 200mm F4 Nikkor Macro from them, as with others on the thread, I had a good experience. The lens was perfect, I have registered the serial with Nikon under my profile with out issue, and the packaging was ok. I didn't have to pay any tax/duty. As with any of these types of grey market stores, E.g. simplyelectronics, so long as you are patient you will get there in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭arcius

Congratulations, it is really amazing how quickly your package arrived from HK !!!
    My flash is on the way ( ordered on saturday ) I can't believe that previously I bought 3 of 600EX-RT flashes in the camera store in Dublin. They cost me 450 euro each after cash back. I could have had 300 euro in the pocket. Anyway how is your flashlight? everything ok ?

Shot two events already without problems :) happy a lot :) Will order spare camera from them soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭arcius

I read that article earlier :) I did compare with my other 600ex rt. Performs the same, looks the same, everything is the same :) 99% original. Can't give 100% as you never know... even if bought from Dublin shop :) But I am comfortable to take a risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Aventure4

SparkyDNut wrote: »
    I bought a 200mm F4 Nikkor Macro from them, as with others on the thread, I had a good experience. The lens was perfect, I have registered the serial with Nikon under my profile with out issue, and the packaging was ok. I didn't have to pay any tax/duty. As with any of these types of grey market stores, E.g. simplyelectronics, so long as you are patient you will get there in the end.

I guess even if we need to pay VAT, the price plus VAT for most products is still way cheaper than other local shops LOL Amazing.

Just noticed from their facebook, they are doing a -7.49 euro Mother's Day Promotion, seems quite bargaining

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Do the items actually ship from HK or the EU?

Ordered again from them last Friday. There was a bit of a delay because of the long weekend. Things got going again on Tuesday. As we speak the parcel got cleared in customs in Shannon and forwarded for delivery. I am expecting it later this afternoon. This time I ordered Tamron 17-50 vc.

Tom3544 wrote: »
    Hi I have been following this thread for a couple of weeks. I ordered the Nikon D5100 (body only) on the 13th April and got a confirmation email. On Tuesday (15th April) I got an email with the DHL tracking number. The shipment was picked up at 18:45 on Tuesday the 15th. Wednesday 16th April it was processed at Leipzig Germany. On Thursday it transferred through East Midlands UK and arrived to Shannon Ireland at 7am. At 7:30am clearance process complete and forwarded for delivery. Parcel arrived at 3pm. No visible description of goods on packaging, box wrapped in bubble wrap. Original boxing from D5100 kit, no dents or tears on the box. Inside the box: All manuals (in Chinese), strap, battery charger, battery and camera body. Camera is working 100% and is 100% brand new. I will definitely order from them in the near future 😛

Registered the camera on Nikon Europe, no prob.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭GerPower

Registered the camera on Nikon Europe, no prob.

Just out of curiosity did you have to pay any tax or import charges on your purchase? I put in an order today for a Nikon D5200 the price was too good to turn down and i'm hoping i can avoid any extra charges.

GerPower wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity did you have to pay any tax or import charges on your purchase? I put in an order today for a Nikon D5200 the price was too good to turn down and i'm hoping i can avoid any extra charges.

Hey, I posted on page 8 of this thread the whole process, have a look there. I bought twice already. In both cases no duty nor tax. Amazingly fast delivery. On 2nd package was invoice stating 17€ camera parts. Good luck! Let us know how you get on. Am going to order again soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭GerPower

Hey, I posted on page 8 of this thread the whole process, have a look there. I bought twice already. In both cases no duty nor tax. Amazingly fast delivery. On 2nd package was invoice stating 17€ camera parts. Good luck! Let us know how you get on. Am going to order again soon.

Yeah will do just a bit nervous as most i'm sure are when you spend a weeks wages on something thats €300 less than you pay in the shops. I'll let you know next week if i have my camera in my hand, but there is so much stuff on that site even phones are way cheaper might invest in a Nexus 5 for Xmas.

Good Luck

GerPower wrote: »
    Yeah will do just a bit nervous as most i'm sure are when you spend a weeks wages on something thats €300 less than you pay in the shops. I'll let you know next week if i have my camera in my hand, but there is so much stuff on that site even phones are way cheaper might invest in a Nexus 5 for Xmas.

Good Luck

I was exactly the same. Took me nearly a month before I got the courage and hit that "place an order" button..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭maddogcollins

Ordered sigma 70-200 f2.8 on Thursday. Left Hong Kong today so I am hoping it gets to me early next week. will update on the process.

Advertisement