Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E global central

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

mic2727 wrote:
    Hahaha yes I just got that, you foresaw it, so isnt unforeseen after all!

Let us know how you get on with eglobal. And if you end up paying custom charges. Thank you and good luck

Any word on delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,668 ✭✭✭corks finest

Thanks everyone. I gave up the idea of ordering from them now.

Yeah they're a disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 29 mic2727

Yeah they're a disaster

This is the craic now, ordered a DJI Mavic Mini

https://imgur.com/CDc5U3k

• Registered Users Posts: 5,751 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I was going to consider ordering a mobile phone from them pending your review. But I think I have my answer available now.
    mic2727 wrote: »

https://imgur.com/CDc5U3k

mic2727 wrote:

Yeah, always the same. No point in looking at tracking, it's all made up until it reaches Ireland. It's definitely stuck in an EU warehouse somewhere, definitely slowed down due to the current world situation!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

mic2727 wrote: »
    I ordered a mavic mini drone on march 21st. Tonight the tracking updates to ....
    "Processing delay, your parcel will be out for delivery shortly"

But I gather these are auto generated just to keep people at bay from looking for updates.

Hope I havent been shafted and it actually arrives����

I ordered 9 days ago (calendar days, not working days), current auto generated tracking says "Shipment further connected".!

Their website says up to 8 working days for delivery, a. D their dispatch email said 4 extra days due to current situation.... Guess we'll see in another week or so... Hopefully I'll have some recourse with PayPal if needs be

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭geotrig

I ordered 9 days ago (calendar days, not working days), current auto generated tracking says "Shipment further connected".!

Their website says up to 8 working days for delivery, a. D their dispatch email said 4 extra days due to current situation.... Guess we'll see in another week or so... Hopefully I'll have some recourse with PayPal if needs be

I'm on day "16" of the "tracking" not working days , so may 10/12 of those, Ive ordered 3 times before with varying delivery times from 7-8 days to 2-3 weeks, I was expecting delays this time so not worried at all yet so if you takethe 2-3 weeks and add a bit of delay due to current situation might be realistic for all.

I've looked at a few things on Amazon and even their deliveries seem further out than normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

geotrig wrote:
    I've looked at a few things on Amazon and even their deliveries seem further out than normal.

Definitely true. The fastest delivery I could find on respirator masks (just a fancy surgical mask, but since I have two separate high-risk factors, I'm getting the extra-effective ones) was 20th April to 5th May. Something like that would normally be like a week... next day on prime if you have it.
    I think the speed of most deliveries is slowed due to prioritisation of "essential" goods over "luxury items"

• Registered Users Posts: 17 abcCORK87

I did notice that if you remove two first and two last digits you will get DPD tracking number. At least in my case.

Company is what it is and what you pay. Its hard to contact in case they don't want.

Placed order and tried to cancel it after two hours (amazon matched their price) and didn't get any respond until i first got email that order is sent (after 4 days) and i need to send it back with 50 euro fee. So they are trying to be as helpless as possible so you stick with them with order.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,751 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Any idea if Amazon would match price on mobile phones?

Hope you get sorted soon.
    abcCORK87 wrote: »
    I did notice that if you remove two first and two last digits you will get DPD tracking number. At least in my case.

Company is what it is and what you pay. Its hard to contact in case they don't want.

Placed order and tried to cancel it after two hours (amazon matched their price) and didn't get any respond until i first got email that order is sent (after 4 days) and i need to send it back with 50 euro fee. So they are trying to be as helpless as possible so you stick with them with order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 abcCORK87

Don't think so. i was buying kindle paperwhite they have it for 103 euro amazon normal price is around 150 and they dropped it to 120.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,668 ✭✭✭corks finest

Yes pay pal will if needs be,I bombarded them with emails until I got satisfaction ( money back) NEVER ever again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

My order has moved over to DPD now, with a tracking number that works on the DPD website, that's 10 days from dispatch (I said order yesterday), 4 days from order to dispatch (despite ordering something in their guaranteed dispatch within 48 hours section *. So 14 days to actually have some tracking commence within the EU, but on the eve of a big holiday weekend.

*even their dispatch within 48 hours is qualified to 48 working hours!

Ps, I've used them before over the years, mixed experience so knew what I was likely getting in for. I'm quite happy so far with a 2 week and a bit delivery looking possible

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Agent_47

Watch out. I had a delivery by GLS returned to E Global. They never attempted to deliver it and now E Global won't refund it for weeks until they receive it back. The clowns in Pay Pal found in their favour because E Global provided tracking information that it had been delivered (but back to them!) . The item was send back to the Netherlands. So I don't know where I stand now so I put through a chargeback against PayPal with Mastercard.

Agent_47 wrote: »
    Watch out. I had a delivery by GLS returned to E Global. They never attempted to deliver it and now E Global won't refund it for weeks until they receive it back. The clowns in Pay Pal found in their favour because E Global provided tracking information that it had been delivered (but back to them!) . The item was send back to the Netherlands. So I don't know where I stand now so I put through a chargeback against PayPal with Mastercard.

to be fair that looks to be more of an issue with gls than anyone, my" tracking no" is with them also all other shipments I've had from eglobal have come with dpd

Even my patience is wearing thin now.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Agent_47

geotrig wrote: »
    Even my patience is wearing thin now.

Emailed them Thursday and yesterday, no response, initiated a charge back, never again, at least Amazon deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

For camera gear, if Einfinity stock it, they're the better call. Eglobal are too hit and miss.

mic2727 wrote:

Any word on the mavic?

Initiated my charge back also through PayPal , at a month now and item was showing as in stock and dispatched in 24/48hrs or whatever it is.
    I'd probably chance them again on another order but at this point I'm calling it quits on this one.

My other orders were no issue

• Advertisement

Chase3 wrote: »
    Just a quick update, my order was 'Packing and Delivering soon' on Friday but then nothing happened over the weekend which is to be expected. This morning it was shipped and is now with DHL, I can track it online with them and the last update has it leaving Hong Kong this afternoon, hopefully bound for somewhere in Europe. I'm optimistic!

Update, the drone ordered on march 21st arrived april 13th. No issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Ordered a phone 31/3...nothing for 9 days then 'tracking' started. Now just getting 'We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible' for the past two days.

Managed to find it on DPD.com but that only lists 'Order information has been transmitted to DPD.' as the status which makes me think it was never actually shipped. Not sure whether to give it a week or just start a case with Paypal now.

My luck with eglobal had to run out sooner or later ;)

The biggest issue here is lack of patience. Tracking and customer service is crap, but the products are great value and decent. I know I've said this many times, don't bother trying to track, it always gets there in the end. Expect a month in these times, it could be faster..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

In the interests of transparency, I've never had an issue before with stuff arriving from them within a week (twice). Phones always seem to take longer but usually a couple of weeks.

Weirdly about 20 mins after I posted I had a reply from their customer service saying they are checking into it.

Gatster wrote:
    Managed to find it on DPD.com but that only lists 'Order information has been transmitted to DPD.' as the status which makes me think it was never actually shipped. Not sure whether to give it a week or just start a case with Paypal now.

The process for most shipments from Asia is,
    China ships to a European warehouse.
    The sender organises a postal service, dpd, dhl etc.
    Once the item reaches the EU warehouse, the postal/courier company collect it.
    Then the item takes a few days to get to you.

I'm guessing your order hasn't got to the European warehouse yet.

Gatster wrote:
    Weirdly about 20 mins after I posted I had a reply from their customer service saying they are checking into it.

Yeah, I wouldn't hold your breath, their CS is the worst. They'll fob you off with some rubbish.. finger's crossed it gets to dpd this week.

If I had even got a response that would have been something.l'm over 30 days now and have escalated to paypal so my order shows as "PayPal reversed" now on the eglobal site ,so I presume the order won't be fulfilled at this point.
    I personally didn't mind waiting but my current phone is on its last legs and with how long it takes to get PayPal refunded needed to start now.

geotrig wrote:
    If I had even got a response that would have been something.l'm over 30 days now and have escalated to paypal so my order shows as "PayPal reversed" now on the eglobal site ,so I presume the order won't be fulfilled at this point. I personally didn't mind waiting but my current phone is on its last legs and with how long it takes to get PayPal refunded needed to start now.

That's really annoying. Once you get the confirmation of reversal, the money is returned pretty quickly. Login to PayPal to check your status.

tedpan wrote: »
    Any word on the mavic?

Yes it arroved, ordered on march 21st arrived april 13th. No issues 🎄ðŸ‘

• Advertisement

mic2727 wrote:
    Yes it arroved, ordered on march 21st arrived april 13th. No issues 🎄ðŸ‘

Nice one! There's a drone forum now on boards, hopefully you get some decent footage to share!

Advertisement