Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E global central

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭geotrig

Well about 3 days after raising the PayPal dispute, tracking updated (was just about to place an order elsewhere but was giving it a few days ) item due for delivery for today hopefully all goes well!! So overall about a month and 8 days total.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

geotrig wrote:
    Well about 3 days after raising the PayPal dispute, tracking updated (was just about to place an order elsewhere but was giving it a few days ) item due for delivery for today hopefully all goes well!! So overall about a month and 8 days total.

Not too bad in these times!

Yeah, I've another delivery coming from Germany and it's taken 14 days to get from the German hub to the Irish hub, so with that in context it seems alright overall.

geotrig wrote:
    Yeah, I've another delivery coming from Germany and it's taken 14 days to get from the German hub to the Irish hub, so with that in context it seems alright overall.

Me too. I ordered some runners 2 weeks ago today from Germany. Still haven't reached an post. I need more patience!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

geotrig wrote: »

Did you get the parcel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Agent_47

Eglobal sent me an email to ask if I was enjoying my headphones, I promptly retorted to them that they never delivered the item.
    I opened a dispute with them, then got the courier to send me an email confirming non-delivery. This was attached to the dispute. Then I went after PayPal who sided with the seller and closed the case and with it any options. So I opened a charge back dispute with them and now they have changed the decision :).
    Still waiting for either party to refund as don't want to deal with Eglobal again.

bryaner wrote: »
    Did you get the parcel?

Yes arrived about 30 mins after my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

tedpan wrote: »
    The process for most shipments from Asia is,
    China ships to a European warehouse.
    The sender organises a postal service, dpd, dhl etc.
    Once the item reaches the EU warehouse, the postal/courier company collect it.
    Then the item takes a few days to get to you.

I'm guessing your order hasn't got to the European warehouse yet.

Well 9 days on and nothing, but in fairness this is all down to dpd apparently being unable to be a courier firm. Item doesn't show up on dpd.ie but does on dpd.de and .be. It seems to be lost in Athlone and I gave up trying to contact dpd yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Conflats

I ordered a battery grip off e global on 2nd of April, got tracking number and dispatch email on the 14th of April. On the 15th it was with dpd and spent 10days getting from Belgium to the athlone depot. Arrived on Monday with no issues.

I would order off them again as price for battery grip was 1/4 the price of canon and its a brand new genuine Canon grip.

Gatster wrote:
    Well 9 days on and nothing, but in fairness this is all down to dpd apparently being unable to be a courier firm. Item doesn't show up on dpd.ie but does on dpd.de and .be. It seems to be lost in Athlone and I gave up trying to contact dpd yesterday.

Ah god! That Athlone depot is a joke. I've had stuff 'go missing' from there at least once..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Order on 14th with express shipping 6-8 days... Still waiting..

Hoping for this week

#DateParcel Status
    82020-05-05Shipment further connected.
    72020-05-04Your parcel will arrive shortly at the courier depot.
    62020-05-03Shipment is on its way to the local depot.
    52020-05-02Your parcel has arrived at a sort facility.
    42020-05-01Shipment will arrive at courier depot for sorting shortly.
    32020-04-30Shipment is en-route to courier depot.
    22020-04-29In transit.
    12020-04-28The parcel has been picked by the courier; The parcel has left the courier's warehouse.

Jaysus they're pulling the piss now

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nialoed

Thought I'd share my experience with eGlobal here, hopefully it might help someone waiting on delivery.

First time using eGlobal after it was recommended by a good friend. I purchased a Canon EOS R with a kit lens at €2,224.99 on 21/04/20 (best price around at the time). I purchased through Visa debit and not through PayPal. I didn't hear anything for a few days. Started reading reviews and began to worry a lot. I got an email on the 29/04/20 with the link to tracking my order. Here is eGlobal's tracking thread:

42020-05-01 - Your parcel has arrived at DPD, please follow this link for further information: (the tracking number was input here)
    32020-04-30 - Shipment is en-route to courier depot.
    22020-04-29 - In transit.
    12020-04-28 - The parcel has been picked by the courier; The parcel has left the courier's warehouse.

One trick I picked up from a poster on here suggested removing the first and last two digits from the tracking number that eglobal sends out and use on a postal tracking website. I used parcelsapp.com and it gave me the correct update on where my parcel was. That settled my nerves.

The parcel arrived today (05/05/2020) with DPD. So it took 14 days overall to get here. I would definitely recommend taking out the two digits on the tracking code sent out by eGlobal and checking on parcelsapp to see where it is. Hope everyone gets sorted with their purchases!

nialoed wrote:
    The parcel arrived today (05/05/2020) with DPD. So it took 14 days overall to get here. I would definitely recommend taking out the two digits on the tracking code sent out by eGlobal and checking on parcelsapp to see where it is. Hope everyone gets sorted with their purchases!

Nice one, congrats on the camera!

I think the key thing to do with eglobal is not to track at all and wait until the postman arrives. Otherwise you'll end up with no hair like me! As I said before, the package always gets there in the end..

05 May 2020
    07:09
    Shipment received in country of destination
    Ireland
    POSTNL
    29 Apr 2020
    07:35
    Sent to the country of destination
    Netherlands
    POSTNL
    28 Apr 2020
    19:21
    Shipment sorted
    Netherlands
    POSTNL
    28 Apr 2020
    19:19
    Shipment is at PostNL
    Netherlands
    POSTNL
    27 Apr 2020
    03:26
    Shipment is expected, but not yet in sorting process POSTNL
    27 Apr 2020
    03:25
    Shipment is expected, but not yet in sorting process

That's mine with express shipping.. it's like a slow death checking everyday

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭MooShop

Gatster wrote: »

Did you get your parcel delivered in the end, did they "find" it?

I'm having a similar issue, parcel has been in DPD in Sligo since 20/04 - have tried calling and emailing DPD, no look. I even went to their depot while I was in doing my food shopping last Friday but because of Covid their reception is closed to the public.

I understand that they are busier than usual with deliveries but I think over two weeks is a bit much, took less than a day to get delivered from their Athlone depot to Sligo. :mad:

EDIT: e-global are actually fine, took 10 days to get to Ireland. I've ordered a few things off them before and haven't had any issues

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭The Soup Thief

I'm having a pretty frustrating time with them - I ordered a tablet for my little lad's birthday last Tuesday, birthday coming sunday
    A week later it's still "processing" - their guidance says processing can take up to 48 hrs
    I've emailed - nothing
    Their online help is all broken links

I've bought from them before and been pretty happy with the service - even recommended them to friends
    Pretty cheesed off
    They don't seem to use twitter and I can't find a european contact number :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I'm having a pretty frustrating time with them - I ordered a tablet for my little lad's birthday last Tuesday, birthday coming sunday
    A week later it's still "processing" - their guidance says processing can take up to 48 hrs
    I've emailed - nothing
    Their online help is all broken links

I've bought from them before and been pretty happy with the service - even recommended them to friends
    Pretty cheesed off
    They don't seem to use twitter and I can't find a european contact number :-(

Sorry to say but I doubt you will get it before Sunday - you might get lucky but id say its a slim chance. Its common for them to say an item is in stock but it usually takes a week or more for them to move on from processing to even ship it out. Thats even before all the Covid delays. Ive used them without issues before but if I was ordering at the moment from them id allow myself a few weeks for delivery.

nialoed wrote: »
    Thought I'd share my experience with eGlobal here, hopefully it might help someone waiting on delivery.

First time using eGlobal after it was recommended by a good friend. I purchased a Canon EOS R with a kit lens at €2,224.99 on 21/04/20 (best price around at the time). I purchased through Visa debit and not through PayPal. I didn't hear anything for a few days. Started reading reviews and began to worry a lot. I got an email on the 29/04/20 with the link to tracking my order. Here is eGlobal's tracking thread:

42020-05-01 - Your parcel has arrived at DPD, please follow this link for further information: (the tracking number was input here)
    32020-04-30 - Shipment is en-route to courier depot.
    22020-04-29 - In transit.
    12020-04-28 - The parcel has been picked by the courier; The parcel has left the courier's warehouse.

One trick I picked up from a poster on here suggested removing the first and last two digits from the tracking number that eglobal sends out and use on a postal tracking website. I used parcelsapp.com and it gave me the correct update on where my parcel was. That settled my nerves.

Thanks for that, there's some pretty clever lads on here.

At least I can see that my package has been doing something for the last 2 weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭MooShop

MooShop wrote: »
    Did you get your parcel delivered in the end, did they "find" it?

I'm having a similar issue, parcel has been in DPD in Sligo since 20/04 - have tried calling and emailing DPD, no look. I even went to their depot while I was in doing my food shopping last Friday but because of Covid their reception is closed to the public.

I understand that they are busier than usual with deliveries but I think over two weeks is a bit much, took less than a day to get delivered from their Athlone depot to Sligo. :mad:

EDIT: e-global are actually fine, took 10 days to get to Ireland. I've ordered a few things off them before and haven't had any issues

Got delivered today! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

MooShop wrote: »
    Got delivered today! :D

Good news! Mine came last Friday, ironically after I left them a crap review of DPD Ireland on Trustpilot (which seemed to be the only way to get a response in the end).

Although there were issues for me this time with eGlobal themselves, the main villains of the piece seem to be DPD. When I mentioned it to the missus, she reminded me of them previously throwing things that were meant to be signed for over the front wall, and legging it (have the evidence on the cameras!).

I ordered on the 14th of last month, item in stock and paid insured express delivery.

Still waiting. Trying to deal with them is like pulling teeth.

Pay the extra 50 quid and shop local next time for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Done the two number trick on parcelsapp and find out my package is in Belgium with DPD. Ordered on the 24th April. Will be next week now I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭gar

Contacted eglobal with the address they have listed on paypal in regards a potential resolution as item has still not arrived at GLS despite being 'dispatched' 2 weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 8,668 ✭✭✭corks finest

gar wrote: »
    Contacted eglobal with the address they have listed on paypal in regards a potential resolution as item has still not arrived at GLS despite being 'dispatched' 2 weeks ago

When they say "dispatched"that's not necessarily true,did the same with me before Xmas,turned to not in stock,no honest communication from them
    Pay Pal us the way to go
    They habitually lie,take your order when item isn't in stock and then try and make you hang on, never worth the hassle,( Christmas present for my son,ordered well before Xmas)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,668 ✭✭✭corks finest

bryaner wrote: »
    #DateParcel Status
    82020-05-05Shipment further connected.
    72020-05-04Your parcel will arrive shortly at the courier depot.
    62020-05-03Shipment is on its way to the local depot.
    52020-05-02Your parcel has arrived at a sort facility.
    42020-05-01Shipment will arrive at courier depot for sorting shortly.
    32020-04-30Shipment is en-route to courier depot.
    22020-04-29In transit.
    12020-04-28The parcel has been picked by the courier; The parcel has left the courier's warehouse.

Jaysus they're pulling the piss now

Lesson learned I hope,I know I did - never again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭gar

Similar BS

142020-05-07We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    132020-05-06We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    122020-05-05We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    112020-05-04We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    102020-05-03Due to unforseen circumstances there is a delay in your shipment. We will update here once we have news.
    92020-05-02Processing delay, your parcel will be out for delivery shortly.
    82020-05-01Shipment further connected.
    72020-04-30Your parcel will arrive shortly at the courier depot.
    62020-04-29Shipment is on its way to the local depot.
    52020-04-28Your parcel has arrived at a sort facility.
    42020-04-27Shipment will arrive at courier depot for sorting shortly.
    32020-04-26Shipment is en-route to courier depot.
    22020-04-25In transit.
    12020-04-24The parcel has been picked by the courier; The parcel has left the courier's warehouse.

Yeah I couldn't be dealing with this sh1t again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

I've used them a few times over the years, mixed results but haven't lost money yet. Have used them 4 times in last 2 months, 1 order was not fulfilled at all and I requested a cancellation and they cancelled. 2 orders arrived probably within 3 weeks or so (15 working days). Current order was ordered on 16 April, "dispatched" on 24 April and still in the auto generated fake tracking system, currently on day 18 of the tracking, with same message every day since day 11:

We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.

Im still reasonably confident that it'll arrive in the next few weeks....

Advertisement