Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E global central

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

givyjoe wrote: »
    Only applies to companies operating in the EU.

If a sites main target consumers is Europe, for example eglobalcentral.eu, then they are supposed to follow EU laws. Of course they wont though. Its only recently a much bigger site like Aliexpress is making changes to follow the laws so obviously a site like eglobal isn't going to "The call of action issued by the European Consumer Organisation, known by the French-language acronym BEUC, on May 17 urged consumer bodies in the Netherlands, France, Germany, Italy, Portugal and Spain to act against AliExpress for its failure to comply with EU consumer regulations." "AliExpress pledges to comply with EU consumer regulations"

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Didn’t go well. I signed into the phone for a minute so now they won’t accept it because the Apple warranty has been activated.

My mistake I believe.

Disaster, I've bought a lot of stuff over the years and never had a phone from Japan. Personally I would hate the shutter sound too. How were you to know without turning it on it was the Japanese version? Hmmm..

• Registered Users Posts: 23 conor.golden

tedpan wrote: »
    Disaster, I've bought a lot of stuff over the years and never had a phone from Japan. Personally I would hate the shutter sound too. How were you to know without turning it on it was the Japanese version? Hmmm..

You can check the number on the back and it had a J in it which means japan. If only I knew this before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

eglobal actually says it on the product page if its the japanese model and it has shutter sound.. but you'll only find it if you look very closely as its at bottom of product description in small writing

• Registered Users Posts: 23 conor.golden

spix wrote: »
    eglobal actually says it on the product page if its the japanese model and it has shutter sound.. but you'll only find it if you look very closely as its at bottom of product description in small writing

Yeah I look into the company more than the product as I didn’t expect it to be any different. Thanks anyhow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

E-Infinity looks good. Their website is nice to use and I've just been hearing good things about their service. I was on their site looking to try use them for the first time to buy a 128gb CF card but they were charging £22 for shipping. That's just a bit crazy for card. I ended up using Amazon because it's worked out the same price. I guess most of the savings are made on more expensive/bigger hardware.

Tried eFinity for first time on 7th of Feb. Ordered a camera and lens, free postage. Got email to say my parcel was Heathrow at 8,58am. I was delighted but heard nothing by Friday, Emailed DHL and they said shipping label arrived on Tuesday but items hadn't. I emailed EFINITY and they tell me DHL lost it so I can have money back or replacement order. Bit of a bummer but hoping I get it by this weekend even Friday.

Have bought a few items from eGlobal and found them very prompt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

LeoB wrote: »
    Tried eFinity for first time on 7th of Feb. Ordered a camera and lens, free postage. Got email to say my parcel was Heathrow at 8,58am. I was delighted but heard nothing by Friday, Emailed DHL and they said shipping label arrived on Tuesday but items hadn't. I emailed EFINITY and they tell me DHL lost it so I can have money back or replacement order. Bit of a bummer but hoping I get it by this weekend even Friday.

Have bought a few items from eGlobal and found them very prompt

I've bought a few items from EInfinity and have gone through the same thing with the DHL label being created and no movement happening for a few days. I have a hunch that the DHL label gets created and then EInfinity send the item from Hong Kong to the UK (which takes a few days), and then when DHL receive it, the DHL portion of the shipment begins.

But anything before DHL receive the package the customer doesn't see because they want you to think everything is sourced from the UK.

Ordered a Sony A6400 from them last Thursday Feb 13th and it arrived today. 695 euro from EInfinity and around 1100 in bricks and mortar shops here. Extraordinary saving.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Chavways wrote: »
    I've bought a few items from EInfinity and have gone through the same thing with the DHL label being created and no movement happening for a few days. I have a hunch that the DHL label gets created and then EInfinity send the item from Hong Kong to the UK (which takes a few days), and then when DHL receive it, the DHL portion of the shipment begins.

But anything before DHL receive the package the customer doesn't see because they want you to think everything is sourced from the UK.

Ordered a Sony A6400 from them last Thursday Feb 13th and it arrived today. 695 euro from EInfinity and around 1100 in bricks and mortar shops here. Extraordinary saving.

Think you are right about the shipments.

Got my camera and delighted with it. Have not got out as much as I would like but hopefully this weekend I can get out. Price difference of €700 which I cant afford.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Guys,

This is a long thread. Could anyone comment if eGlobal are trustworthy? And how's their customer service?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

Guys,

This is a long thread. Could anyone comment if eGlobal are trustworthy? And how's their customer service?

Thanks

At this stage you dont know if its gets to you. Customer service none existent..prices highly competitive....

If they have it in stock you may get in no time... if they dont you are screwed for few weeks at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Bikerguy wrote: »
    At this stage you dont know if its gets to you. Customer service none existent..prices highly competitive....

If they have it in stock you may get in no time... if they dont you are screwed for few weeks at least.

And if the item is broken when it arrives to you, be prepared to go all the way to threatening them with legal action before they'll acknowledge any failings on their side. I don't think the savings is worth the hassle.

Thanks everyone. I gave up the idea of ordering from them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Portlawslim

Ordered Canon 5D Mark 4 and 16-35mm F4 last Friday and received them today, quick prompt and saved about €1500 ish...love it

Chavways wrote:
    And if the item is broken when it arrives to you, be prepared to go all the way to threatening them with legal action before they'll acknowledge any failings on their side. I don't think the savings is worth the hassle.

Thanks everyone. I gave up the idea of ordering from them now.

Never had an issue with them in 40 orders, apart from not being in stock and having to wait a month. In my opinion, well worth the cost savings..

Does it show on the website that it's out of stock? Or Do you get to know that its out of stock after you have made the payment?
    Never had an issue with them in 40 orders, apart from not being in stock and having to wait a month. In my opinion, well worth the cost savings..

Does it show on the website that it's out of stock? Or Do you get to know that its out of stock after you have made the payment?

Nope unfortunately, it may show in stock but that means they could be in their stock, more than likely supplier stock. Usually it takes 10 working days(2 weeks) from day of ordering, but as mentioned can take up to a month in some cases.

If you hate waiting, I wouldn't suggest ordering from Asia, especially the way things are now..

What's your take on warranty? Is it valid in Ireland? I am talking about mobile phone.
    And also if its coming from Asia, are we supposed to pay import charges?
    Nope unfortunately, it may show in stock but that means they could be in their stock, more than likely supplier stock. Usually it takes 10 working days(2 weeks) from day of ordering, but as mentioned can take up to a month in some cases.

If you hate waiting, I wouldn't suggest ordering from Asia, especially the way things are now..

What's your take on warranty? Is it valid in Ireland? I am talking about mobile phone. And also if its coming from Asia, are we supposed to pay import charges?

Warranty is in Asia, some manufacturers will assist locally, the majority will not. I never really understand the warranty question as I've never had a manufacturer defect, always been user error! Import duties are included when buying from eglobal.

Thank you tedpan.

After reading different reviews and talking to colleagues, I have given up the idea of ordering from them. This may change in feature.
    Warranty is in Asia, some manufacturers will assist locally, the majority will not. I never really understand the warranty question as I've never had a manufacturer defect, always been user error! Import duties are included when buying from eglobal.

After reading different reviews and talking to colleagues, I have given up the idea of ordering from them. This may change in feature.

Thank you tedpan.

No problem, hopefully things go back to normal soon and you can get the new phone organised..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 mic2727

I ordered a mavic mini drone on march 21st. Tonight the tracking updates to ....
    "Processing delay, your parcel will be out for delivery shortly"

But I gather these are auto generated just to keep people at bay from looking for updates.

Hope I havent been shafted and it actually arrives����

mic2727 wrote:
    Hope I havent been shafted and it actually arrives

You'll be fine! Just needs patience, don't look at the tracking, no point until it reaches Ireland. How many working days since you ordered?

You'll be fine! Just needs patience, don't look at the tracking, no point until it reaches Ireland. How many working days since you ordered?

9, including today, yea I'm sure its grand!🙌

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭geotrig

Your next update will be "Due to unforseen circumstances there is a delay in your shipment. We will update here once we have news."

:p
    It'll arrive everything is just slower than usual at the moment.

geotrig wrote: »
    Your next update will be "Due to unforseen circumstances there is a delay in your shipment. We will update here once we have news."

:p
    It'll arrive everything is just slower than usual at the moment.

Hahaha yes I just got that, you foresaw it, so isnt unforeseen after all!

Let us know how you get on with eglobal. And if you end up paying custom charges.
    Thank you and good luck
    mic2727 wrote: »
    Hahaha yes I just got that, you foresaw it, so isnt unforeseen after all!

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Agent_47

yeah, watch out with E Global, having a nightmare with them. They use GLS, I waited 3 weeks for the delivery, it gets as far as their Irish depot and then they sent it back to the Netherlands saying Irish businesses were closed. Didn't help that I gave them the home address and they said they would deliver it!

Waited 4 weeks for the item, now have to wait five further weeks for them to receive it and then decide on a refund, surely Paypal can refund now?

Let us know how you get on with eglobal. And if you end up paying custom charges. Thank you and good luck

Customs charges are always included. They have EU warehouses.

Agent_47 wrote:
    yeah, watch out with E Global, having a nightmare with them. They use GLS, I waited 3 weeks for the delivery, it gets as far as their Irish depot and then they sent it back to the Netherlands saying Irish businesses were closed. Didn't help that I gave them the home address and they said they would deliver it!

So weird, gls delivered to my mate at home last week. That's very annoying..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭AndyOHart

2 friends ordered a Nintendo Switch off them.
    Heard nothing about it for a few days so wrote to them, 1 of them got a response saying it was broken so they waiting on more stock. Got an email last night saying preparing for dispatch and will ship within 48 hours. Then today both got refunds put into their bank accounts. Check on eGlobal today and theres loads of Switches there but all 500+ now, they originally paid like 350!
    So I assume eGlobal cancelled knowing that people will pay way more

Advertisement