Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E global central

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Order a Fuji lens on 20-12 and its still showing as 'Processing'. Hoping its just the time of year delaying things however i would have expected it to be shipped by now at least.

It's the Christmas period, I'm guessing they're waiting for stock. The key is not to expect anything from eglobal, give them 4 weeks and don't bother tracking, it will only stress you out. I'd say mid January at this stage..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

Order a Fuji lens on 20-12 and its still showing as 'Processing'. Hoping its just the time of year delaying things however i would have expected it to be shipped by now at least.

well my paypal just got refunded, no email from eglobal or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

I ordered a camera recently.

21/12/19

Heard nothing back. I expected it would be extra busy at this time of year. But then I got tired of the silence. So I decided to email them as others said after they emailed them, they just got a dispatch email.

And this is precisely what happened. I emailed them, got a response about 8 hours later. It was a confirmation of dispatch and a new tracking number. At least its something. Now this email came through at around 18:00. So thats like 02:00am or there abouts in HK. It also came in to Promotions in Gmail. So, if you are expecting an email, check Spam folders and Promotions folders.

I bought a camera off them before and it was grand. Slow, but fine. I expected delays but it's worth it for the price.

I'll update when I know more.

Just a quick update. Sorry for the double-post but it seems you can't edit posts on this board.

Support actually got back to me yesterday (29th). They just said that my product has despatched.

Then today (30th) it says the courier has received the parcel and "it's on it's way to you."

We'll see how long that takes. I don't expect any deliveries before Friday the 3rd.

Waiting for a parcel as an adult is like being a kid waiting for Santa. It's crazy how often I remind myself and check for updates. It's hard to relax and be patient. Dying for my new toy.

EDIT: Now the message has changed from "We have your parcel and it's on it's way to you" to "We have your parcel and it's on it's way to our depot."

EDIT: Now the message has changed from "We have your parcel and it's on it's way to you" to "We have your parcel and it's on it's way to our depot."

It's all down to the postal service now. This time of year, I'd say it'll be more like the 6th at the earliest

• Advertisement

tedpan wrote: »
    It's all down to the postal service now. This time of year, I'd say it'll be more like the 6th at the earliest

I'd say so, yeah. At the earliest. I hate this wait, I can't stop thinking about it. I need something to distract me.

I'd say so, yeah. At the earliest. I hate this wait, I can't stop thinking about it. I need something to distract me.

Definitely, it's the worst thing having to wait for things from Asia. Hope it shows up soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Is there an email address for support? No matter what way I log into their support portal (through gmail, Facebook, directly etc.), as soon as I'm logged in I get a "this page does not exist".

Ordered headphones 9th December so probably just that time of year but would give them a nudge if it has a chance of doing anything.

Bawnmore wrote:
    Is there an email address for support? No matter what way I log into their support portal (through gmail, Facebook, directly etc.), as soon as I'm logged in I get a "this page does not exist".

Just reply to their order confirmation email. They will get back to you from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

Just reply to their order confirmation email. They will get back to you from there.

First anout 3 times it will be generic email.... not a person..... they support is absolutely useless.

• Advertisement

It actually came today! And the tracking seemed very accurate.

So, ordered on December 21st.
    Dispatch email on 27th
    Arrived today on Jan 2nd.

Not bad for the Christmas period using economy delivery.

That's my second item from EGC both items in the 4 digits price-wise.

Done - thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

After getting messed about with Eglobal I tried the same order with E-Infinity and the experience was chalk & cheese. Got regular updates, pictures of the item, DHL tracking, and was less than a week from order to delivery.

Will definitively use them again.

Bawnmore wrote: »
    Done - thanks!

Still waiting on this one. Got a response initially from support, but nothing since after a few follow up emails. It'll be a month tomorrow since the order which is a bit of a pain. I actually wouldn't mind at all if I was kept updated on progress.

After getting messed about with Eglobal I tried the same order with E-Infinity and the experience was chalk & cheese. Got regular updates, pictures of the item, DHL tracking, and was less than a week from order to delivery.

Will definitively use them again.

E-Infinity looks good. Their website is nice to use and I've just been hearing good things about their service. I was on their site looking to try use them for the first time to buy a 128gb CF card but they were charging £22 for shipping. That's just a bit crazy for card. I ended up using Amazon because it's worked out the same price. I guess most of the savings are made on more expensive/bigger hardware.

Bawnmore wrote: »
    Still waiting on this one. Got a response initially from support, but nothing since after a few follow up emails. It'll be a month tomorrow since the order which is a bit of a pain. I actually wouldn't mind at all if I was kept updated on progress.

Updated to say it's out for delivery today (hopefully). So exactly 1 month from order to delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

E-Infinity looks good. Their website is nice to use and I've just been hearing good things about their service. I was on their site looking to try use them for the first time to buy a 128gb CF card but they were charging £22 for shipping. That's just a bit crazy for card. I ended up using Amazon because it's worked out the same price. I guess most of the savings are made on more expensive/bigger hardware.

Where are you based ? I just went on 5 minutes ago to check prices of cards and batteries and on a single card, either XQD or CF, postage was free.

Last lot of stuff I got off them was free as well.

Where are you based ? I just went on 5 minutes ago to check prices of cards and batteries and on a single card, either XQD or CF, postage was free.

Last lot of stuff I got off them was free as well.

For real? I'm based in Ireland. I wasn't using a VPN. That's a pain.

I might try now if Amazon haven't dispatched.

Edit: Yeah it says free shipping. I'm on a desktop now. When I checked on my phone I was getting a £22

• Registered Users Posts: 22 gun8844

My exp with eglobal.

ordered phone (€500+) on 13th jan
    packing and delivering email on 16th jan
    Dispatch mail on 20th jan
    Delivered on 23rd Jan.

Seems things are in order but the tamper proof seal has been replaced with another seal. But got a IRE plug in the box.
    So i am assuming they opened the seal to change the plug.

Paid with paypal nd paid abt €10 for insurance . Started chasing them 2 days after order untill i got tracking number.
    First to make sure its in stock, for which they replied with " Packing and Delivering to you ".
    Then sent 2 mails requesting tracking number.

Hope phone works fine and i don't have to contact them again.
    this is my third order with them . my previous order was delayed by 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 conor.golden

Anyone order anything recently. Ordered on 2/2/2020 tracking now says Your parcel will arrive shortly at the courier depot. But I know this is just generic tracking. Anyone able to help. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Anyone order anything recently. Ordered on 2/2/2020 tracking now says Your parcel will arrive shortly at the courier depot. But I know this is just generic tracking. Anyone able to help. Thanks

Read the thread. Its normal.

Hogzy wrote:
    Read the thread. Its normal.

Yep. You probably have another 3-6 working days from that mail. Probably this time next week..

Anyone retuned anything to these?

Anyone retuned anything to these?

Did it arrive?

Did it arrive?

Yeah it did. All fine. Just the Japanese model is annoying as the camera click can’t be turned off and I use Snapchat a lot so would like to return.

Yeah it did. All fine. Just the Japanese model is annoying as the camera click can’t be turned off and I use Snapchat a lot so would like to return.

I would contact them ASAP, just reply to your order email from them. I'm guessing you're going to be frustrated, let us know how you get on...

I would contact them ASAP, just reply to your order email from them. I'm guessing you're going to be frustrated, let us know how you get on...

Yeah. Submitted a ‘ticket’ on their website straight away saying it was in faulty and then they email saying the want to know what’s wrong with it. No reply since. Will let you know. Thanks for Your help

Didn’t go well. I signed into the phone for a minute so now they won’t accept it because the Apple warranty has been activated.

My mistake I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Didn’t go well. I signed into the phone for a minute so now they won’t accept it because the Apple warranty has been activated.

My mistake I believe.

If eglobal were following the laws properly you should be able to return anything for a refund within 14 days even if opened and activated. But eglobal make their own laws and says in their returns section that any activated apple product cant be returned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

spix wrote: »
    If eglobal were following the laws properly you should be able to return anything for a refund within 14 days even if opened and activated. But eglobal make their own laws and says in their returns section that any activated apple product cant be returned.

Only applies to companies operating in the EU.

Advertisement