Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E global central

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

JTMan wrote:
    Yeah, but they sold a product to someone in the EU so they have to comply with EU law.

I could be wrong although thought that was only if you purchased within the EU.

Dealing with eglobal is tough pre sale, so I definitely wouldn't like to be in your shoes. Can't Google allow the repair to happen in an authorised repair centre locally?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,623 ✭✭✭✭banie01

JTMan wrote: »
    Yeah, but they sold a product to someone in the EU so they have to comply with EU law.

You tell them that, and then remind them of their obligations under the Irish Sale of Goods Act which for Irish consumers offers statutory protection in excess of the EU directive you wish to force them to comply with.

Their is no means to force vendors based outside of an EU jurisdiction to comply with EU distance based selling legislation.
    If there was, EGC would be a lot more expensive.
    Its one of the risks you run using grey market and non-EU suppliers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

tedpan wrote: »
    Can't Google allow the repair to happen in an authorised repair centre locally?

When I go to the Google repair website, and input my IMEI number, I get an error message. The error reads "This device has parts that can’t be repaired or replaced in this country. Repair options depend on where a device was purchased. View repair options by country". When I click on view repair options, it says to contact Google!!! Hence, I phoned Google and spent 2 hours on the phone to them, they said I was entitled to a repair but I had to do it via eGlobal Central EU but eGlobal Central EU say I am out of warranty.

Total mess :mad:

I assumed that a business who sells into the EU needs to comply with EU law. Clearly not the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

I think you'll need to pay for the repair.

This is why buying from Hong Kong is cheaper - there is that risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

I have bought 3 lens from eGlobal over the past 2/3 years. Each arrived within 6-8 days.

I was think of buying a camera from them but after reading the last few pages (95-100) I am now very reluctant. Think for peace of mind it will be somewhere within E,U

Great thread and thanks for updates

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭TempPeck

I bought a Phantom drone from them a few years ago and it arrived pretty quickly with no extra duties to pay. Just ordered a 360 camera - fingers crossed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭TempPeck

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SorenD

Hi, guys,

Wanted to share my experience with eGlobal Central.
    On 21.10.2019 I ordered a Nikon lens (AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED VR)
    Two days later, the order had been dispatched and on 30.10.2019 I received the lens (actually, I could have received it one day earlier but I missed the delivery guy :P)
    The lens was part of a kit and was very well packed in lots of bubble wrap.
    So far everything looks good.
    Even though I was a bit reluctant with ordering from eGlobal Central after reading this thread, now I declare myself more than happy (I saved more than €200 compared with Dublin camera stores prices)
    Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Just order Canon 100mm 2.8 L Macro.

My second Eglobal order. The first was also a lens. Arrived in 5 days.

This Canon cost €628.89. Best I can do locally is about €770 ex VAT.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭lavinia hathaway

Hi all, I ordered a phone from eglobal a week ago and heard nothing until I sent a mail asking for delivery tracking number. I have just received a mail telling me it's out of stock even though their site still lists it as being in stock. I am trying to submit a ticket for a refund but all the links are broken. Does anyone have a working one please? I don't want to wait weeks for delivery as it was intended as a birthday present. I have responded to the customer service mail stating such, but they are slow to respond. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Hi all, I ordered a phone from eglobal a week ago and heard nothing until I sent a mail asking for delivery tracking number. I have just received a mail telling me it's out of stock even though their site still lists it as being in stock. I am trying to submit a ticket for a refund but all the links are broken. Does anyone have a working one please? I don't want to wait weeks for delivery as it was intended as a birthday present. I have responded to the customer service mail stating such, but they are slow to respond. Thanks.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but have a read through the thread. This is a common occurrence with eGlobal. Never order from them if you are in a hurry. You will get delivery eventually but it will take a few weeks. I have placed two orders from them in the past and its taken around 2-3 weeks to get the item delivered. When items are that low a price there is always a catch. The catch here is it takes a while to receive the item. Their customer service is useless too.

Hogzy wrote:
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news but have a read through the thread. This is a common occurrence with eGlobal. Never order from them if you are in a hurry. You will get delivery eventually but it will take a few weeks. I have placed two orders from them in the past and its taken around 2-3 weeks to get the item delivered. When items are that low a price there is always a catch. The catch here is it takes a while to receive the item. Their customer service is useless too.

Yep, usually orders take around 10 working days, some can take a month..

Hogzy wrote: »

Thanks for your reply. I wouldn't mind waiting at all if I had some time frame but their message said none of their suppliers have it, which I wasn't informed about until I mailed them.
    I'm also concerned about the fact that their refund procedure is not accessible at all.

Yep, usually orders take around 10 working days, some can take a month..

Thanks for replying, it says 6-8 days onsite. Obviously I allowed a couple of weeks having read through the thread, but now I have just been told they don't have it and don't know when they will.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Was very sceptical as I had never used them before. Ordered a product and it arrived in exactly 10 days. :)

sunny2004 wrote: »
    Was very sceptical as I had never used them before. Ordered a product and it arrived in exactly 10 days. :)

That's good to hear thanks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Just a reminder ... don't just be happy you got the product for a bargain price, try it for a second then store it away. Test the product extensively and test every function, so you don't happen upon a fault later. I guarantee that alot of products eglobal sell have minor defects or have been previously repaired. People are wrongly under the assumption the price is low because they are 'grey market' but this is not true, on alot of items, they are even cheaper than the china prices on taobao.com. If china sellers cannot sell within china for eglobals price, thats a big red flag.

Give the product a thorough test immediately and don't just leave it there like I did then realise I missed the fault a few weeks later. I've dealt with eglobal customer support and tried a paypal dispute, if you don't notify them of any issues immediately they will consider it not 'faulty on arrival' and only give you the option to return it to hong kong as your own cost and paypal agree with this. They will never offer any money back as they know most people will not go through with the return to hk due to the cost unless the product is completely non functional.

spix wrote: »
    Just a reminder ... don't just be happy you got the product for a bargain price, try it for a second then store it away. Test the product extensively and test every function, so you don't happen upon a fault later. I guarantee that alot of products eglobal sell have minor defects or have been previously repaired. People are wrongly under the assumption the price is low because they are 'grey market' but this is not true, on alot of items, they are even cheaper than the china prices on taobao.com. If china sellers cannot sell within china for eglobals price, thats a big red flag.

Give the product a thorough test immediately and don't just leave it there like I did then realise I missed the fault a few weeks later. I've dealt with eglobal customer support and tried a paypal dispute, if you don't notify them of any issues immediately they will consider it not 'faulty on arrival' and only give you the option to return it to hong kong as your own cost and paypal agree with this. They will never offer any money back as they know most people will not go through with the return to hk due to the cost unless the product is completely non functional.

Many thanks for your detailed reply. I received 2 mails from them this morning cancelling my order as they can't fulfill it. I also checked with the bank and they seem to have left the debit unprocessed entirely so at least I didn't lose any money. Should they take any money in the coming days the bank will initiate a chargeback. From the sounds of your experience, I had a lucky escape and will definitely never deal with them again.

spix wrote:

I've purchased lots over the years with them. Phones are always brand new and sealed. Have you received a refurb/repaired item from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

I've purchased lots over the years with them. Phones are always brand new and sealed. Have you received a refurb/repaired item from them?

Same here.

• Advertisement

Same here.

Bet they ordered once, had an issue and then had a rant. Ah well..

I only ever placed one order with them, a global version redmi note 5. It arrived unsealed in a tatty box with a green line down entire left side of screen. Only appears of dark backgrounds and when phone has been turned on for a while so didn't notice it immediately. There was also 2 large black dots on the screen which were hidden under the writing on the factory screen protector so again I missed them initially.

I'm certain they were fully aware of the fault as I bought several global version xaiomi phones before and they were always sealed. But just an FYI, just because something is sealed doesn't mean it is new. Alot of refurbishers reseal the box to trick customers into thinking its new.

Bet they ordered once, had an issue and then had a rant. Ah well..

Yes I ordered once, got scammed then done research on them. Its easy to think just because you didn't have an issue or didn't notice any issue with your products that they are a reliable seller, they definitely aren't. Without a doubt, alot of their stock is grade items, refurbs and stolen goods which are blacklisted in country of origin. So many similar stories to mine on review sites, way more than there should be to consider this accidental on their part that they sent me something faulty. Their prices (on alot of items) are not low because the items they sell are 'cheaper in china', this is a myth. Not every product passes quality control, what do you think happens with those? You get some honest reselllers who sell them at discounted prices, disclosing the fault, then you get sellers like eglobal who pretend everything is brand new and hope nobody notices anything. Of course like any good scam, there has to be a certain percentage of happy customers to counter all the complaints.

Hogzy wrote: »

Is there 30 day returns policy affected by their tardy deliveries?

Or does the returns policy kick-in after delivery date? I presume so.

Thanks.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

It seems that linking to eGlobal on HUKD is no longer allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

A big thumbs up to E-Infinity for me.

Ordered a Nikon Z6 at 10.pm on Monday night. Mrs rang me at 11 this morning (Friday) to tell me it had arrived. Excellent communication, parcel tracking and new goods as expected.

I'm a fella that would prefer to buy local whenever possible but between camera kit, card and reader there's €400 of a difference, which, especially at this time of the year, was too much to pass up on.

First time buyer with E-Infinity and I couldn't be happier with the service.

Was waiting two weeks for my lens - my last lens from Eglobal arrived within a week.

So, I contacted An Post yesterday and gave them all the details. They said they knew nothing about it.

Then, at 09:00 this morning they delivered it.

Only my second Eglobal purchase. Both lenses. Happy outcome each time.

D.

Bought two OnePlus 7s, (8GB 256GB) for 369e each on Wednesday night, they shipped out today. I'm guessing 6-10 days from here.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

A big thumbs up to E-Infinity for me.

Ordered a Nikon Z6 at 10.pm on Monday night. Mrs rang me at 11 this morning (Friday) to tell me it had arrived. Excellent communication, parcel tracking and new goods as expected.

I'm a fella that would prefer to buy local whenever possible but between camera kit, card and reader there's €400 of a difference, which, especially at this time of the year, was too much to pass up on.

First time buyer with E-Infinity and I couldn't be happier with the service.

Delighted to read this as Im thinking of going full frame camera and someone told me to try them. Great prices.

I will order first week in January.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

Order a Fuji lens on 20-12 and its still showing as 'Processing'. Hoping its just the time of year delaying things however i would have expected it to be shipped by now at least.

Advertisement