Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E global central

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Agent_47

Got my case reopened by PayPal, EGlobal have until today to revert to PayPal. Item order 19 Feb.
    Never again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

For the money you save, is it worth the hassle or should I avoid? Haven't seen anything positive about them reading through the last few posts.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Shn99 wrote:
    For the money you save, is it worth the hassle or should I avoid? Haven't seen anything positive about them reading through the last few posts.

If you have serious patience and give yourself a 4-6 week lead time for it to arrive, it's worth it. If not, I'd avoid at present!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Shn99 wrote: »

The way things are at the moment, I would spend a little more locally.

I ordered a phone from Amazon a few weeks ago and it disappeared without trace immediately after leaving their warehouse in Germany. Amazon are very quick to refund, but E-Global would happily give you the runaround for at least a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭The Soup Thief

GBX wrote: »
    Sorry to say but I doubt you will get it before Sunday - you might get lucky but id say its a slim chance. Its common for them to say an item is in stock but it usually takes a week or more for them to move on from processing to even ship it out. Thats even before all the Covid delays. Ive used them without issues before but if I was ordering at the moment from them id allow myself a few weeks for delivery.

It's now 2 weeks since I ordered and the funds left my account
    Order status is "processing" still
    They're not replying to my emails

Anyone got any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

It's now 2 weeks since I ordered and the funds left my account
    Order status is "processing" still
    They're not replying to my emails

Anyone got any ideas?

Tracking Number: 743000001036896258
    > Delivery Status
    Delivery Status updated by every 24 hours
    Please note that this is the eGlobal Central ’s tracking page. Once your parcel has arrived at the local courier the link to their tracking page will be shown here.
    #DateParcel Status
    182020-05-15We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    172020-05-14We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    162020-05-13We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    152020-05-12We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    142020-05-11We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    132020-05-10We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    122020-05-09We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    112020-05-08We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    102020-05-07Due to unforseen circumstances there is a delay in your shipment. We will update here once we have news.
    92020-05-06Processing delay, your parcel will be out for delivery shortly.
    82020-05-05Shipment further connected.
    72020-05-04Your parcel will arrive shortly at the courier depot.
    62020-05-03Shipment is on its way to the local depot.
    52020-05-02Your parcel has arrived at a sort facility.
    42020-05-01Shipment will arrive at courier depot for sorting shortly.
    32020-04-30Shipment is en-route to courier depot.
    22020-04-29In transit.
    12020-04-28The parcel has been picked by the courier; The parcel has left the courier's warehouse.

This won't get your hopes up

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭limktime

I placed an order on May 5th. It still has a "Processing" status. Is there a typical timeframe before it ships, does anyone know? I've sent a few messages to them. Do they reply eventually or just ignore these messages?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,668 ✭✭✭corks finest

limktime wrote: »
    I placed an order on May 5th. It still has a "Processing" status. Is there a typical timeframe before it ships, does anyone know? I've sent a few messages to them. Do they reply eventually or just ignore these messages?

Toss a coin, serious,as some folk have no issues others line me had major issues with them

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

The thing with eglobal is that everything is ok until its not.I used them a good few times ,

but when my phone went 'missing' they were a disaster . The saving is not worth the grief is something goes wrong .

• Registered Users Posts: 10 JrdiH

bryaner wrote: »
    > Delivery Status
    Please note that this is the eGlobal Central ’s tracking page. Once your parcel has arrived at the local courier the link to their tracking page will be shown here.
    #DateParcel Status
    182020-05-15We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    172020-05-14We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    162020-05-13We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    152020-05-12We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    142020-05-11We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    132020-05-10We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    122020-05-09We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    112020-05-08We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    102020-05-07Due to unforseen circumstances there is a delay in your shipment. We will update here once we have news.
    22020-04-29In transit.
    12020-04-28The parcel has been picked by the courier; The parcel has left the courier's warehouse.

This won't get your hopes up

Looks like your parcel is going to be coming via GLS Netherlands. To track an eGlobalCentral order, remove the first and last 2 digits from the tracking number they provide and put it into the parcelsapp website (I can't link it as im a new user).

Example from your tracking number:

28 Apr 2020
    07:14
    The parcel data was entered into the GLS IT system; the parcel was not yet handed over to GLS.
    Netherlands

• Advertisement

Ah GLS, mine got to their depot before they sent it back to EGlobal, that was 1 April, EGlobal saying that they take 5-7 weeks to get returns, still no refund.... PayPal being very generous to them as well pushing out resolution till 30 May

Agent_47 wrote: »
    Ah GLS, mine got to their depot before they sent it back to EGlobal, that was 1 April, EGlobal saying that they take 5-7 weeks to get returns, still no refund.... PayPal being very generous to them as well pushing out resolution till 30 May

Ah, I ordered an iPad a couple weeks ago, apparently mine's coming via DPD UK. Still waiting for it to get to their warehouse though.

JrdiH wrote: »
    Ah, I ordered an iPad a couple weeks ago, apparently mine's coming via DPD UK. Still waiting for it to get to their warehouse though.

May the force be with you,,,

Looks like your parcel is going to be coming via GLS Netherlands. To track an eGlobalCentral order, remove the first and last 2 digits from the tracking number they provide and put it into the parcelsapp website (I can't link it as im a new user).

Example from your tracking number:

28 Apr 2020
    07:14
    The parcel data was entered into the GLS IT system; the parcel was not yet handed over to GLS.
    Netherlands

Line an ol girlfriend of mine,all promises no delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Ordered from them on the 02-05-2020. It stayed on "processing" and they didn't respond to any emails so after nearly 3 weeks I opened a dispute with Paypal to get my money back. As soon as I did this, it was dispatched.

Removing the first 2 and last 2 numbers from the tracking number gives me "Order information has been transmitted to DPD" dated nearly a week before it was shipped.
    I'm guessing it still hasn't been shipped but they said that to keep PayPal happy.

I was expecting delays but waiting nearly 3 weeks for it just to get sent was definitely more than I was expecting.

I've ordered a lot from Hong Kong before with different companies and it usually took 8-10 days between ordering and delivery. It's my first time using Eglobalcentral. Doubt I'll use them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭WAW

It took 4 to 6 weeks for my orders to arrive. I was prepared to wait but did get a bit concerned but said I'd just be patient. They arrived, perfect items. If you can wait, they are fine to order from.

Well, placed my order on 30 April, shipped on 13 May, got notification this morning it's with DPD in Belgium. I must be lucky.

7 2020-05-19 Your parcel has arrived at DPD, please follow this link for further information: ---
    6 2020-05-18 Shipment is on its way to the local depot.
    5 2020-05-17 Your parcel has arrived at a sort facility.
    4 2020-05-16 Shipment will arrive at courier depot for sorting shortly.
    3 2020-05-15 Shipment is en-route to courier depot.
    2 2020-05-14 In transit.
    1 2020-05-13 The parcel has been picked by the courier; The parcel has left the courier's warehouse.

Does anyone know the easiest way to cancel an order? Mine has been in the "Processing" state since May 5th and they're not replying to any of my emails or tickets. I'd be happy to wait it out if I got a response or saw some update on the order but the silence and lack of activity has me uneasy.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

limktime wrote:
    Does anyone know the easiest way to cancel an order? Mine has been in the "Processing" state since May 5th and they're not replying to any of my emails or tickets. I'd be happy to wait it out if I got a response or saw some update on the order but the silence and lack of activity has me uneasy.

Reply to your order confirmation email asking to cancel. If they don't reply within a day or two, escalate to PayPal.

Agent_47 wrote: »

Well I pushed PayPal that they were being very generous to Eglobal moving resolution into June and that the charge back would have to be filed against PayPal. Filed the charge back by post, next day, day 92 after purchasing PayPal indicated case closed in my favour. Refund due shortly.

Now I have used Eglobal 3 time's in the past, I won't be using them again, I learned a good deal about their customer service, it doesn't exist to help in the event of an issue or a problem with the goods.

Beaware. Returns between Holland and HK, where they are based, take 5-7 weeks according to their customer service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭The Soup Thief

Fwiw I placed an order about the 20th April (can't remember exactly - I posted the details above somewhere)
    The order was "processing" for nearly 4 weeks until last Tuesday, when I got an email saying my order was confirmed and about to be dispatched
    I had decided about an hour beforehand to cancel it as it was taking so damn long
    Due to receive it tomorrow or Wednesday
    Think they're just crazy overwhelmed at the moment, plus likely disruption to supply chains

I'd emailed and tweeted them half a dozen times asking wtf was going on (their website says orders are processed inside 48hrs) but like you, heard nothing back and was getting twitchy
    I'd suggest (if you still want the item) that you hold your nerve another week - it's rubbish, but these are the times we live in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭mossie

Well, placed my order on 30 April, shipped on 13 May, got notification this morning it's with DPD in Belgium. I must be lucky.

7 2020-05-19 Your parcel has arrived at DPD, please follow this link for further information: ---
    6 2020-05-18 Shipment is on its way to the local depot.
    5 2020-05-17 Your parcel has arrived at a sort facility.
    4 2020-05-16 Shipment will arrive at courier depot for sorting shortly.
    3 2020-05-15 Shipment is en-route to courier depot.
    2 2020-05-14 In transit.
    1 2020-05-13 The parcel has been picked by the courier; The parcel has left the courier's warehouse.

Mine is at "Shipment is on it's way to local depot". Parcels app show's order information submitted to DPD(seemingly in Belgium) on 19/5 but nothing since.

Hotel California scenario ( once u check in you can never leave)
    That's how they operate, have to wait I'm afraid,drive me bananas,never again
    PS I started a PayPal dispute with them, bombarded them with emails, gave them a horrible review on " Trust Pilot"
    Got my money refunded before PayPal pushed them, they are the Chinese equivalent of eir

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Ordered on the 7th, probably have it early next week.

This is my 5th time purchasing from them, its slow, but otherwise never any problems.

92020-05-26Your parcel has arrived at DPD, please follow this link for further information: 05xxxxxxxxxxx
    82020-05-25Shipment further connected.
    72020-05-24Your parcel will arrive shortly at the courier depot.
    62020-05-23Shipment is on its way to the local depot.
    52020-05-22Your parcel has arrived at a sort facility.
    42020-05-21Shipment will arrive at courier depot for sorting shortly.
    32020-05-20Shipment is en-route to courier depot.
    22020-05-19In transit.
    12020-05-18The parcel has been picked by the courier; The parcel has left the courier's warehouse.

Hotel California scenario ( once u check in you can never leave)
    That's how they operate, have to wait I'm afraid,drive me bananas,never again
    PS I started a PayPal dispute with them, bombarded them with emails, gave them a horrible review on " Trust Pilot"
    Got my money refunded before PayPal pushed them, they are the Chinese equivalent of eir

I've had my run-ins with eir in the past as well. Never again!

Anyway, I requested a refund at the weekend and opened a dispute with Paypal yesterday. Still no response to any of my messages but today the status is showing as "PayPal Reversed" so hopefully the money will show in my Paypal and that'll be the end of it.

#DateParcel Status
    302020-05-27We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible

That's the 30th update is that where it stops?

That was yesterday's no sign of 31 today.

Still on preadvice on gls website

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Mine arrived on Monday. It took 3 and a half weeks to arrive and there was almost radio silence on their end but the phone was way cheaper than elsewhere and arrived with no trouble.

I doubt I'll order with them again but it all worked out in the end.

Lockstep wrote: »
    Mine arrived on Monday. It took 3 and a half weeks to arrive and there was almost radio silence on their end but the phone was way cheaper than elsewhere and arrived with no trouble.

I doubt I'll order with them again but it all worked out in the end.

Mine has reached "shipment further connected" whatever that means.

mossie wrote: »
    Mine has reached "shipment further connected" whatever that means.

This is what you might be looking at.

> Delivery Status
    #DateParcel Status
    302020-05-27We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    292020-05-26We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    282020-05-25We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    272020-05-24We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    262020-05-23We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    252020-05-22We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    242020-05-21We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    232020-05-20We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    222020-05-19We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    212020-05-18We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    202020-05-17We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    192020-05-16We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    22020-04-29In transit.

• Advertisement

bryaner wrote: »
    This is what you might be looking at.

> Delivery Status
    #DateParcel Status
    302020-05-27We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    292020-05-26We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    282020-05-25We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    272020-05-24We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    262020-05-23We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    252020-05-22We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    242020-05-21We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    232020-05-20We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    222020-05-19We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    212020-05-18We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    202020-05-17We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    192020-05-16We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    22020-04-29In transit.

Oh God, could be a long wait so!

Advertisement