Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minister Shatter and Commissioner Callinan should both resign in disgrace

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭fr3d12

golfball37 wrote: »
    Indeed its makes a mockery now of their use of Jean McConville's name to answer any future questions from Adams or SF. They don't gve a toss about another innocent woman who was murdered judging by what Noonan aid on Newstalk earlier.

The gist of it was "What was all the fuss about, someone was charged with Mrs Roche-Kelly's death"

I really despair for the standard of person we elevate here.

Noonan is far from stupid and he knows well the issue is that if the Gardaí had done their jobs no one would have been murdered in the first place.
    McGrath was a ticking time bomb who attempted to murder the lady taxi driver and then abduct a child while on bail.
    They have no shame and the only way to hit them is where it hurts the most, in their pockets because it's the only language they understand.
    All Enda wants is to be known as the man who led Ireland out of the bailout, he's obsessed with his image abroad but in reality he did nothing only follow orders from Germany, a well trained monkey could have done the same job.
    He made easy decisions to hit ordinary people hard on numerous occasion's while societies so called elite have prospered.
    The constitution should be changed so that the pensions of TD's are linked to their performance.
    The last shower of wasters cost the country billions, changed irrevocably the lives of hundreds of thousands of people yet they were rewarded.
    I know I'm going off on a tangent but we live in country where cash wealthy criminals claim SW and receive free legal aid yet the self employed can't get neither when things go belly up for them.
    With each day that passes I become more ashamed to be an Irishman, they have made us a laughing stock the world over and sadly we allow them.
    We have no leader in Govt. and weak uncredible opposition in Sinn Fein and FF.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,670 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I know one thing, I'll seriously considered voting FF next time.

With so much external control over the country anyway, I can't see it making any difference.

Kenny and co set out their stall, were given a chance to prove this new way of doing things but quickly reverted to form.

Yes I think you probably have it nailed on the head

Give the choice between a party which will spend, spend, spend to buy votes and one which will try to bleed you from every angle and threaten you with the Revenue if you don't pay up, I can easily see FF winning a landslide next time out.

Both have proven themselves to be incompetent and self-serving but at least with FF's way you might be able to save a bit for the inevitable crash as, as we saw this time, being responsible and NOT going mad in the Good Times will only leave you more exposed to picking up the tab for those that did!

Disgraceful situation but that's how I see it.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    Give the choice between a party which will spend, spend, spend to buy votes and one which will try to bleed you from every angle and threaten you with the Revenue if you don't pay up, I can easily see FF winning a landslide next time out.
    Yay democracy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Yay democracy.

Dust off the new membership forms!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

FG and Labour must be either very stupid or very naive or quite possibly both. They don't seem to realise that their policies will drive people to vote for FF in the local elections/European Parliament elections and probably the next general election.
    This "Universal Healthcare" thing will be the final straw for many people.

• Advertisement

Dust off the new membership forms!!!

Is that you Enda:o

FG and Labour must be either very stupid or very naive or quite possibly both. They don't seem to realise that their policies will drive people to vote for FF in the local elections/European Parliament elections and probably the next general election.
    This "Universal Healthcare" thing will be the final straw for many people.

They don't care because many of them won't stand in the next election, Enda will do a Bertie and become an after dinner speaker.
    Gilmore and his wife have done very well for themselves from their (less than) public service, the Killimor school field and her other appointments as well as his pensions etc have made them millionaires and shatter has a huge global property portfolio and is probably the wealthiest man in Dail Eireann.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

I hear Michael Noonan being said not to be stupid. While he is obviously an intelligent man his handling of the late Bridget McCole situation was not very nice.

fr3d12 wrote: »
    They don't care because many of them won't stand in the next election, Enda will do a Bertie and become an after dinner speaker.
    Gilmore and his wife have done very well for themselves from their (less than) public service, the Killimor school field and her other appointments as well as his pensions etc have made them millionaires and shatter has a huge global property portfolio and is probably the wealthiest man in Dail Eireann.

I reckon the likes of Pat Rabbitte, Kathleen Lynch, Brendan Howlin and Ruairi Quinn will also bail before the next general election. They'll all retire on their obscene pensions and pay-offs. The only upside is, it will hasten the annihilation of the Labour Party for once and for all.

holyhead wrote: »
    I hear Michael Noonan being said not to be stupid. While he is obviously an intelligent man his handling of the late Bridget McCole situation was not very nice.

He's an insensitive arsehole. Always has been and always will be.

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

The only upside is, it will hasten the annihilation of the Labour Party for once and for all.
    Because if there's one thing this country desperately needs, it's fewer political parties.

I reckon the likes of Pat Rabbitte, Kathleen Lynch, Brendan Howlin and Ruairi Quinn will also bail before the next general election. They'll all retire on their obscene pensions and pay-offs. The only upside is, it will hasten the annihilation of the Labour Party for once and for all.

Michael Noonan is almost 70, Quinn and Rabbitte must be near to it as well so why aren't they made retire at 66 like everyone else.
    They are well past their sell by dates and haven't got the energy or the interest to properly fulfil their obligations as Ministers and TD's.
    It's a nest feathering exercise to bolster the trust funds of their young 'uns.

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Because if there's one thing this country desperately needs, it's fewer political parties.

Nope, it's fewer hypocritical parties. I expect Fianna Fáil and Fine Gael to be Janus-faced hypocrites, but when the Labour Party start doing it, then all hope in politics is lost. It's Tweedledum and Tweedle-dumber at this stage for the Irish electorate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭flutered

And we thought Fianna Fail were so bad.

Don't get me wrong, I've not forgotten and not defending them, but this shower is just as shameless.

Lies, loyalty to party above the people, I thought we were promised a new way of politics and some honour.

Scum, the lot of them.

my late father in law who died at the age of 88 about 12 years ago, always asked me never to vote for fg, he detested them with a vengence stating that the only people that they had any time for were the rich, also they were the first party to take money off the poor, they tried it in later years only for jim kemmy stopped them, if he was around nowdays one would need ear plugs to stop listen to his i told you so and his were i not right.

fr3d12 wrote: »
    Michael Noonan is almost 70, Quinn and Rabbitte must be near to it as well so why aren't they made retire at 66 like everyone else.
    They are well past their sell by dates and haven't got the energy or the interest to properly fulfil their obligations as Ministers and TD's.
    It's a nest feathering exercise to bolster the trust funds of their young 'uns.

It's one rule for them, and another rule for everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭flutered

it ceased to be the labour party many years ago, it was infiltrated by the workers party, some of whose members are sitting in the cabinet, the workers party were also known as the stickes, do your homework people, the same cabinet members who heckel gerry adams about his past, talk about neck and double standards.

flutered wrote: »
    it ceased to be the labour party many years ago, it was infiltrated by the workers party, some of whose members are sitting in the cabinet, the workers party were also known as the stickes, do your homework people, the same cabinet members who heckel gerry adams about his past, talk about neck and double standards.

Shure Gilmore was a great admirer of the North Koreans. I wonder if we could send him there for St Patrick's Day.....?

Worth reading this about Kathleen Lynch:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2005451/Bernard-Lynch-serves-assistant-junior-minister-wife-served-year-bars.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

it ceased to be the labour party many years ago, it was infiltrated by the workers party, some of whose members are sitting in the cabinet, the workers party were also known as the stickes, do your homework people, the same cabinet members who heckel gerry adams about his past, talk about neck and double standards .

I'm just gonna throw this out here.

http://oi41.tinypic.com/14acgk.jpg

He's a short memory our Eamo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,884 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Revealing to see Fine Gael haven`t abandoned there core belief. Fascis.And when you are a fascist party, always useful to have the police in a them against us frame of mind.
    Usefull for keeping the peasants in their place, and sure lads, should ye get in a bit of bother at any stage because a few of them die because of yer **** ups we`ll mind ye.
    So well done Shatter. A disgrace by any democratic accountability yardstick, but haven`t you served the well hidden, ideology of your party well.
    Off now to your tailor and order up some new blue shirts. I`m sure the next time we see you on the telly, you`ll be wearing one with pride.
    Labour in all this? Our great gaurdians of the working class? Beyond even contempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭h2005

Would have thought this would be the main story on the 6 o'clock news. RTE not too bothered?

I'm just gonna throw this out here.

http://oi41.tinypic.com/14acgk.jpg

He's a short memory our Eamo.

His amnesia began when he realised it would be easier and more lucrative to make money off the backs of the worker rather than fight for the rights of the working man.
    charlie14 wrote: »
    Revealing to see Fine Gael haven`t abandoned there core belief. Fascis.And when you are a fascist party, always useful to have the police in a them against us frame of mind.
    Usefull for keeping the peasants in their place, and sure lads, should ye get in a bit of bother at any stage because a few of them die because of yer **** ups we`ll mind ye.
    So well done Shatter. A disgrace by any democratic accountability yardstick, but haven`t you served the well hidden, ideology of your party well.
    Off now to your tailor and order up some new blue shirts. I`m sure the next time we see you on the telly, you`ll be wearing one with pride.
    Labour in all this? Our great gaurdians of the working class? Beyond even contempt.

For the last three decades it is the Labour party in name only, a true Labour party wouldn't have gone into Govt. with FG and what's even worse they only entered for the sake of it.
    They like the majority of politicians were born into well to do families and never seen a hard day in their lives, struggling to them is being down to the last couple of mil.

h2005 wrote: »
    Would have thought this would be the main story on the 6 o'clock news. RTE not too bothered?

Same with TV3, at least four news segments before it got a mention.

Mightn`t have made the news because the press office in the Phoenix Park hadn`t finished "briefing" the newspapers in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Enda Kenny is a very weak leader. The media piled onto the Enda bandwagon after his victory over Bruton in the attempted coup in their typical power worshipping style. But two points still are obvious from that event - one was immediately revealed, the other has taken a bit longer to become blatant.

The first that the Bruton wing of the party - large enough to attempt a heave - thought Enda Kenny was a poor leader, preferring Bruton. Indeed, risking their political career on the belief that Kenny was inferior to Bruton. Secondly, a lot of Kenny's key allies in the party...well, they seem to be quite dodgy, dont they? O'Reilly and Shatter - <snip>, and yet Kenny is too weak to go against them.

I don't believe in the Zombie FF hype, but Christ its almost hilarious how badly FG are trying to **** up the easy job they have. All they have to do is be more honest, less corrupt and more competent than Fianna Fail. All the important economic decisions are being made in Berlin and Frankfurt. All they need to do is keep things ticking over. And they're failing. They're making FF seem credible by comparison. And Kenny cant do anything about it because all his support comes from the incompetent, corrupt, gombeen wing of the party as indeed he does.

Seriously lads - next time out, just vote Independants. Any and all of them. A vote on a party candidate is a vote wasted.

bajer101 wrote: »

So Enda claims he didn't know anything when his office was furnished with the report.
    Surely they can't play dumb and keep a straight face at the same time, they must be trying really hard not to laugh when talking to the media.

We had Callinan investigating himself and now Shatter doing the same with the MoJ.

Pudding head O'Reilly must be glad of the respite.

bajer101 wrote: »

Looks like the country doesn`t need the expense of GSOC, the confidential recipient or even a minister for justice. A tape on a loop saying, "Nothing to see here, move on" will do the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

I think enda won't sack shatter as shatter has enough to blackmail him.
    Enda: I'm going to have to ask you to step down Alan
    Shatter: you will in your hole ask me to step down! You knew as much about this as I did. If I go down, you're coming down with me!
    Enda: ok so, I'll tell the dail that I have full confidence in you
    Shatter: that'll do so

• Advertisement

charlie14 wrote: »
    Looks like the country doesn`t need the expense of GSOC, the confidential recipient or even a minister for justice. A tape on a loop saying, "Nothing to see here, move on" will do the job.

Perhaps a two tier justice system like what we have in health might work, actually it's already in play just they haven't admitted it.
    sopretty wrote: »
    I think enda won't sack shatter as shatter has enough to blackmail him.
    Enda: I'm going to have to ask you to step down Alan
    Shatter: you will in your hole ask me to step down! You knew as much about this as I did. If I go down, you're coming down with me!
    Enda: ok so, I'll tell the dail that I have full confidence in you
    Shatter: that'll do so

Exactly how it went down.

Advertisement