Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minister Shatter and Commissioner Callinan should both resign in disgrace

Options
1858687888991»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

kbannon wrote: »
    Any leader facing a motion of no confidence and doesn't do what Enda has just done should not be Taoiseach.

Is there any actual point to it? It isn't as if he there's any danger whatsoever that he'll lose it.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

K-9 wrote: »
    Is there any actual point to it? It isn't as if he there's any danger whatsoever that he'll lose it.
    It's all about PR.
    The news headline was presumably* something like "the government today won a confidence motion in Enda Kenny" rather than like "the government today won a motion of no confidence in Enda Kenny". Aesthetics really.

Like I said earlier, it is all timewasting when they all (i.e. all parties) have so much else to do.

* I've been working all day and haven't heard the news!

Advertisement