Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BATTLEFRONT (by DICE)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Yeah, its a pretty cool game when you get over the fact that its light on content and DLC is going to cost nearly as much as the game.

That said, had some really good games last night. Combo of winning objectives and playing well made it an enjoyable experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Hello Star Wars Battlefront fans,

In the two months since we launched Star Wars™ Battlefront™, millions of you have been enjoying the authentic, immersive, and visually stunning Star Wars experience our team at DICE set out to deliver with Star Wars Battlefront.

As we said back in November, the release of Star Wars Battlefront was just the beginning. Our team has been listening to your feedback and building a calendar of new content and tuning changes we will be making to the game throughout 2016. All fans will get free* content that includes new maps for both multiplayer and Missions modes, the introduction of Private Matches, new Hero outfits, and more. Fans looking to get even more out of their Star Wars Battlefront experience can look forward to the Star Wars Battlefront Season Pass*, which will introduce a wealth of fresh content set across exciting new locations including Bespin, the Death Star, and more.

We began our post-launch journey together last month with the Battle of Jakku DLC, adding two new maps and the new mode Turning Point. Tomorrow, we are adding more free content to the game for all Star Wars Battlefront players, including:

The Tatooine Survival map will now support the Blast, Droid Run, Drop Zone, Hero Hunt, and Heroes vs Villains multiplayer modes, and is called Raider Camp.
    New Hoth-themed outfits for Luke Skywalker and Han Solo, both of which will be available to all fans when they play as these two iconic characters on the Hoth – these were unlocked by our players for completing our Heroes’ Holiday community mission last month.
    We are giving players the ability to create Private Matches, which makes playing with friends even easier.
    The introduction of Daily Challenges and Community Events. These are designed to rally the Community around certain goals and objectives, giving players the chance to earn credits and unlocks even faster. We'll have more news regarding Community Events and Daily Challenges in the days ahead.
    And of course, we are also including some overall balancing tweaks to both weapons and multiplayer modes.
    In February, we will continue to add more free content for all players, including a new Survival mission on Hoth, and a brand-new Hoth multiplayer map that will support our larger game modes including Walker Assault, Supremacy, Fighter Squadron and Turning Point. Speaking of Turning Point, we are also excited to make this popular mode available on all maps that currently support Walker Assault and Supremacy in the February update.

In March, we will be adding another exciting new multiplayer map on Endor that will support Walker Assault, Supremacy, and Turning Point, and an additional Tatooine Survival map.

In addition to the free content we will be delivering through March, we will continue to listen to our community throughout the year and provide updates designed to make Star Wars Battlefront even more fun for everyone.

Now, a lot of you have been asking for more details around Season Pass, and we want to give you some more information today. Season Pass is going to give you more of the content you love -- maps and modes, Heroes, weapons, and more. We are thrilled to share with you the names of each digital expansion pack, as well as some details on what players can expect with each one and when they will be available.

Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Outer Rim (March 2016) - Fight among the factories of Sullust and battle within Jabba the Hutt's palace on Tatooine
    Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Bespin (Summer 2016) - It's hunt or be hunted in this action-packed experience set in the Cloud City of Bespin
    Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Death Star (Fall 2016) – That’s no moon! One of the most iconic locations in the Star Wars universe makes its debut in Star Wars Battlefront.
    Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Expansion Pack 4 – Title TBA (Early 2017) – We will have more details to share about this exciting new expansion pack in the coming months.
    All this content is available as part of the Star Wars Battlefront Season Pass, available now for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and on Origin for PC. Each digital expansion pack will also be available separately. Head on over to our website to learn more about all the exciting content you can expect.

At DICE, we're passionate about what we've created with Star Wars Battlefront, and are committed to supporting not only the game but all of our fans over the months ahead. We can’t wait to keep traveling through the galaxy far, far away, with all of you.

And as always, may the Force™ be with you!

Sigurlina Ingvarsdottir
    Senior Producer
    Star Wars Battlefront

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/news/star-wars-battlefront-the-road-ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Four maps for €50?! Excuse me for one moment..... BAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAA!

*ahem*

I am glad I didn't buy this game and even though a part of me thought it might be a more complete title with the season pass, it is now clear that EA are thieves or Disney have them tied up with what they can re-produce from the license. Would it not have made sense (and to promote The Force Awakens) to have created the map of Maz's castle and have players fighting there!? Ugh. The EAmpire Strikes Back, indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Four maps for €50?! Excuse me for one moment..... BAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAA!

*ahem*

I am glad I didn't buy this game and even though a part of me thought it might be a more complete title with the season pass, it is now clear that EA are thieves or Disney have them tied up with what they can re-produce from the license. Would it not have made sense (and to promote The Force Awakens) to have created the map of Maz's castle and have players fighting there!? Ugh. The EAmpire Strikes Back, indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

It seems they are adding two new maps with the Endor and Hoth tile set for free which is decent i suppose. Only "Expansion" number 2 and 3 have BRAND new maps to be honest. Expansion 1 has two maps but they use tile sets already in the game from Sullust and Tatooine so they will feel somewhat familiar.

So far the season pass will get you 2 maps set in new locations for ‎€50. Sweet :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

I havent played it since December but Id give it another chance with the downloads

also Ill probably buy the pass if it is actually good dlc

I guess im the weak and gullible EA have targeted:pac:

I bought Ultimate Edition which includes season pass for just €56 digitally on XB1 so I won't complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Thats sealed that then, I will wait for a season pass sale.

May even trade the game in and wait for it on EA Access.

New map "Twilight on Hoth" looks very nice:

SnHHLSe.png

C3pdJUg.png

qRBxv4V.png

oLqrMRx.png

4.4GB update also available.

Below are the patch notes specific to PlayStation 4, PC, and Xbox One for the February Update.

Additional Content/Functionality
    - General: Jakku DLC Content is being patched into the game, downloading it separately via platform storefronts is no longer required and can be deleted from your hard drives
    - New Map: Twilight on Hoth added to Walker Assault, Supremacy, Turning Point, Blast, Fighter Squadron, Drop Zone, and Heroes vs. Villains
    - New Mission: Survival in the Ice Caves added to Survival Missions
    - Turning Point: Jundland Wastes, Forest of Endor, Outpost Beta, and SoroSuub Centroplex maps added to the playlist
    - Attract Mode: GNK Droid added - GONK!
    - Settings: Turning off music in the Sound menu now turns off music everywhere in the game
    - Settings: Added a Film Grain setting slider in the Video menu
    - Credits: Updated Game Credits list
    - Weapon and Star Card Changes
    - Primary Weapons: Damage against air vehicles increased by 10%
    - Bowcaster: Explosion damage increased from 10 to 15 per projectile and explosion radius decreased from 3 to 2.5m
    - Bowcaster: Full charge direct hit from 20 to 40 per projectile and a normal direct hit increased from 20 to 30 per projectile
    - Barrage: Damage increased from 50 to 55
    - Barrage: Cooldown reduced from 40 to 35s (normal) and from 35 to 30s (upgraded)
    - Barrage: First volley of grenades no longer disappear if the user uses the Refresh Power-up and then fires a second volley
    - Homing Shot: Lock time decreased from 1.5 to 1.2s
    - Homing Shot: Players in the AT-GAR turret now receive on-screen notification when locked on
    - ION Torpedo: Speed increased from 350 to 380m/s and turning angle increased from 120 to 125 in order to more easily hit air vehicles
    - Pulse Rifle: Movement speed while aiming decreased by 30%
    - Tusken Cycler Rifle: Movement speed while aiming increased by 40%
    - Tusken Cycler Rifle: Bullet speed increased from 300 to 450m/s
    - Orbital Strike: Fixed bug where it sometimes would not trigger on button press

Vehicle changes
    - A-Wing: Increased hit box size
    - A-Wing: Now properly takes damage when colliding with an AT-ST while having the Shield active
    - Slave I: Players can now see the Shield icon on Rebel vehicles when a Shield is active
    - AT-ST: T-47 Airspeeder kills with a missle while firing the primary cannons at the same time now properly awards a kill (previously registered as a suicide)
    - AT-AT: Fixed bug where the Orbital Strike ability would sometimes not have the aiming reticle move
    - T-47 Airspeeder: Players will no longer receive an out of bounds message on Graveyard of Giants during Turning Point when a control point is captured

Multiplayer Game Mode Changes
    - General: Pre-Round timer lowered from 30s to 20s
    - Walker Assault: Fixed Power-up spawns on SoroSuub Centroplex
    - Walker Assault: AT-AT health increased by 18% on Outpost Beta, 8% on Jundland Wastes, 20% on Forest of Endor, 4% on SoroSuub Centroplex, and 5% on Graveyard of Giants
    - Walker Assault: Spawning as an Imperial Hero after the AT-ATs just pass the second set of uplinks no longer despawns one of the AT-ATs
    - Walker Assault: The second AT-AT no longer bumps into the wreckage of the other on SoroSuub Centroplex when the first AT-AT is destroyed during the first Uplink
    - Droid Run: Correct Objective Notification is now displayed to all players if someone is killed while trying to claim the Droid
    - Droid Run: Improved spawn zones on Dune Sea Exchange
    - Supremacy: Fixed Power-up spawns on Jundland Wastes, Forest of Endor, and SoroSuub Centroplex
    - Supremacy: Improved spawn zones on Jundland Wastes, Outpost Beta, and Forest of Endor
    - Heroes vs. Villains: Planted turrets on Dune Sea Exchange will now disappear in-between rounds
    - Hero Hunt: Improved spawn zones on Ice Caves
    - Fighter Squadron: Players are now protected while spawning on Graveyard of Giants

Mission Changes
    - General: Both players will now properly see Charge Card pick-ups if Player One is using a 3rd Star Card Hand without a Charge Card
    - General: Player 2's changes to control settings no longer update Player 1's controls when playing Split-Screen
    - Battle: Fixed AI Spawn issues on Tatooine
    - Survival: Wave 10 on Sullust will now always spawn if the player / co-op team dies and restarts the round or if a player picks up a Collectible during the Wave 9 transition
    - Survival: Partner spawns on Sullust will no longer fail if the currently alive player is in a confined area
    - Survival: Co-Op players can now unlock the "Complete on Hard Difficulty without spending a life" if one player dies and then waits until the other player completes the wave so they get a free respawn

Hero changes
    - General: Heroes no longer get stuck in a stunned animation state
    - Princess Leia: Endor outfit updated - Congrats on completing the Lead the Rebellion challenge!
    - Princess Leia: Trooper Bane now only knocks back primary target, not nearby enemies
    - Luke Skywalker: Increased Saber Rush's damage against other Heroes from 2% to 6-8%
    - Luke Skywalker: Lightsaber swing hit radius is reduced from 0.3 to 0.25m
    - Han Solo: Zooming in no longer sometimes displays a gun scope
    - Emperor Palpatine's Shocktroopers: Modified primary weapon damage to match Leia's Honor Guards' primary weapon damage over time

Misc. Bug fixes
    - General: Lighting, textures, audio, user interface, text, and collision fixes
    - Controls: Legacy control schemes have had their layouts more clearly defined
    - Colorblind: Enemy players highlighted with Scan Pulse now have the correct Deuteranopia or Protanopia settings on Graveyard of Giants and Goazan Badlands
    - PC only: Fixed a bug where a player would lose functionality with an Xbox 360 controller after inviting a player to a Private Match and then starting the game
    - PC only: Air vehicle sensitivity lowered from 0.9 to 0.45 for easier mouse control
    - Achievements / Trophies: Updated text on "Impressive. Most Impressive." and "Survivor" to clarify the requirements
    - Achievements / Trophies: "Playing the Objective" now properly awarded

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,449 ✭✭✭tigger123

Anyone get the new DLC?

tigger123 wrote: »
    Anyone get the new DLC?

It's not out yet tho is it?

Have the season pass so will try it once it drops :P

A seriously cool new map added to the game today called "Survivors of Endor".

Additional Content/Functionality:

New Mission: Rebel Depot on Tatooine added as a new Survival Mission.

New Map: Survivors of Endor added to Walker Assault, Supremacy, and Turning Point

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    A seriously cool new map added to the game today called "Survivors of Endor".

Additional Content/Functionality:

New Mission: Rebel Depot on Tatooine added as a new Survival Mission.

New Map: Survivors of Endor added to Walker Assault, Supremacy, and Turning Point

Looks amazing. Is it for all players, or just premium?

Looks amazing. Is it for all players, or just premium?

Tis free! :cool:

Jabba The Hutt missions coming soon as well as the DL-18 being added to the game, all also for free:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Well lads, I picked up Battlefield 4 last month on the psn store for cheap, played it before on the 360 a few years ago but didn't play much of anything over the last 3 years. Bought a ps4 last year and I'm hooked again. Im loving Battlefield and was looking at Battlefront, is it worth buying? I'm not a massive Star Wars fan but I like the idea of a game of it like Battlefield.

hefferboi wrote: »
    Well lads, I picked up Battlefield 4 last month on the psn store for cheap, played it before on the 360 a few years ago but didn't play much of anything over the last 3 years. Bought a ps4 last year and I'm hooked again. Im loving Battlefield and was looking at Battlefront, is it worth buying? I'm not a massive Star Wars fan but I like the idea of a game of it like Battlefield.

Its good, but not anywhere as great as BF4. I got it on sale from the PSN Store for 35 and am very happy with it. I'm not so sure how happy I would have been if I paid 75 quid for it.

It seems that Dice are quite aware of the lack of depth in the game and are releasing a load of free DLC over the next year.

Buy it 2nd hand when you get a little jaded with Battlefield would be my advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I played about 15-20 hours and got bored, and I am a huge Star Wars fan. It's just such a shallow game compared to Battlefield, I suppose some of this free DLC will help but I would say their decision to release the game as a skeletal bare-bones one has turned many people off. The original Battlefront games had way more going for them in terms of diversity and that was over 10 years ago.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Tried to play this lastnight for the first time in 2016 and couldn't find a game at 6pm, game is dead on pc.

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »
    Tried to play this lastnight for the first time in 2016 and couldn't find a game at 6pm, game is dead on pc.

I wonder how that happens. How does a game die on PC, while its still quite healthy on PS4?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Dcully wrote: »

Not signed in for weeks cause of this. Usually lucky if you can find a game thats not fighter squad. It really has died on PC and it's such a shame :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I wonder how that happens. How does a game die on PC, while its still quite healthy on PS4?

PC gamers have a hell of a lot more options for their gaming needs than on a console.
    There are literally hundreds of really busy and popular multiplayer shooters on PC where as the consoles maybe have a handful at best.

yeah heard it died on pc before xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

yeah heard it died on pc before xmas

In contrast to battlefield 4 which is still has a load of people playing !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Coz we gots options.. So keep yo battlefront ps4 trash..."As he knocks of pc to play bf4 on with his peasant friends".

It's not a bad game its just lacking in the main BF mode IMO.

The game has to be geared towards conquest and it only has a "rush" styled conquest mode.

If it just had a Star Wars settings with 1/2 classes(auto and single fired guns) and BF styled conquest gameplay along with similar powered vehicles as BF it would have been amazing.

The template was there.
    It didn't need to be altered as much as they did, and the spread of the game modes and design to fit that just didn't work.

For me anyway it wouldn't matter what they add when they neglected the one long term playing game mode from the start.

dont like she shooting on it,not as good battlefields, guns always seem under powered and the same. hard to hit targets as so much of a kick back when firing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

For once, I''m glad I didn't buy a premium edition or season pass. The game is dead on PC. I'd avoid.
    Consoles still doing well though. Update did nothing for pc though. Still waiting forever to get into a game.

Literally just uninstalled and doubt I'll go back.

Advertisement