Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BATTLEFRONT (by DICE)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

They may look pretty but are they well designed?
    Didnt look like it to me in the beta

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Having an absolute blast playing this game.

I like the Cargo mode a lot. Its Battlefront's version of capture the flag. People moving together has a team to retrieve cargo from the enemy base. The game really does encourage players to move in a pack which is great to see. I had some real intense battles getting cargo across to our base. Best feeling ever when your team is shooting over you to provide cover fire while the Star Wars themes are playing. Just awesome.

I thought Flight squadron would be boring just like Battlefield's air superiority mode is (IMO). It was so much fun and an amazing to experience flying in all the different starfighters. There are some AI in the air also. At varies stages they introduce little objectives like defending a convoy or attack an Imperial landing craft and so on. Come across a hero token and spawn in the millennium falcon which I never got to do unfortunately, however I damaged it a good few times during the games and others eventually took it down. Its a tough cookie. Could it get old.... maybe but I think the developers have done the best the can with such a mode.

Played Dropzone which was my favourite mode from the beta and was still very impressed with it has an intense team based mode. Capturing drop pods that land as quickly as possible and defending them lead to some great firefights.

I played some Hero hunt which plays well. One person starts has a hero and the others have to kill the hero. Whoever kills the hero becomes the hero and the person with the most kills at the end of the game wins. I'd say the mode is just bite sized fun and not really a meat and potato mode.

Surprisingly enough I didn't bother with walker assault tonight.

If I had one criticism its that there seems to be a fair bit of overlap with the maps. So one map used in varies modes etc and its disapointing that the Death star isn't part of the game due to the timeline of when the game takes place. I can't help but think that a Battlefront sequel to this game might take place prior to these events like Battlefront 2.

I didn't play Supremacy so maybe one of the other lads on Xbox can fill us in on that mode.

So far for me its gone from a might purchase to a definite purchase.

• Administrators Posts: 53,438 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I think it's good.

Supremacy is the best mode IMO. It's just a mental 20 v 20 capturing points type mode. There are 5 points, if one team captures them all they win but you have to capture them in order.

Hero Hunt is ok but gets boring a bit fast.

Flight squadron is fun too.

Played walker assault and it's good as well but you need a decent team. Really you need someone to get into the a wing and tie up the walkers legs.

Some of the maps are not very fair because of how the characters look. The storm troopers blend in well on the snow maps, whereas on the jungle maps the rebels blend in and the storm troopers stick out a mile away. Visually though most of the maps are amazing.

It's really fun because most game modes are different to the usual modes in FPS games. The heroes in the game are very powerful and difficult to kill, you have absolutely no chance 1 on 1. You need a group of people and even then it'll take a while to wear them down.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

awec wrote: »
    I think it's good.

Supremacy is the best mode IMO. It's just a mental 20 v 20 capturing points type mode. There are 5 points, if one team captures them all they win but you have to capture them in order.

Hero Hunt is ok but gets boring a bit fast.

Flight squadron is fun too.

Played walker assault and it's good as well but you need a decent team. Really you need someone to get into the a wing and tie up the walkers legs.

Some of the maps are not very fair because of how the characters look. The storm troopers blend in well on the snow maps, whereas on the jungle maps the rebels blend in and the storm troopers stick out a mile away. Visually though most of the maps are amazing.

It's really fun because most game modes are different to the usual modes in FPS games. The heroes in the game are very powerful and difficult to kill, you have absolutely no chance 1 on 1. You need a group of people and even then it'll take a while to wear them down.

Actually I noticed that too. On snow map storm troopers are okay, but still cam be a bit nasty. Though that forest map... Rebels came is just mentally op. Can't see them at all.
    My other gripe is the visual customisation. Helmets off just is not cool and actually takes a little bit of immersion out. The thing is that other then that immersion factor in this is way better tjen I expected specially in two main game modes. Everything looks, sounds. And feels like a scene from starwars. Maybe even better.

Rebel customisation is a joke all together. I won't even go there. Nobody will even notice your head is different...

All in all I really enjoying it. I am playing it with that 10h ea trial. Thing is I doubt I will buy it now. Spending about 110eu on it now is way too much. And the thing with these new ea games that they integrate the damn season pass very deep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

I forgot this was out tomorrow. Goody goody :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Noxin wrote:
    I forgot this was out tomorrow. Goody goody

19th in Ireland unless you bought from foreign market of course

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Been playing on the Xbox One trial and it's left me feeling that the game is very threadbare map wise. Just four locations make it feel even more limited and I'm still on the fence whether or not to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Been playing on the Xbox One trial and it's left me feeling that the game is very threadbare map wise. Just four locations make it feel even more limited and I'm still on the fence whether or not to buy.

Is there only 4 maps? Really?!

12 maps at launch just not all available in all game modes.

Kinda. Sections of the maps are closed and open in different modes but even then, there's only 12 variations set across four different areas.

Having played through the EA Access trial, I feel I've already seen everything in the game and there's just not enough there to warrant spending €70. It just seems threadbare.

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    19th in Ireland unless you bought from foreign market of course

Ohh wow. Who the hell still releases on separate dates? The retardedness is strong. Must not give in to anger... :mad:

Noxin wrote: »
    Ohh wow. Who the hell still releases on separate dates? The retardedness is strong. Must not give in to anger... :mad:

Bethesda did the same for Fallout 4 for Asia :/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

It's either stagger the releases or wait two weeks for the download

errlloyd wrote: »
    It's either stagger the releases or wait two weeks for the download

Thats why they should (and did) allow pre-loading. It's been available since the 13th.

Noxin wrote:
    Thats why they should (and did) allow pre-loading. It's been available since the 13th.

And a month ago on XB1

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Been playing on PC since yesterday,just like the beta it was fun for a couple of hours at best then it becomes crystal clear it has absolutely no depth.
    If you played the beta you played the game basically.
    Just sent off refund request on origin.

Yep it's even more obvious with the EA Access trial on Xbox One. Those free 10 hours will have convinced a lot of people not to buy the game, there's just so little to it in terms of content.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭dereks

Was thinking about picking this up for Christmas, i've had a look at some review scores and it's getting 7/8-10, consensus seems to be after 10 hours there's not much else, would that be fair to say?

I've already picked it up as I need a new shooter. BF4 is kinda boring me now and hardline is dead.

Don't forget that there are two new maps coming to everyone early December. Might not be enough for everyone but I really enjoyed the beta and didn't get bored of it then. This has even more than that so will keep me ticking over for a while.

I didn't get get the ultimate edition this time as there was no money being saved, so if, on the off chance I do get bored.. at least I didn't waste too much money :D

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭psnKOB79LFC

I told my kids I am getting it and now kinda regret it.

Dont want to sign up to something that says "12 maps" which really is 4 large maps and a few infantry only maps. That is not 12 maps in my view and is purely marketing ploys at its finest.

Disappointing really; they did their best to make it unlike BF and it just looks so plain. Also where is the destruction by the way?... hmmm

Heros are unbelievably annoying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Had to search for this thread. Why is it hidden in a Battlefied forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Playing this today on PC. First impressions are very good but I would be concerned with the lack of content too. Its very light

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

It's the first thread on the list, below the stickies. :confused:

Sure it is, but in a Battlefied forum.

Yeah I found it hard to find initially too.

I know it's a DICE game but it isn't Battlefield so shouldn't be in the Battlefield sub-forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

is it out tomorow or friday ?

Says 3 hours on my PS4 countdown.

Yeah tomorrow the 19th. So midnight tonight of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I know it's a DICE game but it isn't Battlefield so shouldn't be in the Battlefield sub-forum.

True enough...

Advertisement