Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BATTLEFRONT (by DICE)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

EGriff wrote: »
    But in this game there's no reviving, no medpacks/ammopacks and none of the vechiles take more than one person. All your squad mate is is a mobile spawn point really.

True enough but if you are working together and using some sort of voice chat, playing with someone is always much better. You die a lot less and can work towards specific goals instead or running around like headless chickens trying to pew pew anything that moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Key Features

- Experience the events that created the massive, battle-scarred landscape of Jakku shown in Star Wars™: The Force Awakens™
    - 2 new maps set on the all-new planet of Jakku
    - Turning Point game mode
    - Available December 1st, 2015 for those that pre-ordered Star Wars™ Battlefront™
    - Available as a free download to all players on December 8th, 2015

Two new exciting maps

Graveyard of Giants
    Fight on the Graveyard of Giants in Turning Point, Supremacy, Walker Assault, and Fighter Squadron

Goazan Badalands
    Experience the badlands of Goazan in Blast, Drop Zone, Droid Run, Cargo, Hero Hunt, and Heroes vs. Villains.

Turning Point game mode

Turning Point is a vast Star Wars Battlefront game mode for 40 players, included in The Battle of Jakku. The Rebels spawn in and need to locate three control points in Imperial control and try to capture one of these. The clock is ticking, but if the Rebels succeed with a capture additional time will be added and new control points will be available for capture. Moving through these increasingly challenging checkpoints, the ultimate goal is the Empire’s base where the final stand will take place.

Btw there is a mod available that makes the game look crazy realistic. Looks more like a star wars movie than a game but it is of course a big drain on fps. Check it out here:

http://imgur.com/gallery/ib8nW

More maps being added for free in the future as well as the maps coming with season pass.

EA-Star-Wars.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

im really too be old to be getting excited after reading that but I am :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Btw there is a mod available that makes the game look crazy realistic. Looks more like a star wars movie than a game but it is of course a big drain on fps. Check it out here:

http://imgur.com/gallery/ib8nW

Thats frickin amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

It's impossible to play this game without a big smile on your face.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    More maps being added for free in the future as well as the maps coming with season pass.

http://anony.ws/i/2015/11/24/EA-Star-Wars.jpg

That's deadly. Part of me is not too surprised after the amount of content comments. Delighted they realized it and said they will give a bit back for free.

That mod... is that real? That can't be real.. It's not real is it? Seriously? Nope... I don't believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Noxin wrote: »
    That's deadly. Part of me is not too surprised after the amount of content comments. Delighted they realized it and said they will give a bit back for free.

That mod... is that real? That can't be real.. It's not real is it? Seriously? Nope... I don't believe it.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-wars-battlefront-mod-makes-graphics-look-even/1100-6432563/

I will gladly install it when he releases it, just to watch my 970 grow legs and walk out of my house while shouting profanities at me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Really enjoying it so far, still yet to win a walker assault though. Seems you really need everyone working on the one job to win that. The sooner they do away with K/D on players in game score cards the better(in game modes where k/d ratio is not the goal).

Little tip - if you need cash quick. Just into Fighter Squadron.

The games are quick and generally net 500-1200 credits depending on how good you are. I needed 5k yesterday for my first Trait purchase and got it very quick. Easy money is downing the transports and doing decent damage to hero ships.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

I really want to love this game but its incredibly frustrating. I seriously cannot aim for sh1t in this game.

Playing on a PS4. I can't seem to hit anything right in front of me yet I'm getting taken out from miles away on Hoth and other maps. Tried both first person and third person. No difference.

I've played other FPS games on consoles and never had this issue.

Maybe I'm just crap.

no same thing with myself too, I aim but no matter which weapon I am using I need to hit them 6-10x and after the 4th hit on target I am nowhere near hitting them.

they shoot me with 1-2 shots

absolute no skill into the shooting. I even have the "steady aim" thing but it is **** as you have to hold the triangle button whilst firing so if the target moves you dont have a free finger to move the controller on to them

Im hoping that EA sort it out

I think you just press the button to enable focus fire and it turns it on. You don't need to hold it down. Then when you start firing it increases your accuracy for a couple of seconds.

I found turning the sensitivity down helped.

perhaps, definitely says to hold down the button though but I will try what you just posted

perhaps, definitely says to hold down the button though but I will try what you just posted

Hold down to activate it I think that means. If you try the other cards like ion shot the barrel of the gun changes colour slightly, kind of electrified.

Would need 7 fingers if you had to hold down triangle.

Changing sensitivity made a huge improvement in the last couple of games. My tracking and aiming is getting better. Hopefully its not just a short term thing.

Also, the barrage star card is pretty good. For someone like me who isn't great at aiming, a hefty grenade launcher comes in very handy. And the jet pack to get the flock out of dodge when sh1t goes down.

Also, on the maps with turrets, get in the them ASAP and blow the living jaysis out of anything that moves. The cube turrets on the lava planet are savage, especially when playing as rebels, you can rack up the kills from a nice safe distance and also prevent the imperials from turning off the beacons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Hey all, I've been looking at some videos of Star Wars Battlefront and looks great. Im hoping to get it for the PS4 but was wondering, can you switch between FPS and Third person in the game, or are there certain game modes when its one or the other, or is it just down to a PC vs console difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

you can switch between either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

Loving the battle of jakku map

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Yeah Battle of Jakku is really well balanced IMO . The surroundings are stunning and the turrets are well placed. It'll be interesting to here about the first map back coming next year.. hopefully it will have at least 3 new maps and somehow make being the rebels a bit more interesting.

Iancar29 wrote: »
    hopefully it will have at least 3 new maps and somehow make being the rebels a bit more interesting.

- Over 20 new pieces of galactic tech including weapons, vehicles, and Star -Cards for both Rebels and Imperials
    - Four more heroes and villains for you to fight as or against
    - 16 additional multiplayer maps featuring new locations
    - Four exciting new game modes

- Two-week early access to each expansion pack
    - Exclusive “Shoot First” emote

So yeah 4 maps per dlc, more than likely 2 new worlds with 2 maps on each World similar to Jakku.

just a pity they thought they would get away with bare content.

Im hoping the dlc will make it a lot better as I cant tell the difference between weapons and being a rebel is so much harder than imperial

Still has potential to become a decent game, so not binning it just yet

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Looking forward to getting this, maybe next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,449 ✭✭✭tigger123

Any players here fans of Battlefield 3 and 4?

I've played a lot of both of those games, and was really excited about Battlefront but am kinda put off by the "beautiful but soulless" comments.

How are Bf4 and Bf3 players finding Battlefront?

I think you would notice a big difference regarding not being able to lie prone, no sniping, not many vehicles and none that other players can go in together. also the shooting isnt great

Its not a terrible game but cant really be compared to battlefield at all

The below patch notes apply to PC, PS4 and Xbox One.

- General bug fixes for vehicles and physics improvements
    - Game modes balancing tweaks
    - HUD UI adjustments
    - Audio optimizations
    - General crash and stability fixes
    - Online traffic performance improvements
    - Various text fixes for all languages
    - General bug fixes for both Missions and Multiplayer
    - Legacy Controls should now work as intended

Dec 1st Full Patch Notes:

- Miscellaneous Updates and Tweaks:
    - Added a pre-round to all game modes
    - Fixed a graphical glitch on the speeder bike when FoV is set to 110 and the player uses boost
    - Fixed a stuttering issue with Starfighters when initiating evasive maneuvers
    - Fixed a glitch with the Transport ship in the Imperial Victory outro
    - Made miscellaneous adjustments to hero spawn points
    - Made adjustments to AI spawn points for Missions
    - Updated the Heroes vs. Villains screen wipe to work as intended when spawning in as a soldier
    - Adjusted the pre-round timer and objective placement to avoid overlapping text
    - Fixed a bug that caused the ‘Reset to default’ option when using a touch pad gesture to now restore those settings properly.
    - Added a visibility option for chat, including the ability to toggle the option in game using H
    - Chat has been added to the end of round screen, but can still be disabled in the in-game lobby and via the normal menu option
    - Adjusted how the game recommends game modes to new players
    - Made adjustments to avoid parts of vehicles floating around in-game after being destroyed
    - Made adjustments to how the game reacts to a mouse being out of a specific region on the UI
    - Spread out spawn points more and added a few new locations across multiple maps and modes
    - Moved and adjusted some pick-ups as their locations were not ideal for both teams.
    - Adjusted miscellaneous loading screen and Game Mode tiles
    - Female AI will now have female death screams when killed
    - Fixed an issue with the Airspeeders playing the boost audio two times when activated
    - with GNK Droids and snow now have foot step audio
    - Adjusted the ‘Impressed’ Emote to work as intended
    - Adjusted how audio works when a headset is unplugged and plugged back in to a PC
    - Many audio adjustments have been applied to materials, events, music, and VO
    - Changed the visibility of the rank-up if you're in the process of tow cabling an AT-AT
    - Made adjustments to how parties are handled within matchmaking
    - Made adjustments to object collisions across multiple maps
    - Video options should not get constantly applied each time a user goes into video options
    - Optimized how some vehicles are drawn into view for players
    - Luke Skywalker now holds his weapon properly while sprinting
    - Dead characters will no longer have glowing edges
    - Fixed an issue preventing AT-ST’s from fall properly when dying
    - Vehicles should shake and move unpredictably when hit by missiles
    - Made adjustments on Missions so players can get the ‘Hard Star’ on Master Difficulty
    - ION and Torpedoes now shoot with the correct speed at all velocities instead of being based on Starfighters start speed
    - Tweaked Han Solo’s Lucky shot so it does proper damage against vehicles
    - Fixed bug where speeder bike crosshairs could get stuck if you died in it
    - Fixed bug where spawning on a player that is activating a Hero card could cause visual issues
    - Fixed bug where the Millennium Falcon and Slave I did not get a shorter replenish when picking up a vehicle pickup
    - Fixed a bug where Darth Vader was not outlined by Scan Ping
    - Darth Vader’s and Luke Skywalker’s lock on now aborts if line of sight is removed or distance is too far
    - Improved Blaster Cannon yaw and pitch restriction to allow more turning
    - Exploding barrels now gives correct damage information in both Missions and Multiplayer
    - Fixed a bug where players could shoot several fake, non-damage giving, projectiles in Starfighters
    - Improved Emperor Palpatine’s force lightning to do proper damage on the legs of soldiers on a slope
    - The proper image will be shown when your killed by Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader’s Lightsaber and Emperor Palpatine’s force lightning.
    - Fixed a bug where Luke Skywalker’s Force Dash didn’t always damage heroes in Mission Hero Battles.
    - Legacy controls added for flying and ground vehicles
    - Xbox One Legacy controls fixed
    - Fixed a bug where being killed by the R5-D4 droid wouldn’t show the correct killer and image
    - Boba Fett can fly again with his jet pack after being hit by Luke Skywalker.
    - Walker Assault Updates and Tweaks:
    - Removed AT-AT player control on Outpost Beta for final uplinks
    - Removed TIE interceptors for Imperials on Outpost Beta final uplinks
    - Removed TIE interceptors for Imperials on SoroSuub Centroplex final uplinks
    - Moved rebel vehicle pickups closer to their spawns on all maps.
    - AT-AT’s can no longer kill players once taken down by an Airspeeder
    - Fixed an issue with the camera view when performing a tow-cable take down
    - Adjusted HUD overlays to avoid overlaps
    - Fixed an issue preventing users from being able to use E-web repeating blaster if a Blaster cannon is deployed near it
    - UI now shows correct progress on Sullust
    - Supremacy Updates and Tweaks:
    - Players are now unable to exploit capture points in Supremacy
    - Adjusted control points so that they can’t be captured when time runs out
    - Dark areas lit up slightly across maps
    - Fixed overly bright snow piles
    - Drop Zone Updates and Tweaks:
    - Made adjustments to timers so both teams have the proper amount of time to pull off a win
    - First pod will now land between the 2 teams instead of being random
    - Blast Updates and Tweaks:
    - Fixed a bug where the player did not always die when falling down the bridge on Hoth
    - Fighter Squadron Updates and Tweaks:
    - Fixed a bug where a match conclusion of “Draw” displayed "Victory" for both teams
    - Hero Hunt Updates and Tweaks:
    - Fixed a bug where a player dying 1 second before becoming a hero could get stuck in a black screen
    - Fixed an issue when the hero and the killer died by the same grenade, the hero did not spawn in the correct team
    - Weapon. Gadgets, and Star Card Tweaks:
    - Explosive Shot damage decreased by 50%.
    - Damage increased against Starfighters from normal blasters.
    - Impact grenade radius decreased (3 to 2.5m)
    - Impact damage decreased for surrounding players (from 130 to 100)
    - Barrage fuse time has been increased (from 0.5-1 to 2-2.25)
    - Barrage full damage radius decreased with 0.5 meters.
    - Barrage maximum damage decreased from 55 to 50.
    - Impact damage tweaked from 100 to 90.
    - Personal Shield syncing improved to make sure the visuals and gameplay functions matches.
    - Homing Shot range tweaked from 200 to 160
    - Blinding a player using the Flash Grenade now gives a hit marker indication.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Well that's a pretty comprehensive patch imo - and addresses a lot of the issues being brought up by players - bravo DICE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

- Walker Assault Updates and Tweaks:
    - Removed AT-AT player control on Outpost Beta for final uplinks
    - Removed TIE interceptors for Imperials on Outpost Beta final uplinks
    - Removed TIE interceptors for Imperials on SoroSuub Centroplex final uplinks

No wonder I couldn't find them.

I think they should put the AT-AT player control on Outpost Beta back as any time I play Hoth now, the 2 AT-AT goes down rapido due to snowspeeders.

Advertisement