Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BATTLEFRONT (by DICE)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

the patch came out 1st dec? most of them whilst great from a perfection point of view still doesnt really alter or change the actual game play much.

Trying not to be negative about the game as I quite like it, just still think its missing some important aspects.

having said all that, its still an improvement and shows DICE are looking to improve and listening to peoples issues

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

the patch came out 1st dec? most of them whilst great from a perfection point of view still doesnt really alter or change the actual game play much.

Trying not to be negative about the game as I quite like it, just still think its missing some important aspects.

having said all that, its still an improvement and shows DICE are looking to improve and listening to peoples issues

Its stopped the barrage spam which in itself was almost a game breaker.
    Loving the game tbh for my casual fps fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,323 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

good article on why this failed on pc

http://dvsgaming.org/why-eas-battlefront-flopped-on-pc/

m

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

will sell mine for 40e if anyone wants it?

Probably better off linking an adverts ad,the mods probably wont look favourably on trying to sell on thread.

Didnt mention what platform your on either,guessing console as you have a physical copy

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,101 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

EoinHef wrote: »
    Probably better off linking an adverts ad,the mods probably wont look favourably on trying to sell on thread.

No, we won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Eye candy, crank up the settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭psnKOB79LFC

Skerries wrote: »
    good article on why this failed on pc

http://dvsgaming.org/why-eas-battlefront-flopped-on-pc/

All good comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

I can honestly say this patch has made a mess of walker assault - its now absolutely zero challenge as a rebel. I won 4 or 5 games on the trot last night.

I really enjoyed it before this patch. The odds stacked against you but with an organised team you could win. Now its just too easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Keyzer wrote: »
    I can honestly say this patch has made a mess of walker assault - its now absolutely zero challenge as a rebel. I won 4 or 5 games on the trot last night.

I really enjoyed it before this patch. The odds stacked against you but with an organised team you could win. Now its just too easy.

Agreed, I don't even play it now as its instant defeat for The Empire as soon as you reach the 3rd set of terminals.

Been playing Turning point, its good too, seems more balanced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Yea it has gotten really easy for rebels tbh.

Even to the point where two walkers are both on 75% each on the last relay and we still take it down with ease.
    I've also seen them go down on the first relay which is just silly.
    They need to tinker with it more.
    I've noticed that rebels really dominate in air. I guess the counter to this was ATSTs but they get annihilated now most times before they have even made a difference. If I see them I'm smashing ion torpedos before they even get close. If anyone else is doing the same it gets trashed.
    Also on Endor as Empire - it's mostly useless getting into an ATAT to defend it. This can really help out when it's vulnerable as most people stand out and just shoot. You can easily see where fire is coming from and smash that general direction. 9/10 times on Endor however you can't angle around to hit enemies and the orbital strike is blocked by trees constantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Noxin wrote: »
    Yea it has gotten really easy for rebels tbh.

Even to the point where two walkers are both on 75% each on the last relay and we still take it down with ease.
    I've also seen them go down on the first relay which is just silly.
    They need to tinker with it more.
    I've noticed that rebels really dominate in air. I guess the counter to this was ATSTs but they get annihilated now most times before they have even made a difference. If I see them I'm smashing ion torpedos before they even get close. If anyone else is doing the same it gets trashed.
    Also on Endor as Empire - it's mostly useless getting into an ATAT to defend it. This can really help out when it's vulnerable as most people stand out and just shoot. You can easily see where fire is coming from and smash that general direction. 9/10 times on Endor however you can't angle around to hit enemies and the orbital strike is blocked by trees constantly.

100% agree.

Rebel air superiority is nonsense, to the point where I won't even bother getting in a tie fighter. A Wing is borderline unplayable against.

Rebels should be losing more than Imperials in Walker Assault, there's no two ways about it given the hardware advantage they have. Yet the walkers get annihilated before the 3rd pass. Silly.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Was thinking of picking this up today as a 'pick up and play casually' over the Christmas. Is it worth it? (Saving fallout 4 till I can commit some time to it after Christmas)

I've been a fan of FPS in the past although I would only consider myself an average player. Hated Halo, liked COD.

It's on PS4 and I'm a Star Wars fan FWIW.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

faceman wrote: »
    Was thinking of picking this up today as a 'pick up and play casually' over the Christmas. Is it worth it? (Saving fallout 4 till I can commit some time to it after Christmas)

I've been a fan of FPS in the past although I would only consider myself an average player. Hated Halo, liked COD.

It's on PS4 and I'm a Star Wars fan FWIW.

I believes its reduced on all the ps stores at the moment ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

jonny24ie wrote: »
    I believes its reduced on all the ps stores at the moment ;)

You've just saved me €20, thank you! Was about to get it in Argos!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yeah, i picked it up today as it's only €40 (PC), which isn't too bad. Looking forward to giving it a go over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

It going on sales so damn fast just shows how badly it's doing and how badly it was priced.

Game itself discounted, but season pass still 50?

It should have been 30 quid game from a get go. I wouldn't be surprised to see it on EA access soon too.

Great game for a while until the serious lack of depth and content becomes evident.

As yer man Matimio said in a vid recently, its like you go into a posh restaurant,order a meal, its comes out amazingly well presented and tastes fantastic but is tiny and ends up just making you want more but they are all out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Where are all the jedi in this? Asoka, Kit Fisto, Obi Wan? Yoda? Where are the Sith?

There is a workd of content missing.

It also seems nothing like the original Battlefront

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Game itself discounted, but season pass still 50?

Yea this is annoying. I would have picked it up if it had gone on sale too.
    J Mysterio wrote: »
    Where are all the jedi in this? Asoka, Kit Fisto, Obi Wan? Yoda? Where are the Sith?
    There is a workd of content missing.

Future DLC. I imagine most will be behind the paid for DLC but I'm sure some will come free too.

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »
    Great game for a while until the serious lack of depth and content becomes evident.

As yer man Matimio said in a vid recently, its like you go into a posh restaurant,order a meal, its comes out amazingly well presented and tastes fantastic but is tiny and ends up just making you want more but they are all out.

dont think its even great, the hit markers and shooting is **** on it too

still 75e in game poor parents still buying it at that

dont think its even great, the hit markers and shooting is **** on it too

still 75e in game poor parents still buying it at that

No problems with hit markers on PC at all, in this department the game is rock solid.

anyone else still not played the new map which was free back on the 7th decemeber? Is there something that needs to be done to acquire this map or should it just have downloaded automatically?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,502 ✭✭✭✭Varik

anyone else still not played the new map which was free back on the 7th decemeber? Is there something that needs to be done to acquire this map or should it just have downloaded automatically?

You've to download it separately off the relevant store.

oh that would explain things. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

FZzehHm.png

jakku is a lot better than the other maps. Probably intentional to get people now to buy the maps on the strength of this being a lot better than the original maps

shame you cant lie prone though, spoils it for me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

It's OK - A bit of fun... But you know. Not enough customisation of weapons, terrible spawns, and terrible balancing in favour of the empire!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I've only started playing this now in the last few days, got it for Christmas as I wasn't keen to shell out on it.

I have to say, it's so much better than the beta suggested it would be.

Yes...it could be better, and it's not quite the game I wanted, and it's nowhere near as vast or involving as Battlefield. But...it is undeniably a ton of fun, and the maps are very well done so that 40 players feels like 64+.

And the graphics/sound are unbelievable, the best Star Wars experience to date in that regard.

Advertisement