Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BATTLEFRONT (by DICE)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Yeah tomorrow the 19th. So midnight tonight of course.

11pm I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Noxin wrote: »
    11pm I believe.

For pc, yes.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    For pc, yes.

Ahh, I keep forgetting we have different platforms in this thread.
    Gonna get in an hour or so tonight before bed and see how it goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I was looking forward to this so much since the day it was announced, but the beta left me shocked - totally soulless game. Absolutely stellar visuals and audio, but the game itself is just so hollow. It should stand alone as a game, and not just lean on the Star Wars buzz - but I think it does just that, and heavily.

Played yesterday for just over an hour. Really enjoyed the new maps. Savage looking.
    Did two rounds of Drop Zone, two of Walker Assault and one of Supremacy. Really enjoyed it. Balance is way better on walker assault.
    Won both rounds, one as rebels and other as empire.

Lots of new weapons / cards available and plenty more game modes to test out.
    I found flying much easier now for some reason (although I still have issues getting the sensitivity balance right). I had tried to use my ps3 controller with ds3 tool but the game wouldn't recognise it. Still, keyboard and mouse felt a lot better.

Looking forward to continued playing this evening. Doubt I'll be returning it :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

Anyone know if Tesco is selling PS4 version?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Whats the difference between the normal version and the day one edition I've seen advertised?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,101 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Whats the difference between the normal version and the day one edition I've seen advertised?

The Jakku map I believe.

Spear wrote:
    The Jakku map I believe.

Just 7 days earlier access to it is all.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

My refund was taking longer than expected so I got onto live chat lastnight and they said they were swamped with refund requests and apologised for the delay LOL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Does anyone know if Argos or anywhere else are doing a deal on this for PS4?

Bloody price of console games these days.

Edit: €66.50 in Argos, I can stomach that I suppose.

Edit2: Got it in Smyth's in the end, €65 something.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

Can't believe the audacity of EA. Pay for the game twice in 2016 with dlc that was deliberately left out to squeeze more money out of the consumer. I saw a comparison chart on content between battlefront 2004 and this one and the shallowness is staggering. Another battlefield 4 with **** all in it, designed to be a season pass title. Delighted to hear about the volume of refunds. Such a shame. We were all anticipating this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Can't believe the audacity of EA. Pay for the game twice in 2016 with dlc that was deliberately left out to squeeze more money out of the consumer. I saw a comparison chart on content between battlefront 2004 and this one and the shallowness is staggering. Another battlefield 4 with **** all in it, designed to be a season pass title. Delighted to hear about the volume of refunds. Such a shame. We were all anticipating this.

11-02-Dumb-and-Dumber-quotes.gif

lulwut? What are you $hiting on about here? You didn't expect paid for DLC? Have you been living under a rock?
    Look at any big title released lately and you'll find a future DLC planned for whatever amount of money. And the fact that they released an ultimate version stating it includes all future DLCs.
    Not to mention yes, it's an EA / DICE game... of course there would be paid for DLC. Everyone knew this..
    Right now I actually find plenty in game to keep me occupied. Still not tried all game modes. More maps coming in a couple of weeks.
    I'll see after that if I get pi$$ed off with it or not to buy a season pass. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I think the problem people are having is that the season pass feels like it's essential to give the game what would be considered a normal amount of content. The headline modes here and the reason people are interested in the game are Walker Assault and Supremacy - the big, epic battles that you want in a Star Wars games - well there's just four maps for them and that's simply not enough.

Slapped together a quick video of X/A-Wing gameplay. Had my sensitivity way to high during it though. The end really shows exactly what happens most time I fly :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

^ Thats class.

I love the A-Wing, but I am a bit crap at chasing an enemy and finally finish them off, they always seem to give me the slip if its a human pilot.

Had the Hero ships last night a good few times, did better but not great. Found Slave 1 very slow.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    ^ Thats class.

I love the A-Wing, but I am a bit crap at chasing an enemy and finally finish them off, they always seem to give me the slip if its a human pilot.

Had the Hero ships last night a good few times, did better but not great. Found Slave 1 very slow.

Speed changing and the mini-map are a must use. In that last dogfight I didn't have the enemy in my sights for most of it. I was purely looking at the map for the little red circle to tell me where he was.

Not found a hero ship pickup yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

They are tiny. Less than half the size of a regular pickup. I think you nearly have to be looking directly at them, they don't catch the eye like the other pickups.

They are usually low to the ground and in places that are slightly risky to make a pick up such as narrow canyons and under bridges. Once you begin to recognise the spots they spawn in you'll be easily able to pinch them.

They are there right from the very start of each round. They look like the symbol below only like the blue coloured repair emblems that are also low to the ground.

star-wars-battlefront-hero-pickup.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

lulwut? What are you $hiting on about here? You didn't expect paid for DLC? Have you been living under a rock?
    Look at any big title released lately and you'll find a future DLC planned for whatever amount of money. And the fact that they released an ultimate version stating it includes all future DLCs.
    Not to mention yes, it's an EA / DICE game... of course there would be paid for DLC. Everyone knew this..
    Right now I actually find plenty in game to keep me occupied. Still not tried all game modes. More maps coming in a couple of weeks.
    I'll see after that if I get pi$$ed off with it or not to buy a season pass. :pac:

Perhaps I could have worded that better. Of course I expected DLC I'm not that naive, maybe a new 5 map and weapons/armor pack, but not 4 times the number of maps provided in the initial release. I mean 4 maps in total plus a limited number of weapons and near identical game modes for upwards of 60 to 75 quid ? No Galactic conquest or single player campaign ? That's taking the piss. Essentially yesterday's release is just the early access beta again for full price. Ultimate edition is what, €105 ? Like Super furry said, what EA have provided in the launch is simply not enough to warrant paying those prices. I might wait and see what complimentary content they release between now and the first batch of DLCs.

They are usually low to the ground and in places that are slightly risky to make a pick up such as narrow canyons and under bridges. Once you begin to recognise the spots they spawn in you'll be easily able to pinch them.

They are there right from the very start of each round. They look like the symbol below only like the blue coloured repair emblems that are also low to the ground.

star-wars-battlefront-hero-pickup.jpg

I've gotten hero pickups alright (and bobba is way op). First play with him yesterday and went 30-1. Only reason I died was cause I got bored shredding people and charged forward. I was able to completely hold back the rebels from one of their first relay points practically solo.
    But when I got the normal hero pickup - there wasn't a ship option on it. I assume they are different?
    Perhaps I could have worded that better. Of course I expected DLC I'm not that naive, maybe a new 5 map and weapons/armor pack, but not 4 times the number of maps provided in the initial release. I mean 4 maps in total plus a limited number of weapons and near identical game modes for upwards of 60 to 75 quid ? No Galactic conquest or single player campaign ? That's taking the piss. Essentially yesterday's release is just the early access beta again for full price. Ultimate edition is what, €105 ? Like Super furry said, what EA have provided in the launch is simply not enough to warrant paying those prices. I might wait and see what complimentary content they release between now and the first batch of DLCs.

I came across quite rude on my reply to you. Apologies :p
    I see a lot of people going on about the number of maps. For me at the moment, I'm happy with what I have. Granted, only two days in so I could get bored of them before the weekend is over. More maps in a couple of weeks will improve that.
    But yea, lots going on about it so I wonder if they might drop another free dlc before the first paid gets released. Something small with one or two maps maybe.
    For the weapons - there is quite a lot there tbh and they will probably take a while to unlock them all if you're not a hardcore player. Even after you unlock them I think there is another option to upgrade them again... At least I know I saw an upgrade button but I ignored it. That'll take a while to get through.

If anyone is feeling lucky - Origin are tweeting the game as their Free Code Friday game. Just follow them and retweet their message for a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭psnKOB79LFC

I agree with all of this. Shame others are too thick/gullible to know or care. I bought it cos I promised the kids but 4 maps for big modes is shocking.

Also just spawn in each time, same weapons, same cards... ah jesus man it puts me to sleep it is so shallow

I agree with all of this. Shame others are too thick/gullible to know or care. I bought it cos I promised the kids but 4 maps for big modes is shocking.

Also just spawn in each time, same weapons, same cards... ah jesus man it puts me to sleep it is so shallow
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

I bought it, its not bad. If I had played battlefield at all I might be annoyed but I havent so Im not. Would have been good if you could lie down prone.

tbf dont think EA/dice were ever misleading in saying it has no solo campaign. I used to have mw2, blops and mw3 and never once played solo player so again I dont care

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Well I bought the game and got a refund then bought it again yesterday as a good mate bought it and we had a blast playing it lastnight ---- go figure :P

Dcully wrote: »
    Well I bought the game and got a refund then bought it again yesterday as a good mate bought it and we had a blast playing it lastnight ---- go figure :P

lol. It's always better if playing with someone. I play solo and it can get infuriating at times :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

lol. It's always better if playing with someone. I play solo and it can get infuriating at times :P

But in this game there's no reviving, no medpacks/ammopacks and none of the vechiles take more than one person. All your squad mate is is a mobile spawn point really.

EGriff wrote: »
    But in this game there's no reviving, no medpacks/ammopacks and none of the vechiles take more than one person. All your squad mate is is a mobile spawn point really.

Sure but it's always more fun with others :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

I got it for PC , and im really enjoying it. Yes it is lacking in content and custom edits but the visuals and audio are unbelievable and im only able to currently play it on low settings. Can't wait for my new graphics card to arrive and ultraise this bad but out!

Im giving it a respectable 7.5/10

Advertisement