Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bosch - Amazon Studios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

absolutely adore the books. have read and heard each one many times and never get bored.
    bosch is a fantastic character and have always enjoyed his partners too.
    have only started watching the tv show lately. love the fact that its filmed on actual LA places mentioned in the books and not just studio sets.
    seeing these places would be a little dream of mine:)

always enjoyed the actor who did the original audiobooks but titus welliver is not too bad on the newer ones:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

awec wrote: »
    I've saw this on Amazon a few times and never actually watched it. I've read a lot of the books, so I get what Bosch is supposed to be.

Is it your usual cheesy American police show, with regular shoot outs and talk about heroes and giving everything up for the job yada yada yada? Or have they actually managed to take the books and make a TV show of similar quality?

No the books are miles better. Titus Welliver is well cast as Bosch and the rest of the cast are pretty good too, apart from the daughter who is annoying as hell. For me I’d watch it but wouldn’t even give it a second thought after I finish it or even look forward to a new season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,696 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

This series seems much slower than usual and very predictable
    was it just me or did Irving look annoyed Bosch wasn’t killed by the three lads who turned out to be terrible criminals and shooters

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Looking forward to this Season. Always liked the Bosch books, too long between them .

He's not what I imagined Bosch would behave like, but he's good all the same.

Nothing beats Tom C as Jack Reacher as the wrong fit and sell out so TV Bosch works for me (I still enjoyedd the reacher films but in my head it wasn't the same character)

I still don't connect the Bosch characters, Book to TV but it works. Book Bosch seemed funnier, a bit more of a laugh, a bit more about him, the odd joke, the jazz music, LA food spot run down etc. That bit of fun and enjoyment that Book Bosch got out of life is lacking in the TV show IMO having interests made Bosch more believable.

There is the Dirty Harry links and inspiration, the Books kept Bosch closer to Dirty Harry on the funny side imo

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

1st episode down of s5, forgot how good it was.so tempted to watch ep2, better not up at 5am, will binge this weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,474 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Flew through the episodes, another good season. The final scene was pretty perfect too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

I binged it yesterday, really enjoyed this latest season

• Registered Users Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

absolutely adore the books. have read and heard each one many times and never get bored.
    bosch is a fantastic character and have always enjoyed his partners too.
    have only started watching the tv show lately. love the fact that its filmed on actual LA places mentioned in the books and not just studio sets.
    seeing these places would be a little dream of mine:)

always enjoyed the actor who did the original audiobooks but titus welliver is not too bad on the newer ones:)

Like DuPar’s at the Farmers Market or Musso & Franks? I even like the complete change in Irving’s character from the books. It works very well. The actress who plays his daughter is excellent too.

No the books are miles better. Titus Welliver is well cast as Bosch and the rest of the cast are pretty good too, apart from the daughter who is annoying as hell. For me I’d watch it but wouldn’t even give it a second thought after I finish it or even look forward to a new season.

that's not true imo.

the tv series is well above average for its genre.

also there are so many books - not all are great or even that good.

have read about 9 or 10 of them and some are very good - some definitely not.

in fairness to the tv series, each season has been pretty much better than the last imo.

thought personally that this season was the best as all the stories/ plot-lines were good (sometimes not the case in the past imo)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

just finished Season 5
    I think I would be happy if they made this for another 10 seasons !

Great show , great cast, I am invested in all the peripheral characters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Mess of a season.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Renewed for a 7th and final season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

It's a pity that it is the final season, but I guess it has run its course. One thing I will say is that it never dropped in quality like some other shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Great that this will have a natural end. Every season I worry that they'll just cancel it. It's pretty amazing it's gotten to 7 seasons at all considering how almost nobody watches it or talks about it.

Such an excellent, underrated show.

Season 6 trailer and it drops April 17th

Great news. Something to look forward to :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

This the last season? And 7 of 9 never got caught.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

This the last season? And 7 of 9 never got caught.

indeed she is still milfing / cougaring around scot free.

she got off in the trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭moby2101

Season 7 is apparently going ahead

:D:pac:

• Advertisement

😂🤣

It's too early :P, can't believe I nearly fell for it. Great dog :D.

Drops tomorrow.

That is probably half of tomorrow sorted now lol

Season 6 is out there now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Season 6 eh? I've come very late to this then, having only finished Season 1 there last week. I'd heard of the Bosch books but not read 'em, otherwise came to this fairly cold. A slower pace, but really dug the atmosphere and less showier police-work of the series. Titus Welliver is also a fantastic lead, sells the weariness without being too cliché.

And any show that allows Lance Reddick to play that one character of authority he plays is fine by me :D

Superb show. Read the books a long time ago. Great narrative and thread runs throughout the series. Looking forward to getting stuck into season 6 this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

It's one of those shows that I forget all about as soon as I've finished the season but can just jump into a year later with a 2 minute recap and thoroughly enjoy again, and then forget about again. It's basically perfect binge TV. Bring on season six this weekend boys!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Whenever my wife asks if I'd like to watch an episode, I am compelled to shout Bish-Bash Bosch!, while fist-pumping.

This is becoming tiresome for both of us at this stage.

Another top notch season from Bosch and great ending.

The real spin off character ( Not Coltrane although I watch the hell out that dog) was introduced if they do decide to spin off.

• Advertisement

Agent Coulson that was fast!!!!

Just into episode 2 🤣

Read in variety that 7 is /was going into pre-production (before this covid ****) in Q3

Advertisement