Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bosch - Amazon Studios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Found series 1 ok. Gave up halfway theough series 2. Does it get any better?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,694 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Good to see Ryan hurst in this series, liked him in sons of anarchy and outsiders

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

For anyone who gets onto Amazon chat to change to the UK streaming, be sure to let them know how disappointed you were to have the crappy Irish films for so long, that you felt the service was wasted. They should be happy to offer you three months worth of refunds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Yes, it's definitely worth sticking with

Season 5 by a good distance the best overall season imo.

In some of the other seasons the supporting plot-lines (there is always a main plot, a sub-plot and then even a partner sub-plot) have been fair to poor but it's all really well balanced in season 5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

No it's crap if you didn't like season 1 you are best off finding something else to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I just got off Live Chat and asked them to change my location to UK. I had my Revolut card set up as default card and Parcel Motel address. Took 2 minutes and I am switched over now, Season 5 ready and waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 53,879 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Poochie05 wrote: »
    I just got off Live Chat and asked them to change my location to UK. I had my Revolut card set up as default card and Parcel Motel address. Took 2 minutes and I am switched over now, Season 5 ready and waiting

Is that uk bill address?

Headshot wrote: »
    Is that uk bill address?

No. I initially gave them my Parcel Motel address when they asked for the billing address but they said that didn’t match, so I just gave them my normal address and they switched no problem

Also just to add I accessed Chat through the help section on Primevideo.com as I couldn’t find a chat option on the Amazon.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 22,474 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

glasso wrote: »
    Update - definitely the best season yet imo

leaves something like that totally over-rated "Line of duty" in the dust.

The first two seasons of Bosch cost $100m to make, probably equivalent to the BBC's entire drama budget per year. Not really fair to compare the two.

• Advertisement

The first two seasons of Bosch cost $100m to make, probably equivalent to the BBC's entire drama budget per year. Not really fair to compare the two.

Bosch is not a big budget show by any means by American standards.

So I think the two can be compared.

There is so much hyperbole around line of duty really.. Totally over- rated.

Probably because it's on ota tv

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Can we get back to talking about the show for the love of god...:p

frag420 wrote: »

Is he in series 5 ?

Ok then, as I said, season 5 for me by a good distance the best season except maybe
    Harry's killcount in the last couple of episodes is a little too badass

how not to add spolier tags lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

OmegaGene wrote: »
    how not to add spolier tags lol

They're working for me, you must have clicked it once

They're working for me, you must have clicked it once

i didnt click it at all

glasso wrote: »
    Ok then, as I said, season 5 for me by a good distance the best season except maybe
    Harry's killcount in the last couple of episodes is a little too badass [\spoiler]

Yeah I can see it too...

Typed tags in manually as on mobile but there was a slash character error - worked on mobile but not on pc

They show up ok on my phone

The backslash was the wrong way as the \ is on same screen as [ so used that instead of / which is on another screen in android mobile keyboard

Fixed it.

Now the person who quoted the spoiler error should fix it.

Interesting quote from the New York Times.

Very true.

“Bosch” is an increasingly rare commodity in a time when genre dramas will resort to any kind of high-concept trickery to stand out. It doesn’t withhold information to create false tension, or play games with point of view, or arbitrarily ratchet the pace up and down. It just puts one foot in front of the other and trusts its audience to follow along. ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Headshot wrote: »
    you didnt have to change the UK billing address of your credit/visa card?

I’m so glad I saw this. Was frustrated that I couldn’t see it. Now have full library. Fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jamie Anne Allman must be the most typecast female junkie in Hollywood.

Is it me or is maddie ridiculously tall

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Is it me or is maddie ridiculously tall

she is 5'8 so tall enough for a girl yes.

didn't find her half as annoying this year as she didn't have to play the angsted teenager thing anymore.

Just finished it, great season!

Amd it finished with an awesome tune!

Just finished it, great season!

Amd it finished with an awesome tune!

indeed. best tv that I've since in a while. Its straightforwardness was refreshing and very well executed.

too many badly done "up-its-own-arse" shows and people buying into it all going around the last while. (e.g. true detective season 3!)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,879 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I just finished it and man that was damn fine tv.

Bosch is such a great character and a bad ass tbh. This is what I love about this tv show, the characters are great and the story telling is superb.

I just find it so witty and funny as well.

What made my laugh was:
    When Barrel was supposed to be retiring but changed his mind and told no one because he wanted the party and the nice Apple Watch
    Then Crate found out and the look on his face, priceless

That was great! Love how things just unwind.

I like how the criminals are not showcase villains, just normal lowlifes that cross paths with the police.
    Really worried for J Edgar

Think it might be time for a Southland rewatch to fill the void...

• Administrators Posts: 53,384 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I've saw this on Amazon a few times and never actually watched it. I've read a lot of the books, so I get what Bosch is supposed to be.

Is it your usual cheesy American police show, with regular shoot outs and talk about heroes and giving everything up for the job yada yada yada? Or have they actually managed to take the books and make a TV show of similar quality?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Dunno about the books but its not your usual police procedural. Its fairly gritty and despondent about some bits. If you like Southland you'd like Bosch.

Advertisement