Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bosch - Amazon Studios

Options

Comments

garrettod wrote: »
    Cardinal is great.

Is Bosch finished?

...the reason that I ask, is because Harry was sighted in the second season of The Mandelorian, on Disney.

one season more.

season 7.

not sure what the story on release date is given Covid effects on filming

• Registered Users Posts: 60,369 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

garrettod wrote: »
    Cardinal is great.

Is Bosch finished?

...the reason that I ask, is because Harry was sighted in the second season of The Mandelorian, on Disney.

It looks like actors are calling in favours to get one episode guest spots on The Mandelorian, There seems to be a different familiar face as a guest star every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Just binged all 6 seasons of this over the last couple of weeks. Great show. So many faces from The Wire popping up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

glasso wrote: »
    would think that anyone who liked Bosch might enjoy "Cardinal" if they haven't seen it.

Set it Canada.

4 seasons of 6 episodes.

I thought that it was better than Bosch to be honest.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5583512/

Loving Cardinal, I've gotten through 3 seasons now and only one season left which I'll get through before I'm back at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Xaniaj

Loving Cardinal, I've gotten through 3 seasons now and only one season left which I'll get through before I'm back at work.

Is that UK prime? Not seeing it on IE!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Xaniaj wrote: »

No idea, I have other sources

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Xaniaj

No idea, I have other sources

Fair enough!

Netflix have picked up the The Lincoln Lawyer so we won't get to see Mickey on Bosch by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭irishchris

Xaniaj wrote: »

All episodes on iplayer

Uncancelled by Amazon and moved to there IMDB streaming channel however it's being called a spin off.

Bosch

Spinoff Picked Up By IMDb TV; Titus Welliver, Mimi Rogers & Madison Lintz To Reprise Roles
    The Bosch universe is expanding.

IMDb TV has picked up a spinoff of the long-running Amazon crime drama, with stars Titus Welliver, Mimi Rogers and Madison Lintz reprising their roles from the original series.

This comes as the seventh and final season of the show launches this summer on Amazon.

The untitled spin-off will follow Harry Bosch, played by Welliver, as he embarks on the next chapter of his career and finds himself working with his one-time enemy and top-notch attorney Honey “Money” Chandler, played by Rogers. With a deep and complicated history between this unlikely pair, they must work together to do what they can agree on – finding justice.

It will share the same creative team as the original, with author Michael Connelly and Eric Overmyer, who developed the original, exec producing alongside Tom Bernardo, Henrik Bastin, Pieter Jan Brugge, Titus Welliver and Zetna Fuentes, who will direct the spin-off pilot.

https://deadline.com/2021/03/bosch-spinoff-imdb-tv-titus-welliver-mimi-rogers-madison-lintz-1234705787/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Wait in confused, how would it be a spin off if it's starring the same primary cast? I'm not caught up on Bosch, just finishing season 5 so I'm presuming the 7th season ends with a new life or somesuch for Bosch & co?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

pixelburp wrote: »
    Wait in confused, how would it be a spin off if it's starring the same primary cast? I'm not caught up on Bosch, just finishing season 5 so I'm presuming the 7th season ends with a new life or somesuch for Bosch & co?

The books continue after he retires from LAPD so I'm presuming that's the so called spin-off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Spin of or cancel reverse , I don't care what they call it this is great news , love this show

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

pixelburp wrote: »

They didn't want to cancel Bosch but the math just didn't work anymore, 7 seasons in, salaries were up but new subs were down, so they've decided to repackage it in the hopes of drawing in new subs . It's the equivalent of marvel comics periodically resetting things and starting from issue one to hook readers who like getting into something on the ground floor not 1345 issues in.

I'm hoping that's their secret plan for Expanse, pretend the final 3 books/seasons are a new show , to drive new subs .

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I've been watching Bosch for the last few weeks and finally finished season 6's finale. Really enjoyed each season. I had heard some talk of it ending, so I had assumed S6 was the final one. Nice to discover there is more on the way.

Supporting cast members grew on me as it went on. Chief Irving became one of my favourites, especially in the season where he and Bosch teamed up. I liked Edgar's storyline a lot in the most recent season too. I also appreciate the father/daughter dynamic not becoming OTT for the sake of drama. I remember watching a later season of the Icelandic show Trapped and it seemed like the daughter was made deliberately confrontational for some cheap soap opera stuff. On this show, it feels more realistic.

I hope we get to see more of Robertson. I didn't notice him in the recent season and was worried the actor and show had parted ways. I liked the dynamic between him and Bosch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭newmember2

Bosch - just another corny/samey US cop show that's so formulaic it's almost a parody.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭irishchris

newmember? wrote: »
    Bosch - just another corny/samey US cop show that's so formulaic it's almost a parody.

Assuming you haven't seen it then and just came here to troll

One of my all time favourite shows and one of the highest rated on imdb

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭bennyineire

newmember? wrote: »

Hardly, usually cop/detective shows are not my thing but this one is excellent.

The acting is great, the cinematography plus our man has a killer apartment, drinks craft beer and listens to easy jazz :)

I've been watching Bosch for the last few weeks and finally finished season 6's finale. Really enjoyed each season. I had heard some talk of it ending, so I had assumed S6 was the final one. Nice to discover there is more on the way.

Supporting cast members grew on me as it went on. Chief Irving became one of my favourites, especially in the season where he and Bosch teamed up. I liked Edgar's storyline a lot in the most recent season too. I also appreciate the father/daughter dynamic not becoming OTT for the sake of drama. I remember watching a later season of the Icelandic show Trapped and it seemed like the daughter was made deliberately confrontational for some cheap soap opera stuff. On this show, it feels more realistic.

I hope we get to see more of Robertson. I didn't notice him in the recent season and was worried the actor and show had parted ways. I liked the dynamic between him and Bosch.

Have found Edgar's stuff to be boring at times tbh but last season was an improvement

The whole Bosch mother's fate plotline was not wholly successful and glad that that's gone

The daughter is not as annoying now that she has gone through the peak whingey teenager phase

Worst character of the series has to go to the uniform cop love interest in season 1 - annoying facebook Karen type!

Season 7 teaser.

The season drops June 25th

• Advertisement

A female Stringer Bell :pac:

It's out this Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 10,220 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Looks like it deviates a lot from The Burning Room; I wondered if they might transform Vega into Lucia Soto but realistically she’s the wrong age. Guess they dropped the character entirely. I guess that means there won’t be any nuns either!

The Stringer Bell reference is a bit of inside baseball- the actors playing Irving and Edgar were both stalwarts of The Wire.

In fact, both of their characters are far removed from the books and both of them have been around far longer than their book characters. The naked antagonism between Bosch and Irving, in particular, is absent while Edgar is not the lazy, by the numbers cop who appears in books.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,857 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Watched the 6 seasons over the past 2 weeks or so.
    Have never read the books but really enjoyed it so far.

Even have a couple days to spare before the final season.

I feel Cooper is a bit too clownish to be captain. He even looks like a captain in a comedy might look.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,220 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

And it’s up; 8 episodes of 41-50 minutes so shorter than usual.

Judging by the titles, Robertson’s back. Should I watch it now when my mind is awake with 4 shots of coffee or should I wait…..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Watched the 6 seasons over the past 2 weeks or so.
    Have never read the books but really enjoyed it so far.

Even have a couple days to spare before the final season.

I feel Cooper is a bit too clownish to be captain. He even looks like a captain in a comedy might look.

was there a cop show on the Simpsons , and the line was the Captain shouting out "McGonigal!" is exasperation, same energy :pac:

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Did you watch The Wire?

I binged it!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,857 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

silverharp wrote: »
    was there a cop show on the Simpsons , and the line was the Captain shouting out "McGonigal!" is exasperation, same energy :pac:

I actually think he reminded me of this

MV5BNzVkMTE3ZDYtMGRlOC00OWZhLTg3NTktZGQyNDM1MmE4NTNmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjk3NTUyOTc@._V1_.jpg

Yep, That's Police Academy 6 and no one wants to be reminded of that. (so I apologise)

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

Great finale season to Police Detective Bosch.

Rock on to new series of Private Detective Bosch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,847 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Just starting the latest series, it’s good to have something decent to watch

The internet isn’t for everyone

Advertisement