Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bosch - Amazon Studios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,220 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

Great finale season to Police Detective Bosch.

Rock on to new series of Private Detective Bosch.

That didn’t work out so well in the books. Nice to see by the end, Irving had reverted to a more book-like character. I’m going to guess that COVID impacted on structuring the season. Harry is the one closest to Bulletts but he had no involvement in her important storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,858 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Juan was clearly the unsung hero of the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,850 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Finished this last night, good conclusion to it and I’m not looking forward to the spin off with Bosch and money

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Enjoyed the final series, good ending. Bit strange having a spin off with what are now basically the two main characters. Spin offs usually involve lesser characters. Can we get IMDB TV here?

Thought that was the best season overall for me as it was tighter

Some of the other seasons had one of either the main plot or sub-plot being quite weak and even boring at times

Glad that Irving was heading for a come-uppance as it ended - he always "pretended" to be honourable but was a self-serving fook (obviously)

Edgar was more interesting this year as the arc of him going off-the-rails and back on was more involving imo

Even Maddie who used to be the annoying kid was actually a relevant part of the plot

Good support from "LT" and the "dynamic" old-timer duo as usual.

Good final season even though it's not actually ending but moving to a new storyline with Bosch as Private Detective

I wonder how will they effectively create a new sub-cast and/or keep some of the old one now that Bosch is not directly in the police system anymore.

• Advertisement

Interview with Titus Welliver

https://www.vulture.com/article/titus-welliver-bosch-final-season-new-series-interview.html

Like his effective side-stepping of the silly interviewer question why they didn't put some BLM storyline into the show this year.

giphy.webp

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

I started this a few years ago and stopped after a couple episodes. Shortly after I started reading the Bosch books (up until the tenth or so), I really enjoyed them and liked that they weren't the typical every chapter a cliffhanger, I think the stories flow naturally.
    A couple months ago I gave the tv show another shot and thought it was great, again I liked the way the story flows. I didn't like the story with his mother's killer, I think that one could have had more of a major story line more like the book.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

A happy and prosperous 2020.... the poor bastards

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

I think after the end and
    Bosch applying for his PI license
    a spinoff was going to be in the works.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/bosch-spinoff-imdb-tv-4142783/?fbclid=IwAR2TBEJGesV4Fy2vpxgEECMwXW1sB5PgIUu93b1aZFXkOx5YSOdxqhVslgA

• Registered Users Posts: 8,850 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/bosch-spinoff-imdb-tv-4142783/?fbclid=IwAR2TBEJGesV4Fy2vpxgEECMwXW1sB5PgIUu93b1aZFXkOx5YSOdxqhVslgA

The spin off was announced a while back and will be shown on IMDb tv as mentioned above

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,076 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

finished the final series last night. Overall very good. Glad we get a spin off and more Bosch. The PI route could give us some very interesting story lines

Ya think?!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Just finished it. I really liked it, having been worried this season might not have much of a sense of jeopardy to it. Enjoyed the story arc for Edgar. I quite liked Irving in the earlier seasons but he showed a horrible side to him this season. I liked Harry's line to him about Sonia's father: 'He lost his only child, and you of all people should know what that's like.'

I also appreciated that they made other such references to the earlier seasons, such as
    bringing back Brasher, the bone expert from season one, his friend in the FBI, Maddie visiting the place her mother got shot, etc.

I'm glad that they are doing a spin-off. I'd happily watch another 7 seasons of Bosch and I'm not normally really into detective shows. I hope people here have the chance to watch the spin-off on Prime.

Like the Maddie Bosch relationship in this series, none of the whiny teenager nonsense

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭sioda

silverharp wrote: »
    Like the Maddie Bosch relationship in this series, none of the whiny teenager nonsense

Fully agree with this she's a fully rounded character unlike so many Kim Bauer in 24 I'm looking at you.

Ah, but how would Maddie do if faced with a cougar?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Just starting the final series this weekend, looking forward to it.

There is a lot of book material after Harry left LAPD. Some of it has been covered in the last couple of series already. It'll be interesting to see how they dovetail that in the spinoff. Harry had left under a cloud, and was still using his LAPD contacts to persue private and some of the cold cases IIRC. Also, Harry worked with a police force in a smaller city to keep his credentials alive for a time. Jerry Edgar was jettisoned years ago in the books, after a falling out with Harry, before eventually they made up.

I suppose what I'm saying is that the books and the TV series are nonlinear, but not any less interesting for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,563 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Great finish to the series, will miss some of the characters, especially the two auld lads. Looking forward to the spin-off.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I haven't minded Maddie myself TBH. She's a bit annoying yes, in that way fictional American teenagers can be. But the show has rarely steered towards Cheap Family Drama angst... except on occasion when it made sense she'd be a bit antagonistic towards her cop dad. I don't like her, but haven't actively hated her either.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Ah, but how would Maddie do if faced with a cougar?

Honey Chandler?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,076 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Honey Chandler?

a cougar I would not mind facing

2smiggy wrote: »
    a cougar I would not mind facing

Mimi Rogers who plays Honey "money" Chandler is 65 - surely that is beyond the cougar age-cohort and firmly (maybe the wrong adjective here!) into granny territory!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,301 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

In Boschs apartment there is a framed publicity photo for Black Echo... the first Bosch novel.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

odyssey06 wrote: »
    In Boschs apartment there is a framed publicity photo for Black Echo... the first Bosch novel.

In the series it's a film based on one of Bosch's case. He consulted on it hence how he can afford that house.

Just started watching a couple of week's ago. On to Season 4 tonight. Great stuff. Cast from The Wire popping up is a cherry on top.

When I finish I'm definitely going to start hitting the books.

Strange that the trailer is "unlisted" , looks good though

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭pjcb

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

This show is a complete **** mystery to me. Maddie Bosch is one of the most uninteresting characters in TV history played by a truly terrible actress yet somehow Bosch was cancelled and we got this.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I don't mind Maddie as much as others, but making her a cop was a baffling move. She looks like a ballet dancer and never gives off any kind of physical prowess. Truly a character in search of a story.

And still equally baffled by IMDB TV,lol. For the chronically lazy: is this even something we can get here?

Advertisement