Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bosch - Amazon Studios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I've felt something was missing from this and I was trying to figure out what it was and I've come to the conclusion it's the fact that Bosch is just so mellow in this. There's a scene where a character asks Bosch does he miss it, meaning his old job, and he says something to the effect of not the department bullshit. But as a viewer, that's such a compelling part of the show. Disgruntled Bosch is the best Bosch. Seeing him battling against that bullshit bureaucracy, whether it's his own department, or the Feds. But we don't get any of that here. Everything is just cool and calm. It's a bit like if 24 took away Jack Bauer being reined in by Division, and just had Bauer doing what he wanted. It would still be watchable, but you're missing out on that conflict factor. That's what I'm missing from this show. I miss Irving angrily muttering '**** Bosch!' I'll keep watching, and I'm sure it will all kick off as the final episode nears, but it's all a bit too safe and steady so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Didn't know there was a new series. Just got another Prime trial last week. Will give it a shot, but don't have high hopes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The Honey Chandler cursing is a bit overdone I think. It's almost comical.

I don't mind Maddie, though she is clearly not made to be policeman plod. She is much more detective material.

Could do with a bit more Art Pepper etc..

Bet Maddie will be a homicide detective in a future season!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

In fairness unless they fast forwarded a few years she'd have to start off as a rookie on the beat. But yeah she'll clearly be a detective by the end of the show. Fighting against the bureaucracy as they give her a new spin off just called Maddie Bosch.

• Advertisement

She's not a strong enough actor to carry a show of her own.

For the avoidance of doubt I have no interest in watching any such show!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,069 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

without Bosch there is no show. I doubt they would be mad enough to try another spin off without him !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Xander10

I think it would have been more plausible to have her pursue the legal career route.

However, I suspect we are going to see some story line where her cop career will see an interaction with Bosch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭pjcb

Is she not going to be a PI

and yes that random blonde girl is Welliver's daughter :/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Anyone know when episodes 5 and 6 will be on Prime? I thought they'd be out yesterday but no sign of them.

Wondering that myself. Seems to be a common problem. I've seen tweets from India, Canada and Mexico asking where they are.

Yeah checked again tonight..still no sign.

They must be on Prime or a similar platform somewhere as I have acquired them elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Show is interesting enough and a chilled Bosch is fine. It's all fairly enjoyable. Maddie is not great, more so I'd say because of how she is written. She's just a bit unconvincing as a boot, the rocks she seems to want to die on and her very slight, gangly 1.73m (5' 8") frame does not impress anyone that she is a cop. That said, the social and daughter Maddie is just fine and definitely not irritating enough to spoil it. I agree with others that she probably needs to develop and expand her acting skills quite a bit more.

Latest two episodes are up now. Two good ones. A bit less of the Maddie stuff and a couple of the old faces popping up. Honey wandering around with a gun was a bit unbelievable however.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I'm a huge fan of Bosch and I finally caught up with Legacy because I've been very busy over the last month. From what I've seen so far, I wouldn't be sticking with it if it was just the Maddy and Honey show, but Titus is always engaging as Bosch so I'm enjoying the new series a lot.

As others have mentioned, Maddy as a beat cop is quite unbelievable. They needed a different actress to be able to pull that off convincingly but it doesn't really impact on my enjoyment of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

It might have been better if they had her as a crime lab geek? then they could weave her into Bosch's story line

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

They are trying to paint her like Bosch Sr. Getting too involved in cases, rather than just doing standard police work.

It'll make her better at getting cases solved, but won't go down well with colleagues and senior management.

why didn't Honey Chandler warn him, shut the door, lock those guys in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

That was so ridiculous with Honey looking for the shipping container with her gun in hand. Would a lawyer in her position really put herself directly in harm's way like that? Bosch is the star: we don't need Honey at all. Also Maddy is the least believable cop on tv/film ever. Make her a lawyer with Honey again and let Harry work for them as an investigator.

why was there 2 containers

I took it that Rogers' lawyer was skipping the country as well and one container was for him. The Russians presumably got the information out of him.

Thought the latest episode was fairly dull but it was nice to see some familiar faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭boccy23

Anyone else find the 3 second black screens between scene irritating? Very strange transitions.

• Advertisement

Noticed it alright, looked liked poorly edited together bits.

Advertisement