Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bosch - Amazon Studios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,368 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If you have Prime you should have IMDB TV there on it.

IMDB TV is ad supported so easy way for Amazon to cash in and make more money putting ads in during shows and movies.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Ahhh, ok yeah I have prime video so will keep an eye out. Though and breaks in steaming feels very wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭fman

IMDb TV is only available in the UK and US but Michael Connelly has said on twitter that the spin off will be on Prime Video in any country IMDb TV isn't available.

Maddie Bosch, cop on the beat - ffs

The only hope for this show is that she is murdered after a few episodes and finding out who did it becomes some sort of throughline for the new series.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,857 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So Bosch Legacy won't be releasing all at once. 4 episodes this Friday then 2 a week after that with the final 2 on the 27th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,378 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Amazon Freevee (formerly IMDb TV) renewed "Bosch: Legacy" for Season 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

Will need to get a free month of Prime to watch this. Love the Bosch series.

Crate and Barrel are in 2 episode. Woo hoo!

Don't think a sub is needed, though do we have access to FreeVee (formerly imdbTV)

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Ricey3509

How do we access freevee from Ireland? I’ve got prime video but don’t see it as an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

It is showing on prime for me on my phone here.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Ricey3509

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭moby2101

ive been really looking forward to Bosch returning, one of the best crime dramas of the past few years

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I'm looking forward to this coming back, but Maddie Bosch: Rookie Cop is a real turd in the punchbowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Ah I don't mind her too much. It doesn't ruin the show anyway.

I didn't mind her when she was just the daughter, and in small doses at that, but making her a cop is a terrible idea; really stinks of having no idea what to do with a character.

Fair point. I haven't watched yet but there's potential for it to be ridiculous alright.

Seems to be ok with the few critic reviews but as more than a few feared the 10 sec skip button WILL be called into operation

Let’s first address the elephant in the room:

The Maddie portions are just silly,

not the least because Madison Lintz (who we’ve watched grow up from the show’s beginning) is giving a very tenacious but unvaried performance as a young woman looking to prove herself and emulate her father’s motto — everybody counts or nobody counts — in some of the least interesting ways imaginable.

Frankly, the Maddie scenes feel like they exist because the prospect of every scene featuring actors over the age of 60 made someone in a Hollywood corner office jumpy.

But more than that, the Maddie segments are just shameless copaganda.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭furiousox

Watched three episodes and enjoying it so far.

Needs more characters though, there's only really Bosch, Maddie & Chandler taking most of the screen time.

Looks like we might have seen the end of Harry's house, maybe the owner didn't want it being used for filming anymore?

The whole Maddie thing as tough ("freeze!!, spread 'em!!") cop isn't working, even the actress herself doesn't look convinced.

She can hardly pick up the police shotgun she's so slight!

You'd miss J Edgar etc but I am enjoying it so far, honest! 😀

CPL 593H

Watched a bit.

Seems like the budget has been cut a bit alright (not that it was ever a grand expansive spectacle) in terms of cast and locations.

Maddie is painful, really takes away from it for me in her "expanded role" here.

I'd said that I hope they kill her off as a character but that is surely a forlorn hope.

• Advertisement

When watching the original series I always thought I wouldn't want to live in that house if there was an earthquake.

Thinking now I should've waited a few weeks and watched all at once.

I think the main problem with the Maddie scenes is that the rest of the stuff is a lot more interesting. Plus she's acting like an idiot even though she's been told multiple times to leave it. I know they're trying to show she's caring or something. It'll probably end in her catching the rapist.

Apart from Maddie, the rest of the episodes were good.

Yeah the show itself is ok so far but there is definitely too much Maddie. The way she was running in her uniform reminded me of the T2000 in Terminator 2. Nice to see Crate and Barrel though.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Karmella

Little bit off topic but The Lincoln lawyer has just popped up on Netflix ‘coming soon’. Quick check on IMDb shows that David E Kelley is behind it which isn’t filling me with confidence - anyone heard anything about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,885 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Pleasantly surprised so far. Only one episode in though. My fear was that Bosch himself would only be a walk on type character but that has been allayed. He is still a central character. They needed a change of direction to keep the show going and hopefully they have achieved that without losing the appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,069 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

watched the first 4 episodes, and really enjoyed them. One thing for sure Maddie is not a natural runner !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

I think it's very enjoyable and I dont get the dislike for Maddie. The actor that plays her is pretty beliveable IMHO. OK maybe there is a bit too much of her. The cast seems to be smaller now?

Also I preferred the original theme music.

One slightly jarring note was that in ep 3 Bosch has to explain to his sidekick want what "KIA" meant - a little bit of dumbing-down maybe? They certainly didnt go out of their way to explain things in the original series.

Post edited by Johnny Storm on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,885 ✭✭✭Gusser09

It's excellent in fact. Kudos to the writers. Sometimes these follow up sequels can stink the place out but this is excellent. Kept up from where they have left off but haven't changed that much. The few tweeks work.

Like I said about Maddie, the problem isn't her so much as how she's been written and her story. She apparently was perfect in her initial training apart from leaving her partner on the last day but then she makes multiple stupid mistakes since then.

I did find it strange how Bosch explained KIA. Especially since it was to his tech guy, wasn't it? This was a guy who is up on his surveillance and research. I'm pretty sure he would be knowledgeable of a basic acronym like that.

• Advertisement

She's grand in small doses and the actress herself is doing fine (aside from her strange run which she can't really help). I'd just prefer a bit less of her story and more of Bosch's.

Advertisement