Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 Free Agency

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

davyjose wrote: »
    Do you know something about his injury we don't? He was sublime last year and the season before.
    Its best if you don't have a clue what you're talking about to say nothing at all.

Stop trying so hard. Reggie Wayne done his ACL last year. He's not coming back at the top level at 35. That's the reason the Colts have to take a chance with Hakeem Nicks who had zero TD's last season.

Don't get too worked up over it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Red Crow wrote: »
    Stop trying so hard. Reggie Wayne done his ACL last year. He's not coming back at the top level at 35. That's the reason the Colts have to take a chance with Hakeem Nicks who had zero TD's last season.

Reggie still has ridiculously good hands, andruns the best routes of any receiver IMO.
    You have no idea how he'll perform next season. Just like nobody expected Manning to come back from 4 neck surgeries and nerve damage and have two of his greatest seasons. I don't think Nicks is a risk either. For the money, its a chance to prove himself. If so its a win-win; if not we move on like we did with Avery and DHB.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

People have been proclaiming Reggie Wayne to drop off for the last 2/3 offseasons. I'll believe it when I see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Sources: Packers have agreed a deal with Julius Peppers.

Now thats a deal I didn't envisage.

Edit: Apparently 3 year deal.. slightly nuts for a 34 year old DE?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,736 ✭✭✭nerd69

The **** I thought the packers ran a 3-4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

3 years is inexplicable given how bad he was last season.

But I think Peppers has one more big year, if he has any interest left in football.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,839 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

SameOleJay wrote: »
    3 years is inexplicable given how bad he was last season.

But I think Peppers has one more big year, if he has any interest left in football.
    Well if you wanted him interested, moving to our biggest rival to play us twice a year is a fine way to do it. But three years does seem a bit crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,200 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

It's probably a 3 year deal with the guaranteed $ in the first year.

No way they would sign him to a deal that would have them eating money in year 2 and 3 should it not go well in year 1. Especially after the season he just had combined with his age.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Edelman stays a Pat.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,755 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Wayne is finished at the top level and Nicks has more talent than TY Hilton. If you think that TY Hilton and 35 year old Reggie Wayne have more talent than Hakeem Nicks then there is little point in continuing on much further. Nicks has the talent to be a top 5 guy. Pity he's throwing it away.

Quoted to make sure they don't disappear.

The reason Reggie Wayne has lasted as long as he has is not athleticism, its because he is an incredibly intelligent route runner so unless he can't make the cuts anymore he will be back as good as ever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

eagle eye wrote: »
    Quoted to make sure they don't disappear.

The reason Reggie Wayne has lasted as long as he has is not athleticism, its because he is an incredibly intelligent route runner so unless he can't make the cuts anymore he will be back as good as ever.

I hope he does as he's one of my favourite receivers but as I said a 35 year old coming off an ACL isn't going to be that effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Emmanuel Sanders has just tweeted a Youtube video saying goodbye to the Steelers, no word as to where he's going yet.

I'm surprised the Pats haven't been in talks, considering they signed him to an offer sheet last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Browns sign Ben Tate to 2 year $7 million deal. We have given Rashad Jennings 4 year $14 million deal. Badly needed upgrade for the Browns & think we badly missed the boat here :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,332 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Do you know something about his injury we don't? He was sublime last year and the season before.
    Its best if you don't have a clue what you're talking about to say nothing at all.

In fairness Reggie Wayne is 36 in the middle of next season. Do people expect him to keep going at the same level? A bit unrealistic.

Emanuel Sanders has signed for the Broncos.

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Emanuel Sanders has signed for the Broncos.

What's weird is nobody ever knew he was an elite receiver before next season.

Actually I think the Pats will win the AFC next season, regardless of what Denver are doing now. But I think Seattle or SF will beat them in the Super Bowl. Probably Seattle.

Actually I think the Pats will win the AFC next season, regardless of what Denver are doing now. But I think Seattle or SF will beat them in the Super Bowl. Probably Seattle.

I hope the Pats can make take it to them as apart from ye the Broncos have a free pass in the AFC. Go Pats!!

I hope the Pats can make take it to them as apart from ye the Broncos have a free pass in the AFC. Go Pats!!

Woah there Higgins, I'm a Colts fan. I think we'll be a veeery distant 3rd best AFC team next season.

Woah there Higgins, I'm a Colts fan. I think we'll be a veeery distant 3rd best AFC team next season.

Lol sorry!! Yea very distant, mind you if Texans take Bridgewater they would probably be 3rd best for me

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Woah there Higgins, I'm a Colts fan. I think we'll be a veeery distant 3rd best AFC SOUTH team next season.

edited for truth :pac:

Nicks is going to give everyone nightmares tbh

edited for truth :pac:

Nicks is going to give everyone nightmares tbh

The only people having nightmares about Nicks should be the Colts medical staff

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

The only people having nightmares about Nicks should be the Colts medical staff

Sad the way his career tailed off, but you're probably right.

Giants didn't even approach him about staying, or make an offer. That's telling.

But, a hungry and fit Nicks, if he can get to that, is a frightening prospect. He's still only 26.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Jesus that's some slur to put on a mans good name!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

It is clear that both the Broncos and Pats have upgraded in FA - Seattle have lost 6 FAs and the 49ers are slightly weaker so far.

I want to see a stronger AFC West an AFC in general as it will make the Broncos more competitive. The Broncos have a tough schedule this year (home against the Hawks and Colts and away to the 49ers and Pats) - they have and will have to improve to get to the SB. At this point I am confident that the Broncos are capable of getting to the SB (they are better equipped on defence) and winning it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

nerd69 wrote: »
    The **** I thought the packers ran a 3-4

ah a common istake to make, in order to run a 3-4 you actualyy need a defence

Oohhhhh Giants sign Walter Thurmond to a 1 year deal, nice addition to our weak CB situation

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Nice pick up, if he breaks out he'll want megabucks but good for a year, happy he didn't land in Jacksonville

I LOVE THE COLTS!!!

ANDREW LUCK IS THE GREATEST QB IN THE LEAGUE!!!

What?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

As expected, LB Dane Flecther leaves the Pats and joins the Buccs on a 1 year deal. They're getting one of the best ST players in the league and he's a versatile LB.

Advertisement