Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 Free Agency

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Titans are bringing in the below for visits

Justin Tuck
    Woodley
    Pat Sims

Tuck is looking for $$$$. Turned down contracts from the Raiders and the Giants!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Red Crow wrote: »
    Tuck is looking for $$$$. Turned down contracts from the Raiders and the Giants!

Didn't know he turned down an offer from the Raiders. With their Cap Space, you'd have thought they were the team that could offer the best deal.

Great servant for the Giants, so while I wouldn't mind him back on a good deal, I can't begrudge him looking for the dollars in his twilight years. Just not so sure he'll get it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Red Crow wrote: »

We've freed up 6.5 million this year anyway with cutting our RT, so we have cash.. is Tuck worth it though is the question

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

We've freed up 6.5 million this year anyway with cutting our RT, so we have cash.. is Tuck worth it though is the question

4m a year, two year deal. I'd say yes. Get the feeling he's looking for 5-6 though.

Gives his all, very versatile, can play many packages and even coverages when asked to drop back deeper. He can be extremely selfless which is what I felt let to his lack of sack numbers at times.

Good leader and speaker too. I do think his 9.5 sacks at the end of last season was a purple patch, however. It was something like 10.5 for the previous two seasons combined prior.

I think he can be solid, if unspectacular. As per always, contract will determine if he is worth it or not, ultimately.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

According to Pro Football Talk, the Lions are expected to sign James Ihedigbo to fill the vacant safety spot when they released Louis Delmas last week.

He should be familiar with Teryl Austin defensive schemes (Lions new DC), but wondering what do Ravens fans think of him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,956 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Brandon Browner visiting New England today.

At a discount he is. Pure situational pass rusher and most of his sacks this year were against the Redskins when they gave up. He's a good leader though and he does have value.

eagle eye wrote: »

He's going to miss a couple of games next season due to suspension.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Delighted to see Sproles arrive in Philly, Nolan Carroll signed on to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Lionbacker wrote: »
    According to Pro Football Talk, the Lions are expected to sign James Ihedigbo to fill the vacant safety spot when they released Louis Delmas last week.

He should be familiar with Teryl Austin defensive schemes (Lions new DC), but wondering what do Ravens fans think of him?

Ravens GM loves cheap free agents and he was signed pretty late in the offseason after being cut by the Patriots. In September I think so extremly late.

Was backup to Bernard Pollard at strong safety in 2012 and then became starter in 2013 when Pollard left. Matt Elam was drafted in the 1st round as a strong safety and he played free safety all season. Elam will move to SS this year.

Excellent tackler and is a starter in the league in my opinion. Not the best in coverage but then there are few strong safetys that are.

Not a star but I'd say a top 20 strong safety in the league. He declared long ago he would test free agency and fans didn't expect him to be back.

Solid signing

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Steve Smith released,Patriots to pounce?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,860 ✭✭✭nerd69

Delighted with sproles was it our 5th or the pats 5th we gave?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

kryogen wrote: »
    If he plays to the same level again you can be sure of it, Hawks wont be able to keep all their stars anyway thats for sure. Wilson will be looking for big money too in 2016 is it?

I think under the CBA Wilson is allowed to renegotiate after 3 years so he damn well will be looking to get paid next off-season considering he has been playing for peanuts

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

eagle eye wrote: »

I'd willingly accept that to get him signed up. Revis, Logan Ryan & Browner in ye're secondary would be top notch

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Looks likes the Titans are going to entertain Nate Burleson, this probably means we arent bringing DWill back which is probably right, he hasnt seen much action

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

nerd69 wrote: »
    Delighted with sproles was it our 5th or the pats 5th we gave?

Pats' 5th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

Bengals have cut James Harrison, lost Michael Johnson to the Bucs yesterday.....guess they don't want to play defense this year

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

Bengals have cut James Harrison, lost Michael Johnson to the Bucs yesterday.....guess they don't want to play defense this year

Neither did Harrison last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Any Cowboys fans here? How bad is Phil Costa? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Jacoby Jones back to the Ravens for 4 years, 14 million, 4.5 million guranteed

He claims he turned down a better offer from the Giants

Thanks for the hometown discount :)

Gary Kubiak probably had something to with it

• Advertisement

Colts sign Phil Costa, hopefully cheap enough deal but rules out Mack now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭cosatron

What do guys think of the panthers cutting Steve smith. I think it sucked. He was the face of the franchise and still producing the goods. I know it's a ruthless business but I think he earned the right to go out on his own terms. His interview was class and telling talib to ice up was my favourite quote of the year

cosatron wrote: »
    What do guys think of the panthers cutting Steve smith. I think it sucked. He was the face of the franchise and still producing the goods. I know it's a ruthless business but I think he earned the right to go out on his own terms. His interview was class and telling talib to ice up was my favourite quote of the year

tbh, when i see players refusing to take pay cuts etc and some people moaning about it, teams dont hesitate to cut a player if it doesnt suit their needs. I think smith has been around long enough to know how things work

tbh, when i see players refusing to take pay cuts etc and some people moaning about it, teams dont hesitate to cut a player if it doesnt suit their needs. I think smith has been around long enough to know how things work

Ok. I didn't realised he refused a pay cut. I see wilfork asked to be released. Any truth in this or just media crap

cosatron wrote: »
    Ok. I didn't realised he refused a pay cut. I see wilfork asked to be released. Any truth in this or just media crap

No no i didnt say that!

I was just referring to your ruthless business comment, it is very much like that. I was just saying i fully understand why players refuse to take paycuts because the team can drop them at anytime.

No no i didnt say that!

I was just referring to your ruthless business comment, it is very much like that. I was just saying i fully understand why players refuse to take paycuts because the team can drop them at anytime.

Oh ok. Sorry I took you up wrong. I always liked smith in Carolina, it would be like if we cut driver before he retired. It just wouldn't be right. I can't believe wilfork asked to be released, I wonder would the pats do a straight swap for Raji

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Raf32 wrote: »
    Colts sign Phil Costa, hopefully cheap enough deal but rules out Mack now.

Or else they still want Mack, and Holmes is an almighty bust.
    Seems weird when there's interest from both sides regarding Mack.

Agree. The cap is there ultimately to protect the owners. It keeps the money down.
    I think some players realise this and think "why should I take a pay cut" when the owners are pulling in Billions?

davyjose wrote: »
    Or else they still want Mack, and Holmes is an almighty bust.
    Seems weird when there's interest from both sides regarding Mack.

Tbh id love Mack, top 3 centre in the league but over $10 million a year is just too much for a centre. Plenty of other good options out there though but seems Grigson trying to cheap it out again. Luck cant keep getting hit like he has been.

• Advertisement

Raf32 wrote: »
    Tbh id love Mack, top 3 centre in the league but over $10 million a year is just too much for a centre. Plenty of other good options out there though but seems Grigson trying to cheap it out again. Luck cant keep getting hit like he has been.

Yup. Like I said, jokingly, in the Colts thread: you'd almost think Grigs doesn't like him.
    If Luck gets hurt RG could well be shown the door. Irsay shopped Manning for the kid. And only 2 years left on his rookie contract. There's a lot at stake.

Advertisement