Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 Free Agency

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Chris Johnson has said he'll take a pay cut to get a trade... I fully expect him to stay with the Titans now!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I really hope Steve Smith joins the ravens. Along with Torrey, Brown and Pitta thats a decent reciever corps.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,335 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Brandon Browner to the Pats on a 2 year deal according to Rappaport. Seems like it's being denied by his agent though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

That would be another good pick up if true, cant be costing too much either

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Oldish news but Chargers have picked up another 2 Colts i.e. Donald Brown and Conner an ILB.

Our big news prior to this was us signing 3 of our own top FAs i.e. Butler, Rinehart and Stuckey. We've also brought Reggie Walker back a backup LB and special teamer. Also, signed a CB from Bengals, Ghee and a TE/FB from the Steelers in Johnson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Oldish news but Chargers have picked up another 2 Colts i.e. Donald Brown and Conner an ILB.

Our big news prior to this was us signing 3 of our own top FAs i.e. Butler, Rinehart and Stuckey. We've also brought Reggie Walker back a backup LB and special teamer. Also, signed a CB from Bengals, Ghee and a TE/FB from the Steelers in Johnson.

Conner is underrated! He provides good cover for a small cost! Would have much preferred the Colts to keep him!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

taidghbaby wrote: »
    Conner is underrated! He provides good cover for a small cost! Would have much preferred the Colts to keep him!

Agreed with that really underrated, absolute steal for the price the chargers paid.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Wes Woodyard to the Titans via the Broncos.. no details on the deal as yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Wes Woodyard to the Titans via the Broncos.. no details on the deal as yet

4 years at $4m...no idea how much guaranteed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Just saw the details of the Talib's contract with the Broncos

In effect it is a one year contract with a $5million signing bonus and $6.5million salary with game bonuses of $500,000 for the number of games played.

The Broncos can void subsequent years of the contract (each year) unless Talib is on injured reserve.

Talib is due to earn $5.5million in year 2 plus game bonuses and $8.5million plus game bonuses in year 3.

Looking at the contract it appears that it is designed as a 2 year deal worth $18million.

The contract will count $12.35million against the cap this year.

Ward's contract is in effect a one year deal worth $7million with a second year worth $6.5million only injury guaranteed at the start of free agency

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Langdon Alger

The Vikings signed Captain Munnerlyn for $15 million over 3 years with $7 million guaranteed

Cortland Finnegan signs with the Fins

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Evan Deirich Smith gone to bucs and packers resign B.J. Raji

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    I really hope Steve Smith joins the ravens.

You got your wish, Adam Schefter has reported he signed a 3 year deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Ravens sign Smith and resign Smith! This offseason has been everything I'd hoped for and more.

I love the passion SS brings to the game, will defintely be tuning in for his game vs the panthers

Titans sign Oher..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I hope you like false start penalties in Tennessee!

hopefully a change of scenery does him good... or he's cut!

Nicks nearly done to the Colts, would be a great deal. Great bunch of receivers and tight ends on the roster now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭me89

Browner to the patriots 3yr deal worth 17 million

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Raf32 wrote: »
    Nicks nearly done to the Colts, would be a great deal. Great bunch of receivers and tight ends on the roster now.

Not really Nicks has great upside but he only cares 5% of the time and is constantly plagued with foot and ankle injuries which he can't seem to shake off. 5.5m for one year isn't a risk but there is a reason he's only getting 5.5m and that's becuase the guy doesn't care. Also right now 5.5m is overvaluing Nicks.

It's quite telling that most Giants fans didnt want him back.

Red Crow wrote: »
    Not really Nicks has great upside but he only cares 5% of the time and is constantly plagued with foot and ankle injuries which he can't seem to shake off. 5.5m for one year isn't a risk but there is a reason he's only getting 5.5m and that's becuase the guy doesn't care.

It's quite telling that most Giants fans didnt want him back.

he is only getting $3.5 with incentives. I think its a great signing as he will only be a #3 for us, great options depth wise, wouldnt like to see him be the heir to Reggie though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Nicks will either land a big money deal next year or he'll start it sitting on the couch

he is only getting $3.5 with incentives. I think its a great signing as he will only be a #3 for us, great options depth wise, wouldnt like to see him be the heir to Reggie though

Nicks isn't going to sign for someone to be a #3 either. He's going to either boom or bust. Still though he has more talent than the rest of your WR's put together but he's not a guy you would want to be relying on.

Nicks isn't going to sign for someone to be a #3 either. He's going to either boom or bust. Still though he has more talent than the rest of your WR's put together but he's not a guy you would want to be relying on.

Nowhere near Reggies level. TY Hilton is more valuable too. His best hope would be to play as #2 on the outside and play TY in the slot. He could be an absolute bust or go on IR after week 1 but at $3.5 million, thats a steal low risk high reward signing

Nowhere near Reggies level. TY Hilton is more valuable too. His best hope would be to play as #2 on the outside and play TY in the slot. He could be an absolute bust or go on IR after week 1 but at $3.5 million, thats a steal low risk high reward signing

Wayne is finished at the top level and Nicks has more talent than TY Hilton. If you think that TY Hilton and 35 year old Reggie Wayne have more talent than Hakeem Nicks then there is little point in continuing on much further. Nicks has the talent to be a top 5 guy. Pity he's throwing it away.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,832 ✭✭✭nerd69

Wayne is finished at the top level and Nicks has more talent than TY Hilton. If you think that TY Hilton and 35 year old Reggie Wayne have more talent than Hakeem Nicks then there is little point in continuing on much further. Nicks has the talent to be a top 5 guy. Pity he's throwing it away.

Iv watched a fair bit of nicks the odd time he's not injured as an eagles fan and I'd be more worried about the other two he has heaps of talent true enough but talent is only one piece of the pie and he's lacking in most others

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Brandon Spikes has signed a 1 year deal with the Bills, which keeps him in the AFC East.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Wayne is finished at the top level.

Do you know something about his injury we don't? He was sublime last year and the season before.
    Its best if you don't have a clue what you're talking about to say nothing at all.

Advertisement