Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cadetships 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 standrew321

Hi there,
    Just signed up to this forum, getting intollerably anxious. They seem to be slightly overdue with telling us the outcome, has anyone heard back? Does anyone have any insight? Just over two weeks until the induction date, getting a bit tight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Memmselfi

Hi there,
    Just signed up to this forum, getting intollerably anxious. They seem to be slightly overdue with telling us the outcome, has anyone heard back? Does anyone have any insight? Just over two weeks until the induction date, getting a bit tight.

It's tight alright. Nerve racking stuff. Hopefully it'll be tomorrow, rather than next week. I'll be keeping the phone on loud anyway!

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ssscormac

I've still heard nothing.

What competitions are you all in for?

Also StAndrew321 where did you hear that induction date? Is that for the Curragh beginning? I was under the impression we had to report a week or two before the Curragh starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭lawnmower1989

ssscormac wrote: »

Also StAndrew321 where did you hear that induction date? Is that for the Curragh beginning? I was under the impression we had to report a week or two before the Curragh starts.

Do they ring or email U?

Do they ring or email U?

Apparently they rang last year. But I'm not sure if that is always the case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭lawnmower1989

Memmselfi wrote: »
    Apparently they rang last year. But I'm not sure if that is always the case.

meant to say...one of the cadets told me they only got 10days notice last year

ssscormac wrote: »

It was announced at the medical that the starting date would be the 29th. I'm not aware of any requirement to be there week(s) in advance. I doubt they will tell people they are accepted then expect them to turn up ready to start training a couple of days later, virtually everyone will have loose ends to tie up.... in any case, here's to hoping we find out soon !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Rob07

What cadetship are people in for?

Rob07 wrote: »
    What cadetship are people in for?

Army

Anything anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 chazzbucket2

Anything anyone?

Nope. Nothing yet

Nothing here either.

Anyone get anything yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭mcko

Spoke to a guy in the NSR who was told last week he got the NS but still waiting on letter, maybe because he is in the NSR he got tipped off, so to speak, good luck to you all it is a fine career if you get in.

Anyone? Still nothing here...

Anyone? Still nothing here...

Same

Still nothing here. Cutting it very fine at this stage

Rob07 wrote: »
    Still nothing here. Cutting it very fine at this stage

Nail biting stuff alright. I wonder what has gone wrong, There must be some sort of a hold up. Hopefully not too much longer.

I'd doubt it will be today now. Bit late in the day like.

Nail biting stuff alright. I wonder what has gone wrong, There must be some sort of a hold up. Hopefully not too much longer.

I'd doubt it will be today now. Bit late in the day like.

Must be something high up I'd say, it's at that level now.

Yes I agree, another restless night ahead.

This is nervous stuff. I wonder has there been a delay with the police checks?

• Advertisement

could be the case. We were told if your vetting takes too long, it doesn't matter if you are number one, you will be told to come back next year.

Jesus I hope that isn't the case. It would be some kick in the balls for the poor soul it happened to. All the same it would explain why they are holding off of the offers.

Although I suppose there could be a million reasons.

Anybody else? I've had no emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Negative_G

Genuinely wrote: »
    Can anyone who was awarded a cadetship yesterday send me a private message. Please.

You didn't answer my previous question. You stated you received joining instructions in last years Cadetship thread, that would imply to me that you were successful last year so I am curious as to why you are actively seeking out successful applicants this time around?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ruprecht1990

got the good news yesterday...such a good feeling

• Registered Users Posts: 23 ThawkA

<Deleted by mod by request of poster>

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ShellyO901

Hey

What happens with Subs? Do many people turn down the offer of the cadet ship and subs are drafted in?

What's the likelihood of people dropping out of training and subs being brought in?

Is there a cut off date for subs?

Any info would be helpful, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭mcko

NS cadets sworn in yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 TacAide

ShellyO901 wrote: »
    Hey

What happens with Subs? Do many people turn down the offer of the cadet ship and subs are drafted in?

What's the likelihood of people dropping out of training and subs being brought in?

Is there a cut off date for subs?

Any info would be helpful, thanks

Got the cadets myself this year, (THANK GOD!), but was on the medical reserve panel last year, unfortunately there were no drop outs last year, it is even very rare for cadets to drop out of training and even rarer for someone to turn down the offer of a cadetship since so much effort one puts into the selection process and competition. But if someone did drop out or refuse their place, a sub, depending on your place on the medical reserve panel, you would be drafted in and inducted as a cadet.

From what I can remember last year the cut of time to bring in new cadets from the reserve panel was 3/4 weeks, then you get the email of thanks but no thanks email, if you satisfy the criteria next year than you are entitled to apply again.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Conjam1

Congratulations to those that Got offered a place for this years Cadetship.
    Unfortunately I didn't Get past Interviews. I was just wondering can anyone enlighten me as to when I can get feedback from the army/air corp with regard to my performance throughout the selection Process.

I want to try again Next year

Best of luck to all who are about to start training !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 TacAide

Conjam1 wrote: »
    Congratulations to those that Got offered a place for this years Cadetship.
    Unfortunately I didn't Get past Interviews. I was just wondering can anyone enlighten me as to when I can get feedback from the army/air corp with regard to my performance throughout the selection Process.

I want to try again Next year

Best of luck to all who are about to start training !!

You have to contact the Freedom of Information before you get feedback, (at least this is was I was told).

Freedom of Information Officer

Address:
    Freedom of Information Officer,
    Defence Forces Headquarters,
    Department of Defence,
    Station Road,
    Newbridge
    Co. Kildare

Office Number: (045) 49 2577/2578

Replies generally depends on the amount of people who contact them. Your also better of writing to them, thats what I always did anyway and was advised by serving members to do.

Advertisement