Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cadetships 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 looking887

Just got my email for the start of july fitness test good luck to all

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭tomato1988

looking887 wrote: »
    Just got my email for the start of july fitness test good luck to all

Mise freisin, congrats and good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ssscormac

Congrats lads!

I applied to both the army and the air corps and received emails from both today inviting me to stage two, bit worried about this as both are on the same day at the Curragh. Anyone else in the same boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Smurf8

Yeah me as well delighted!

Are we doing the SHL type ones as they ask us to bring pencils for a written test, as well as the online ones again?

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭mistermatthew

Didn't get throught the test. Can't believe it, got through to the interviews last year and fell at the first hurdle this time. Absolutely gutted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 nolanbd

Breakdown of application numbers according to Irish Independant on Friday 13th of June:
    2,608 applications received.
    1,419 were for the Army.
    493 for the Navy.
    546 for the Air Corps.
    150 for the Equitation School.

Approximately 1 in 75 applicants likely to be sucessful.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Those are the figures for 2013.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 limk2014

Did anybody get word back regarding navy cadetships?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ZeroFourNiner

Didn't get throught the test. Can't believe it, got through to the interviews last year and fell at the first hurdle this time. Absolutely gutted.

Was this for the Air Corps cadetship?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ssscormac

limk2014 wrote: »
    Did anybody get word back regarding navy cadetships?

I applied to the Navy as well, I received an email ages ago confirming receipt of application but nothing since. I think the Navy differs from the others as they physically bring you down to Dublin to do the psychometric tests. Did you just apply for the Navy or did you apply to any of the others?

Did anyone else apply to multiple posts or did you all just apply for one?

• Advertisement

ssscormac wrote: »
    I applied to the Navy as well, I received an email ages ago confirming receipt of application but nothing since. I think the Navy differs from the others as they physically bring you down to Dublin to do the psychometric tests. Did you just apply for the Navy or did you apply to any of the others?

Did anyone else apply to multiple posts or did you all just apply for one?

I applied for both army and navy and the army invited me to the next stage but I haven't received any word from the navy

• Registered Users Posts: 4 giddety

Hi folks

just wondering if anyone could help me with a few questions i have for stage 2 of the competition especially if anyone attended stage 2 last year

1. Is the stage 2 aptitude test the same as the written aptitude test that was previosly stage 1 a few years ago?

2. For the group assesment could anyone tell me what is actually entails? and what they are looking for specifically?

Many thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 5 carebear_92

Does anyone know the max BMI the air corps will take. I'm well enough built (not all fat :) ) but I'm just wondering what their BMI cut off point is. I'd fly the fitness test but wondering if there's any point in turning up if my BMI is to high? I've looked in the requirements they sent out and max weight of 100kg is all I can see.

Does anyone know the max BMI the air corps will take. I'm well enough built (not all fat :) ) but I'm just wondering what their BMI cut off point is. I'd fly the fitness test but wondering if there's any point in turning up if my BMI is to high? I've looked in the requirements they sent out and max weight of 100kg is all I can see.

Not sure of the max, but you would be silly not to turn up because of something like this

• Registered Users Posts: 13 looking887

My brother recently done a fitness test and the max bmi was 30. Anyone who failed was took aside and had areas of their body measured ( dunno where) and body fat% to see if its actually muscle or fat.

There was also a few lads when I done my fitness last year who were way over on bmi but perfectly acceptable once the other test is done so I wouldn't be too worried

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

If your BMI is too high they'll do a body fat test with a skinfold calipers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 justathought90

tomato1988 wrote: »
    Mise freisin, congrats and good luck

Hi by the look of this feed you've given this a go before so can you please give me a bit of info as to what to expect on the overnight. I know the fitness, more psychometric and the group assessment but whats entailed in the likes of the group stages and the tests from previous experience. Any info at all would be appreciated. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dalyga

Does anyone know how many dates the Air Corps are running up in the Curragh? Is it just next Tuesday/Wednesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Best of luck to everyone tomorrow.

With regard to your application for 2014 Air Corps Cadetship, I regret to inform you that you did not achieve a sufficiently high score in your Stage 2 assessment and, consequently, you will not be progressing further in the competition

;_;

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 kneedown

Xios wrote: »
    With regard to your application for 2014 Air Corps Cadetship, I regret to inform you that you did not achieve a sufficiently high score in your Stage 2 assessment and, consequently, you will not be progressing further in the competition

;_;

Lad sorry to hear that, I know how you feel, been there twice before myself. Was that all the e-mail said? I got through to the next stage myself and hopefully 3rd time lucky for me. What day where you in the curragh?

kneedown wrote: »
    Lad sorry to hear that, I know how you feel, been there twice before myself. Was that all the e-mail said? I got through to the next stage myself and hopefully 3rd time lucky for me. What day where you in the curragh?

Was down on tuesday, the email said more, but not really relevant to the thread, just something about a questionnaire after the whole thing is done :/

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Smurf8

Has anyone got an date yet for the interview? (Army)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭lawnmower1989

I got an email on 10th July saying I've been selected for interview and that they would be in touch in one weeks time with dates and details. I completed the personality questionnaire online then. Yet, I still have no date for my interview. They started on 21st July so I'm a bit worried something has gone wrong.

Anyone else in this position?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I got an email on 10th July saying I've been selected for interview and that they would be in touch in one weeks time with dates and details. I completed the personality questionnaire online then. Yet, I still have no date for my interview. They started on 21st July so I'm a bit worried something has gone wrong.

Anyone else in this position?

Yep, exact same here. I emailed yesterday but will see how it goes now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 giddety

Hi folks just wondering if anyone has received an email from the navy with a date for their medical?

Medicals are starting today week and haven't heard anything yet be it yes or no if I got through so just a bit worried

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭FatherlyNick

I will be in my final 4th year of university this year. Is it possible to be going through the cadetship competition while also finishing third level education? I would really like to enter the cadets ASA I'm out of university.

Does anyone know when offers will be made for the Cadetships?

limk2014 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when offers will be made for the Cadetships?

Army interviews finish this week

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement