Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cadetships 2014

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 MCjnr93

tomato1988 wrote: »
    So has there only been one yes email and no rejection ones on here for the army?

Well I've been reading through the thread and so far I am the only person that I've seen talking about receiving a reply, have you received a reply @tomato1988

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nolanbd

I did my interview on the last day. We were told to perhaps expect an email early this week but no reply yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭tomato1988

MCjnr93 wrote: »
    Well I've been reading through the thread and so far I am the only person that I've seen talking about receiving a reply, have you received a reply @tomato1988

No, nothing yet unfortunately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Rob07

What days next week exactly are army medicals taking place? I can't remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Genuinely

Rob07 wrote: »
    What days next week exactly are army medicals taking place? I can't remember.

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday

• Advertisement

Anything, anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Still nothing.

Still nothing.

At this stage, no news surely can't be good news can it? Any hope I had is almost gone

Is there anyone else awaiting word about an army medical who sat their interview on the last week they were on?

Rob07 wrote: »
    Is there anyone else awaiting word about an army medical who sat their interview on the last week they were on?

I'm still waiting and I did it the first week

• Advertisement

Well to be honest, at this stage, if army medicals are Monday-Wednesday of next week, and we haven't heard, our very best hope is if someone fails a medical and at a later date someone is bumped up into the class, and then one of us onto the reserve panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 chazzbucket2

Did anyone hear when offers are going to be made?

Has anyone got a message saying that they've been unsuccessful? My email/iPad has been acting up lately so I'm kind of worried in case I got an email but it's just not visible. Thanks.

Did anyone hear when offers are going to be made?

I you just sent you a private message, should answer your question!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Hi lads, did anyone hear anything yet?

Hi lads, did anyone hear anything yet?

No nothing yet. Won't be until the end of the week I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Memmselfi

Any word of the offers yet lads? I thought for sure it would be today!

Have any of you heard?

Memmselfi wrote: »

Have any of you heard?

I just sent you a private message, should
    Answer your question!

What Cadetship is everyone in for? State it when commenting, makes it handier for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ssscormac

Memmselfi wrote: »

Have any of you heard?

Still heard nothing...

Surely they have to let us know this week? I assume that if any of us had failed the medical then they would have emailed us by now and said so

• Advertisement

Did anybody get any word today? Still nothing here

Did anybody get any word today? Still nothing here

Nothing yet. Hopefully by the end of the week. Nervous times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 JD70140

Very nervous times indeed :0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 JD70140

Also is it just an assumption that we will hear this week or is there evidence to back it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭lawnmower1989

we were told it would be wednesday 10th. However this is assuming garda vetting is back and the final board report has been signed off by the minister and the taoiseach....

JD70140 wrote: »
    Also is it just an assumption that we will hear this week or is there evidence to back it up?

The word is possibly this week. But maybe early next week. There is no exact date.

JD70140 wrote: »

Just sent you a private message that should answer your question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Negative_G

Genuinely wrote: »
    I you just sent you a private message, should answer your question!
    I just sent you a private message, should
    Answer your question!
    Just sent you a private message that should answer your question.

You are aware I'm sure that there is no requirement to post a message to inform someone that you have PM'd them.

From your post history it would appear that you were 'accepted' last year. If this is the case and you are in training you should know better than to be transmitting information on a public forum, via PM or otherwise, or at the very least not broadcast that you are doing it.

For those of you still waiting, contact the competitions office for official correspondence.

I am informing persons, who have newly joined this service and may not be aware of the availability of a private message function.

Furthermore, I am attempting to shutdown any string of two and fro conversations that appear, by trying to alleviate the worries of those who post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Negative_G

I am informing persons, who have newly joined this service and may not be aware of the availability of a private message function.

Furthermore, I am attempting to shutdown any string of two and fro conversations that appear, by trying to alleviate the worries of those who post.

The very nature of this forum is to allow for discussion. By suggesting and requesting everything be kept to PM is counter productive.

I would like to think that anyone aspiring to be an officer in the Defence Forces would have the ability to decipher how a message board works.

You claimed you received your joining instructions for the previous competition so I assume you're currently a cadet?

Advertisement