Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cadetships 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Smurf8

Xios wrote: »
    I didn't apply last year, but it was the same testing system that the Gardai used.

so was it just like the cut-e examples with more tabs that you have to shuffle through to get the info?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ssscormac

Just finished the tests there now, hard to tell how they went though! Any idea how long we have to wait after the deadline to find out if we're through? Anyone else doing the air corps tests as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 EventHorizon88

ssscormac wrote: »
    Just finished the tests there now, hard to tell how they went though! Any idea how long we have to wait after the deadline to find out if we're through? Anyone else doing the air corps tests as well?

Finished the air corps one earlier and found it slightly more difficult than the army one, but confident all the same ha. I think the deadline is sat the 31st then a wait until June 30th for 2nd part.

is June 30th the date of the next stage is held on or is that when we find out if we got past the first stage? aye the air corps one looks more intense! did u apply for the navy this year too? just finished the test and i am already dying to know if i made it through haha

Just did them there, they are tough!

Did not get all the numerical or verbal done, but got the discovery rules done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Yep, that was not my finest performance ever on those psychometric tests, but I've been wrecked all week. Hopefully it's enough to get through anyway.

Yeah me as well, so from the email are they going to re test us in the Curragh?

Or is there going to be a separate re test in the public appointments office in Dublin between now and the Curragh stage like last year, they are not really clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭tomato1988

Smurf8 wrote: »
    Yeah me as well, so from the email are they going to re test us in the Curragh?

Or is there going to be a separate re test in the public appointments office in Dublin between now and the Curragh stage like last year, they are not really clear.

I reckon it'll be in Dublin sometime between now and the dates they've given for the overnight in the curragh, then there'll probably be more tests in the curragh like last year

Yeah they were the shl type ones

Yeah they were the shl type ones

Yeah they are tougher than the cut e ones, although I found the verbal harder than last year, numerical and abstract seemed fair

• Advertisement

The verbal was definitely the hardest part of the three, abstract I felt was fine and numerical somewhere between the other two. Nervy wait ahead anyway! I read somewhere that they take roughly the top 300 army candidates through to the next stage, anyone know if there is any truth to that?

The verbal was definitely the hardest part of the three, abstract I felt was fine and numerical somewhere between the other two. Nervy wait ahead anyway! I read somewhere that they take roughly the top 300 army candidates through to the next stage, anyone know if there is any truth to that?

It was a similar number last year as far as I know, but that was just hearsay last year, didnt hear of any definite figures

tomato1988 wrote: »
    It was a similar number last year as far as I know, but that was just hearsay last year, didnt hear of any definite figures

I take it you applied last year then. How long did it take for them to tell you if you made it through the psychometric testing?

I take it you applied last year then. How long did it take for them to tell you if you made it through the psychometric testing?

Yeah. Can't remember to be honest, but sometime in the next couple of weeks I would think

Yeah. Can't remember to be honest, but sometime in the next couple of weeks I would think

Aye it shouldn't take too long as it was all done electronically. The excessive inbox checking will commence on Monday then so!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 HappyFeet98

Yeah they are tougher than the cut e ones, although I found the verbal harder than last year, numerical and abstract seemed fair

Getting panicky over here! "they are tougher than the cut e ones" Mine were cut-e ones!!!
    A link that I got in my email was to maptq com, hosted by Cut-e com!

Getting panicky over here! "they are tougher than the cut e ones" Mine were cut-e ones!!!
    A link that I got in my email was to maptq com, hosted by Cut-e com!

No I meant the ones that we did in the curragh last year were shl

• Registered Users Posts: 3 HappyFeet98

No I meant the ones that we did in the curragh last year were shl

False alarm then! Thanks XD

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ssharpe

I reckon it'll be in Dublin sometime between now and the dates they've given for the overnight in the curragh, then there'll probably be more tests in the curragh like last year

Hi folks...new to this forum...just want to ask with reference to this to make sure I'm on the same page!

I thought the retest for the psychometric test, if successful, would've been on the dates June 30th - July 11th and not sometime before? Or are these dates for Stage 2 the overnight assessment? If there is a retest before these dates then I thought that would've been specified in the email.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dalyga

So do we have to wait until the end of June to see if we've been put through for the 2nd round? I applied for Air Corps only.

The last few years (for Air Corps anyway), it was always been the fitness test and prelim interview first. This took up some time while we were waiting for the LC to finish and meant that everyone (Grads and LC students) sat the psychometric tests together usually in earlyish July I think.

This year seems like a bit of a longer wait, initally anyway. They usually fly through the later rounds.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Young Blood

When was the cadetship deadline?

31st of last month

The deadline to apply was the 18th of May

Not a big fan of this waiting game!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 looking887

Not a big fan of this waiting game!

Totally agree with you there and I've a fear it's going to worse than last year with the general service recruitment running concurrent with the cadetship

looking887 wrote: »
    Totally agree with you there and I've a fear it's going to worse than last year with the general service recruitment running concurrent with the cadetship

Would have thought we would hear something this week

Would have thought we would hear something this week

Same here considering the next stage starts on the 30th of June

looking887 wrote: »
    Same here considering the next stage starts on the 30th of June

I reckon it could well be next week that we find out, fingers crossed. the waiting game is a killer.

Last year it was 2 weeks to the day from the closing of the portal to an email coming through, so seeing as that’s this Saturday I reckon Monday or Tuesday next week till we hear something.

• Advertisement

Last year it was 2 weeks to the day from the closing of the portal to an email coming through, so seeing as that’s this Saturday I reckon Monday or Tuesday next week till we hear something.

Yeah I was looking at the dates from last years emails myself. If its on monday though it only gives people two weeks to arrange time off etc. Difficult for people who work on a monthly roster

Advertisement