Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shannon Airport Thread [Mod Warning in First Post]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,692 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Interesting to see that the IAA say passenger numbers at SNN only increased 1% in June.

Not usual for them to report such info and new routes ex Cork or Dublin.

1% is a real disappointment if correct.

https://www.iaa.ie/news.jsp?i=542&gc=99&p=106&n=124&date_from=2000-01-01&date_to=2100-01-01

• Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Interesting to see that the IAA say passenger numbers at SNN only increased 1% in June.

Not usual for them to report such info and new routes ex Cork or Dublin.

1% is a real disappointment if correct.

https://www.iaa.ie/news.jsp?i=542&gc=99&p=106&n=124&date_from=2000-01-01&date_to=2100-01-01

Considering the loss of Stobart, I disagree, its infact good, it shows the RYR routes are improving at a good rate. Expect slightly better growth in July with BHX being there for a full month.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭highlydebased

This June also had the new charter to Izmir and and extra flight to Lanzarote a week, extra seats on BOS plus BHX was back for half the month. I suppose between those it probably just makes up the old Stobart capacity whatever that was. All the same, 1% is not great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Figerty

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Considering the loss of Stobart, I disagree, its infact good, it shows the RYR routes are improving at a good rate. Expect slightly better growth in July with BHX being there for a full month.

Micro analysis of monthly numbers is not the best idea,,, what is the 3-5 year previous trend and what is the 3-5 year plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brennans Row

Shannon Group seeks backers for re-investment (Irish Examiner)

The Shannon Group is seeking backers to fund its reinvestment programme at the airport and adjoining Shannon Free Zone.

Newly published tender documents show that the group is seeking candidates to provide financing for development/investment funding; funding for long-term infrastructure-type projects and funding/equity releases for existing income-producing investment properties.

The group is also seeking third parties to finance working capital loans and term loans.

Underlining the Shannon Group’s spend, the group has a number of planning applications before Clare County Council for the upgrading of properties in the Shannon Free Zone and of the airport’s terminal building.

• Advertisement

3267364990.jpg

WBO world champion Andy Lee and Billy Joe Saunders after a press conference ahead of 'The Showdown' at Thomond Park on September 19 (Limerick Leader)

Since I turned pro I have said this - I always spoke of stepping off the plane in Shannon Airport with the belt and then this was the natural progression to fight here in Thomond Park, which is by far one of the best facilities in Ireland,” said the former St Francis Boxing Club Olympian.

The capacity for the Thomond Park event will be 34,000 with the regular rugby set-up of 26,500 and then just over 7,000 seats on the pitch surrounding the ring which will be based on the half way line.

Ticket prices range from €30 to €500.

They will probably both attract a large UK following to Limerick, hopefully via Shannon.

Nation’s Top Visitor Attractions (Fáilte Ireland)

Fáilte Ireland have published their annual list of Ireland’s top visitor attractions.

The best fee-paying attractions in the Shannon Region were
    • Cliffs of Moher Visitor Experience
    • Bunratty Castle & Folk Park
    • Aillwee Cave & Burren Birds of Prey Centre
    • King John's Castle

Also the best free attractions in the Shannon Region were
    • Holy Cross Abbey
    • Limerick City Gallery of Art
    • Ballyhoura Mountain Bike Trails
    • Burren Perfumery and Floral Centre
    The rise in passenger numbers at Shannon was a boost for tourism last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Anyone know why there was a Boeing 777 in Shannon today? It took off this morning and again this evening. It flew over my house both times.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Anyone know why there was a Boeing 777 in Shannon today? It took off this morning and again this evening. It flew over my house both times.
    Omni air transport on behalf of USAF

There's an ad for Cityjet on a billboard on the way into Limerick with a Shannon Air display logo on it. Am I missing something??

• Advertisement

There's an ad for Cityjet on a billboard on the way into Limerick with a Shannon Air display logo on it. Am I missing something??

Interesting.... Could we be expecting an announcement on the 18th of July? Would be unusal considering the recently announced Cork route.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Interesting.... Could we be expecting an announcement on the 18th of July? Would be unusal considering the recently announced Cork route.

There is a City Jet RJ85 involved in the display on Saturday, which I thought was an unusual choice, so you could be correct.

German President visits Cliffs of Moher (Clare Herald)

The President of Germany concluded a three-day state trip to Ireland by visiting the Cliffs of Moher Visitor Experience.

German visitors are the largest visitor group to the Cliffs of Moher after the USA with over 145,000 travelling to Ireland’s second busiest visitor attraction in 2014.

President Gauck departed later for Germany from Shannon Airport.

German.jpg

June UK stats out. Highlights include 73% average LF on BHX, a promising start to it's return
    http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/80/airport_data_prov/201506/June_2015_Provisional_International_Routes.pdf

June UK stats out. Highlights include 73% average LF on BHX, a promising start to it's return
    http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/80/airport_data_prov/201506/June_2015_Provisional_International_Routes.pdf

355417.png

Interesting piece on RTE Radio 1 this morning about people who commute from Shannon to London weekly
    http://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/rteradiowebpage.html#!rii=9%3A20814712%3A48%3A17%2D07%2D2015%3A

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭cnoc

Interesting piece on RTE Radio 1 this morning about people who commute from Shannon to London weekly
    http://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/rteradiowebpage.html#!rii=9%3A20814712%3A48%3A17%2D07%2D2015%3A

Early morning flight to LHR badly needed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I used to commute daily :D

Sculpture of iconic image of Irish rugby stars unveiled at Shannon Airport (Irish Examiner) :cool:

zzzthedayThatChangedIrelandStatue_large.jpg

See that the Turkish cargo A332 is back in SNN this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

There are 3 United flights today?

Jhcx wrote: »
    There are 3 United flights today?

There was one delayed yesterday, could that be it?

Shannon Airport, Making dreams come true... (Youtube - John McCarthy)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

There was one delayed yesterday, could that be it?

Ya was a cancelled one and another today not sure if it went

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,625 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Went down to the air show yesterday, was a fun day out.
    Wanted to try the helicopter, but thought for €50 for a 3 minute ride and a waiting time of an hour, I might give it a miss this time. Maybe next time.

Yesterday's Chicago went tech. I believe a fix was in sight and was planned to go as far as Newark to change crew. However it ended up cancelled in the end. Went at 3pm today

Pepper Ireland has said it is creating 50 positions in Dublin and Shannon. (RTE)

Two Dublin flights diverted to Shannon today.
    • Milan Aer Lingus EI433
    • Munich Aer Lingus EI353

• Registered Users Posts: 10,692 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

What config is the 767 on BOS/

• Advertisement

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    What config is the 767 on BOS/

2-3-2.

Advertisement