Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shannon Airport Thread [Mod Warning in First Post]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,687 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Carnacalla wrote: »
    2-3-2.

Sorry should of said total capacity J/Y

• Registered Users Posts: 18,141 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Sorry should of said total capacity J/Y

J class has 12 seats in a 2-2-2 formation.
    Y class has 198 seats in a 2-3-2 formation.
    Total=210

6 months since its cancellation and I haven't heard one word about a Scottish service. Disappointing, I would have thought that there was a fairly lucrative market there.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Manuel

Hi folks,
    Is there any way to find out in advance when a Volga-Dnepr A124 is coming? I have set up notifications on Flightaware.com, but usually whenever one pops up it's only a few hours in advance, and not all flight plans seem to be registered there, or at least not all of them come up in my notifications.

For example this morning I got a notification about a Volga-dnepr A124 departing Shannon for Orlando at 2.00pm local time today, bit I got no notification about its arrival.

Hope ye can help. On hols at the moment and would love to pop down and see one if the opportunity arose again.

Thanks,
    /M.

Shannon-Izmir seems to be doing well, flights sold out until the 22nd of August.
    Hopefully it may be retained in 2016.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Manuel wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    Is there any way to find out in advance when a Volga-Dnepr A124 is coming? I have set up notifications on Flightaware.com, but usually whenever one pops up it's only a few hours in advance, and not all flight plans seem to be registered there, or at least not all of them come up in my notifications.

For example this morning I got a notification about a Volga-dnepr A124 departing Shannon for Orlando at 2.00pm local time today, bit I got no notification about its arrival.

Hope ye can help. On hols at the moment and would love to pop down and see one if the opportunity arose again.

Thanks,
    /M.

There is one due on Saturday, I'll get you the time tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Manuel

Thanks a million Caovyn , I really appreciate it.
    /M.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brennans Row

Thomson Airlines flight from Cancun Mexico to Manchester diverted to Shannon this morning.

**** Update ****

I see that another Thomson Airlines flight has stopped off in Shannon (Manchester to Boa Vista) probably with a fresh flight crew to fly the other aircraft back to Manchester?

Two days ago, Gama Aviation (Boeing 737-7BJ) from Dallas via Newfoundland to Naples made an emergency landing to Shannon due to an alarm in the cargo hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Airbus330

Flew out and back on the Memmingen flight last week. Decent loads on them probably about 10 empty seats out and back.

Memmingen is a bit of a disaster though. Almost two hours outside Munich and you get hit with a €17.50 bus ticket one way to/from the airport into the city!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,625 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Airbus330 wrote: »
    Flew out and back on the Memmingen flight last week. Decent loads on them probably about 10 empty seats out and back.

Memmingen is a bit of a disaster though. Almost two hours outside Munich and you get hit with a €17.50 bus ticket one way to/from the airport into the city!

Check out Kempten, Füssen and the Allgäu in general, much nicer and a lot cheaper than Munich! :pac:
    Now, it is lovely there in summer, but Memmingen is great for skiing in Obersdorf or head on further into Austria.

Check out Kempten, Füssen and the Allgäu in general, much nicer and a lot cheaper than Munich! :pac:
    Now, it is lovely there in summer, but Memmingen is great for skiing in Obersdorf or head on further into Austria.

Yeah ventured into Austra as well. It doesn't operate in the winter so no good for skiing unfortunately. I'm sure it would prove popular during the skiing season though even at a reduced frequency!

Yeah ventured into Austra as well. It doesn't operate in the winter so no good for skiing unfortunately. I'm sure it would prove popular during the skiing season though even at a reduced frequency!

Darnit, I forgot. Yeah, it would be great. Someone should tell Ryanair they're missing a trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭highlydebased

It is running til November 10 this year, the latest running summer route by about 2 weeks

It is running til November 10 this year, the latest running summer route by about 2 weeks
    Just a week, Faro runs until the 3rd.

If the route was doing so terribly in the early/late months as another poster was suggesting (maybe they were just being pessimistic), why is it extended so much?

Two jets in emergency landings at Shannon (Irish Examiner)

Two holiday jets — operated by the same airline — were forced to make emergency landings at Shannon Airport yesterday after passengers fell ill.

The first diversion involved Thomson flight TOM-173 which was en route from Cancun, Mexico, to Manchester. The Boeing 787-800 Dreamliner was over the Atlantic about 500km west of Shannon when the pilot requested permission to divert.

The pilot also sought priority landing and high- speed approach. The flight touched down at 6.25am and taxied directly to the terminal where an ambulance and doctor were waiting.

The passenger was assessed on board before being removed to University Hospital Limerick for treatment.

The flight continued its journey at around 10.35am after the crew received a new flight plan. Passengers’ baggage had been removed in accordance with security procedures.

Meanwhile, Thomson flight TOM-366 from Manchester to the Cape Verde islands also made an unscheduled stop at Shannon yesterday. The Boeing 757-200 jet landed shortly before 9am and resumed its journey at around 10.10am.

It is not known whether a patient was removed to hospital from the flight. The airline would only say: “These flights diverted for medical reasons.”

Two flights from the same airline diverting to Shannon around the same time is a very unusual occurrence.

From Cancun?
    My guess would be Montezuma's Revenge.

From Cancun?
    My guess would be Montezuma's Revenge.

Could that cause a diversion? Must be an expensive sh!t.

Flying to LHR in November and the aircraft is still listed as an a319? What's the story with the A320?

Flying to LHR in November and the aircraft is still listed as an a319? What's the story with the A320?

Aer Lingus are horrifically bad at filling in the aircraft type and seat map.

The evening flight is listed as an A320, the others are not.

In the case of this years SNN-BOS route (using the 767), it was listed at a 757 until late February, and when it was first put in it said African Intercontinental Airways (which is banned from flying to the EU) instead of OMNI, can't see how they can make such an embarrassing error.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,687 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Dates?

A320 is assigned to flights and seat maps reflect this in November.

Dates?

Looking now your correct, recently they had only the A320 for the evening flight.

ACE is still listed as an A319.

Dates?

Flying out November 3rd

Westpark is delighted to welcome its latest arrival, Hubbell Global Operations Limited to the Westpark Business Campus.

Hubbell, headquartered in Shelton, Connecticut, USA, are manufacturers of quality electrical and electronic products for residential, commercial and utility applications.

In addition to their existing global locations, Hubbell have chosen Westpark to set up their new European Sales & Marketing office.

Westpark’s strategic location in terms of access to European and world markets, its quality product offering and the flexibility of on-site expansion, were key to Hubbell selecting Westpark as their preferred location.

Good news for the airport as sales reps need to travel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Westpark is delighted to welcome its latest arrival, Hubbell Global Operations Limited to the Westpark Business Campus.

Hubbell, headquartered in Shelton, Connecticut, USA, are manufacturers of quality electrical and electronic products for residential, commercial and utility applications.

In addition to their existing global locations, Hubbell have chosen Westpark to set up their new European Sales & Marketing office.

Westpark’s strategic location in terms of access to European and world markets, its quality product offering and the flexibility of on-site expansion, were key to Hubbell selecting Westpark as their preferred location.

Good news for the airport as sales reps need to travel.
    Whats the story with the text colour of your posts?

Pain in the hole having to highlight it to read it every time.

I'm using the Dark Theme here. But that shouldn't matter.

I don’t use colours, I just post simple text. :confused:

356300.png

I don’t use colours, I just post simple text. :confused:

356300.png

Every time someone quotes a post from you it starts with , I think that's what they were referring to.

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Every time someone quotes a post from you it starts with , I think that's what they were referring to.
    I see that #000000 denotes the colour black.

Which probably explains why Tombstone sees nothing i.e. black text against a black background.

Its seems that the boards editor automatically formats my text with #000000 after posting?

Mods, do I need to default my appearance settings?

Foynes Air Show organisers pay tribute to crash victim (Clare Herald)

The victim had been scheduled to make his second appearance at the Foynes Air Show tomorrow (Sunday), having appeared at the inaugural event in 2014.

In a statement issued this evening, Gerry Humphreys, Foynes Air Show Director said: “The pilot had taken off from Waterford and was on transit to Shannon Airport when a technical issue occurred. The aircraft crashed as the pilot was attempting to return to Waterford Airport. He was fatally injured in the crash.”

The BD5 at Foynes 2015 (Foynes Air Show)

bd5.png

Very sad news.

• Advertisement

Pain in the hole having to highlight it to read it every time.

I'm using the Dark Theme here. But that shouldn't matter.

I think I have fixed the unnecessary black colour formatting of my posts.

It seems that when pasting unformatted text from MS Word, the boards editor automatically formats the text with the colour code for black.

By switching the editor mode (button top right) before pasting, eliminates this unnecessary colour formatting.

One learns something new everyday. :)

356399.png

Advertisement